Status: Active

Lover's Dance

For they can't hold

"A dream is a wish your heart makes, when you're fast asleep..."
I held onto Josh's waist, smiling as I watched the Princesses and Princes dance together on the stage. Out of the entire Floor show, this was my favorite part. Even when I'm a rockstar, I'm always a princess. I was even wearing my favorite princess sweater, it was one of the most stylish thing Disney had come up with, I loved it.
"I know you, I danced with you once upon a dream..."
"I love this song." I admitted, laughing. Josh looked down at me.
"You do?" He asked. I nodded.
"Sleeping Beauty is my favorite princess," I explained. "The scene where the animals dress up in clothes and the prince takes their place is the best thing in the world." I laughed, knowing I probably sounded like a child.
"I always liked the part when Prince Phillip kissed the princess awake." He said after a moment, looking down at me slyly. He leaned down and lightly pressed his lips to mine. I pulled away after a moment and focused my attention on the show, which was almost over. Once the Disney characters defeated Malificent and Captain Hook, everyone came out for a celebritory dance and the show ended. I cheered and clapped and told Josh I wanted to meet Sleeping Beauty, and he promised me he'd be on the lookout for the princess. We ran into her and Prince Phillip next to the Cinderella Castle, coincidentally. Excitedly, I gave her a hug and took a picture with her before asking someone to hold the camera and take a picture of the four of us.
"And is this your prince?" Aurora asked. I glanced over at Josh, who's arm had found it's way around my waist. I looked down shyly and laughed quietly, nervously fixing the Minnie ears Josh had bought me, which matched his Mickey ears.
"I- well, I'd like to hope-
"yes." Josh said, confidentally and tightening his hold on my waist. "I am."
The Princess and her Prince continued to have a small chat with Josh, but I didn't really pay attention. I was too busy looking at my own prince.
"You want to check out Tom Sawyer's island?" I asked as we walkd away from the royal couple.
"What's that?" He asked. I smirked.
"You'll see, come on!"
We took the log raft over to the small island attraction, and I took a running start as soon as my feet hit the ground so Josh had to run to keep up.
"Hey!" He called out, laughing. "Where are you going?"
"Meet me inside the windmill!" I called over my shoulder, running towards the large windmill. I pointed to the door on the side, so he knew where to go. I myself went to the other side and climbed the wooden stairs that led inside the top of the windmill. Once there I began my decsent down the stairs, but stopped when I saw Josh walking up to meet me. He glanced at me curiously, raising an eyebrow. I know he was confused as to why I'd just made us run to a large windmill and was probaby amused. I just laughed and ran to wrap my arms around him, givng him a quick kiss.
"You know, this is a great place to play pretend." I suggested. He looked down at me, amused.
"Alright, and what do you want to play?" I glanced around slyly before looking back to him.
"The Hunger Games." He threw his head back and laughed so loud it filled the entire windmill.
"Okay," he said between laughs. "We can play The Hunger Games. But only if I can be Peeta." He winked.
"Sure thing, Peeta." I lauhed. He steppd aside so I could make my way out of the windmill.
"Lead the way, Katniss." I quickly ran down the stairs and, with Josh behind me, manouvered my way around the island, past the giant pirates ship and the barrel bridges, to the mines. Laughing, I ran inside.
"Gale?" I called out urgently. "Gale where are you?"
Josh came up behind me, putting his hands on my hips.
"Hey hey, why are you calling for Gale, Katniss? You've got a Peeta right here."
"Because there isn't a bakery on Tom Sawyer's island." I said playfully. He pulled me closer and lightly kissed my neck.
"But we did pass some caves back there." He whispered.
Image

The next few weeks were bliss. We went to the park, went to the movies -sometimes we actually watched them-, had staring contests where we both lost. pretended to be a married couple in the babystore and leave our filled carts somewhere in the back, dance like maniacs in my living room, sometimes we just stayed in and messed around in the house. We would try to bake and destroy the kitchen, we'd attempt spring cleaning but end up looking through photo albums. It was like a romantic montage set to The Givers "Saw You First."

Lori and Amanda sat on the couch watching a movie while Josh and I sat together on the love seat. I sat with my legs on his lap and he played with my hair comfortably as he retold the story of his strange neighbor who walked her cat on a leash, because it was my favorite. I laughed like a hyena every time.
"Hey!" Lori exclaimed after a moment. "We're trying to watch a movie here."
"Yeah," Amanda added, "Can't you two go upstairs and make out like a normal couple?"
Josh and I looked at each other before laughing. Before Lori came over and Amanda came downstairs we'd been on the couch doing just that.
"My friends throwing a party tonight," Josh suggested. "I didn't even think to go. But since our departure has been requested-" he glanced over at Lori and Amanda. "You want to go?"
"Sure." I shrugged. "Let me just go get dressed."
"It's like, semi-formal." Josh said, following behind me up the stairs. I nodded, reaching for the first dress I liked when I got to my closet. Josh grabbed a blazer and we were on our way.
Josh's friend, it turns out, was a friend of Victoria Justice's that'd been introduced to Josh awhile back. Victoria was supposedly in town, as was Josh, so he'd decided to throw a party for them.
"You were going to miss a party thrown partially in your honor?" I gasped, slapping his arm. He laughed.
"Why would I want to go out all night when I can stay in with you?"
I smiled, rolling my eyes. "You're so fucking cheesy." He just leaned over and pecked my lips quickly before pouring us some drinks.
We turned away from the drink table and looked out to the dance floor.
"Hey," Josh said after a moment, slyly. "You remember the last party we went to?"
I smirked, remembering the premiere and after party. "Of course. Why?"
"You know the one thing we didn't get to do that night?"
"No, what?"
Josh grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the dance floor. I just laughed and danced to some Katy Perry song. Josh swayed comfortably to the music, but laughed and joined me as I flailed my arounds -almost dangerously- and I moved my hips. The dance floor was big enough and the guest list was small enough so that everyone had enough room to dance but didn't leave the floor empty. The music was always upbeat so I could dance like a idiot and Josh could laugh at me. I smiled as the familiar sound of One Direction came on, if only because it was impossible not to dance to this song and be happy. I impersonated dance moves only a boy band would be proud of, failing miserably. Josh only laughed and hooked an arm around my waist, pulling me to him so I could wrap my arms around his neck, smiling as he mumbled along with the words.
"Baby you light up my world like nobody else, the way the you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed. But when you smile at the ground, it ain't hard to tell. You don't know, oh oh, you don't know you're beautiful."
I laughed quietly and sang along quietly with him.
"If only you saw what I could see. You'd understand why I want tou so desperately. Right now I'm looking at you and I can't believe, you don't know, oh oh, you don't know you're beautiful. Oh oh, that's what makes you beautiful."
Josh smiled, "Maybe I should stick to acting and leave the singing to you."

"How to walruses reproduce?"
Josh momentarily choked on his drink before looking at me strangely, asking, "What?"
"How to walruses reproduce?"
"Why?"
"I'm curious."
"Well, I guess you'd have to take the tusks into account-"
"No wait I love this song!"
I pulled Josh by the hand to the dance floor, singing along and happily shaking my hips.
"Take me on a trip I'd like to go someday," I sang, smiling, "Take me to New York I'd like to see LA."
I jumped, dancing over to Josh and pulling him out to dance as well. "I really want to, come kick it with you. You'll be my American boy, American boy."
I started laughing as Josh tried to dance with me, unable to keep up. After a moment he gave up and grabbed my waist, pulling me close and burying his face in my neck.
"Do you really want to go somewhere? We can, if you want."
I pulled away to look at him, smirking and raising an eyebrow questioningly.

"ROAD TRIP!"
I stuck my hands out the window as we drove down the highway, the wind whipping my hair around my face. Josh laughed, shaking his head and singing quietly along with the radio as he drove down the empty highway.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, this took awhile. Not to write, to get to you. Sorry -computer broke, finally decided to write on my phone, accidental deletion, ect.
Anyways, next chapter should be up within the next week, if not this weekend!
I love you guys.
~Des