On Metal Wings

Game Over

Airi stood before me, growling at me and taking a fighting stance. I copied her form, and grasped the stick tighter. Airi started to slowly circle me trying to stay in my blind spot, but I was doing a good job keeping her in my range of vision. Airi charged at me with her fists ready to punch, but I quickly pulled the stick up to protect my chest. I may have been better off just letting her hit me, because the stick was pushed back hitting me full force and causing me to stumble some. The wind was knocked out of me and breathing seemed impossible at the moment. A small smirk grew on Airi's face, and she ran up to me again. I swung the stick at her and she simply dodged it and broke it with a kick, making it the same size as the knife she kicked out of my my hands. I tossed the stick to the ground, and made a run for it.

I ran through the forest trying my best to keep the pace I was running though I kept tripping on every rock, and snapping every twig. I made it back to the port, gasping for air, and really having to vomit now. Airi jumped out of the brush after me. fists in punching position, and legs ready to lunge. I slowly backed away from her, as Akio's robotic dog came jumping out of nowhere, with Akio mounted on top of his head. The two of them cornered me at the dock, very close to the edge. "Looks like we've got her." Akio said tossing his sister a knife. She nodded her head in reply. "Game over..." She said putting me in a choke-hold, and positioning the knife to slit my throat. "Hey!! Put me down!" Akio yelled. I looked over, to find the boy was hoisted up a few feet off the ground. " Iwao, you're interrupting." Airi said letting me go, and facing the man. " We're acting on captain's orders." Sonja said coming out of nowhere, confiscating Airi's knife, who fought hard to get it back. " You know the captain want's us to go to that masquerade tonight. now you've gone and made yourselves un-presentable in public." Sonja said grabbing Airi by the ear the way a mother would her daughter. "Ow ow ow ow ow ow" she whined. I couldn't help but chuckle. Airi glanced back at me. "Not bad for a newbie." she said to me, winking. "But come on, did you have to break Leo twice?" Akio whined. "Sorry." I said grinning, proud of the praise I got.

Back on the ship, I saw Niko. "I'll be down to your room in a minute." he said to me. Before I could say anything he left with Izo who was carrying a bunch of maps. "So the plan for tonight. . ." Izo trailed off as the walked away. I shrugged and went to my room to take a quick shower. I tried to hurry so I could be ready for Niko's visit. I ran out of the bathroom, not bothering to put on my towel. As soon as I got out of the bathroom, Niko was standing there in front of me. "How did you get here so quickly?" I wondered. I stood there as Niko turned beet red. He scratched his nose. "Magic." I looked at him for a moment, and he kept trying to avoid looking at me, but appeared unsuccessful. That's when I noticed I was naked. "Oh! sorry..." I said running back to the bathroom my face now the same color as his, grabbing a towel. "Did you need something?" I asked peaking from behind the door, my voice a nervous pitch from embarrassment. "Yeah, we're going dress shopping." he said. "But I have enough dresses as it is." I said pointing to my closet. I never took Niko as a guy who liked fashion and shopping. . . "Because you're going to a masquerade tonight." He replied pulling a dress from my closet. "And I don't think any of these will work." he said. I took the dress, and closed the door the rest of the way. I slipped on the soft pink dress, and brushed my mess of hair, braiding it back the way I usually do before opening the door again. "Looks good on you." he said smiling some. "Thanks. So, where we going shopping?" I asked him, grabbing a sweater and blushing. "Don't worry about it." He said putting his arm over me, and leading me through the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
alright! chapter..... ten, right? wait.. eleven!!!!!!
.. wow %D and sorry for all the typos (That's okay, I fixed them, at least most I think. . . #NarwhalBacon)