Status: Update every Wednesday

The Girl with the Golden Eyes

My mind has left the building & I shouldn't be speaking, but now I can so I will

My hospital room was beginning to creep me out... There were flowers and cars from people I had never met but, because I was a girl who had survived a tragedy apparently it's okay for people to send me random things.

My legs were healing really well, it had been almost a week and I could already get around; I had to use a can though; but in all honesty, it was a pretty bad ass cane.

Thankfully I had gotten my luggage back, for two days I had been enjoying my own clothes and a book. I did loose my carry on bag in the crash, so goodbye to my favourite books and my iPod; but my laptop was safely tucked away in my luggage.

A downside I had found out, was being seventeen and in my situation, it was law that I had a court order caseworker who would find me a place to live if the police couldn't find my Dad; not like they had been telling me if there had been any process...
I won't lie, I had been wondering, I mean if this Frank was my Dad... what was he like? Wealthy was my guess just because of the bills he paid because of me.

“Miss Penn, Penn!” Michelle Leblanc was my caseworker, she was pretty cool, I admit that; I think I'm one of her first clients, because she seems like she's trying really hard when she doesn't need to.
But that's why we click, we're both nervous wrecks.

“What is going on Michelle? How was your morning?” I asked, my nose picked up on the food in her bag and as Michelle opened her mouth to answer my stomach screamed into the silence of the room. “Oh wow... care to share the food?” I grinned and she gave me a small smile.

Michelle pulled out a BLT sub from Subway and a bottle of coke for me, my grin got bigger and I began to eat happily.
“Hey Penny, have you given any thought to my therapy suggestion?” She smoothed her honey blond hair and I saw concern in her big brown eyes.

I had refused that hospital therapist lady, Michelle had suggested a group therapy for empathetic purposes... I wasn't really into that,
“Michelle thank you for everything you've done but honestly, I don't like dealing with emotional stuff, if I don't think about...IT, than I don't get sad.” I shrugged and took another bite and I heard her scoff, “What?” I exclaimed

“Penny. You don't like emotional situations, but you're gonna be meeting your father! Who you were taken away from at birth!” My jaw dropped and Michelle realized what she had said, “Oh I-”

“You found him?” I asked excited. I put the sub on my bed side table, “Did you really find him?” She sighed and rubbed her forehead.

“Shit, look Penny we don't know if it's him, because if it is he used another name to sign you in but based on the description from that night-” I held up my hand,

“Whoa there... you're basing finding my father on someone's description of him seventeen years ago?” She nodded,

“And a debit card receipt from when he paid off the bills. They think they found him.” I bit my lip and my mind began to wonder, what was he like? Would he like me? Do I look like him?
Shouldn't I feel guilty... I just lost my Mom... I shouldn't be this excited. “Oh hey... Penny what happened? Your smile vanished as fast as you lit up.” Her voice softened and she put a hand on mine.

“No... I'm good, I think I'm gonna try and go for a walk.” I smiled.
I like going to see the babies in the nursery and the younger kids in the children ward because they're kind of alone like me.

“You didn't even finish your sub!” Michelle offered me the sandwich but I grabbed my cane and shook my head.

I left my room and began to go around the hospital, walking was getting easier really fast but I was still fascinated with looking at the color of my legs change, insert child like giggle.

“Hey guys!” I smiled as I walked into the girls room of the ward, I saw little smiles and I felt really awesome.

“Penny!” A few girls exclaimed, one jumped out of bed and ran for me,

“WHOA STOP!” I yelled before she slammed into me, thankfully she caught himself and stopped an inch from my sore legs, when I pointed down she looked up apologetically and hugged me slowly.

I spent about an hour with the girls, doing hair and having a tea party, then I moved to the boys where we played cards and with cars, after my hour there I moved towards the nursery.

Maybe it's just cause recently I learned about my birth but I liked seeing the babies and seeing the parents hold them, they looked like a family that I didn't have, they were lucky.
Now, I don't mean that in a jealous or bitter way, I was genuinely happy for those babies.

I stood there for what felt like forever and a tall man in a dark jacket and sunglasses stood beside me,
“Cute kids right?” I smiled and looked up at him,

“I love babies... they're just so new.” I stopped for a second and realized how creepy that sounded, “Uh- no I didn't mean uh I meant...” I trailed off when he started to laugh.
The man was a little taller than me, my right leg was sore from leaning on it but my wrist prevented me from using the left hand for my cane.
He took off his sunglasses and I pushed my own glasses up my nose. I may have pretty eyes but they don't see the best. They also had the oh so attractive bags under them, I haven't been sleeping very well since the crash.

“No I get what you mean, I was there for all my kids births and you're right they are very new. Babies are just cute all the time, you get kind of addicted.” I looked up at him and my mind got stuck, because I was talking to a celebrity.
Only in LA would you run into Nikki Sixx in a nursery.
Okay granted the nursery is in a pretty public part of the hospital.

He gave me the same look that I gave him. I didn't want to freak out but I did love this man, in a career sense.
Radio star, amazing author and musician... Motley was amazing not to mention his spin off band had a song that put me to bed every night.

“Yeah well babies are the shit!” After a millisecond my eyes widened and all I could say to myself was 'WHAT THE HELL BRAIN' When I realized Nikki Sixx was laughing I felt my face go red. “I swear the medication they give you...” I trailed off with a small laugh, he looked back at me and smiled,

“You're funny! I'm Nikki.” He put out his hand and I stared at it for a second.

“P-Penny!” I remembered normal human protocol and shook the mans hand. I saw his smile falter for a second and he recovered,

“Well I've got to go Penny but it was nice to meet you.” He left swiftly and I frowned.
I grabbed my shirt and sniffed it, I knew some of my clothes reeked thanks to the plane but this one had been washed and smelt nice, I smelt nice, what the hell happened?

I limped back to my room just as Michelle was leaving,
“Did you stay in there the whole time?” I exclaimed looking at my wrist, I had been gone for over two hours.

“Oh no, I just came back to see you but you're here. Um sweetie Chief Marshall is here and wants to see you. I think it's about your Dad.” I frowned. I had just met one of my heroes and had just been moving for the last two hours, my legs hurt and my wrist was throbbing...

“Now? Really? Can't I sit down? My legs hurt.” I whined. Michelle had begun grabbing clothes for me and she faced me with hands on her hips, “I can bring you in a wheelchair.” She offered, My eyebrows jumped up my forehead,

“Oh my legs can take another twenty minutes!” I smiled and limped to the bathroom.
Twenty minutes later I emerged looking pretty and clean, Michelle had cleaned my glasses and I pushed my thick frames up my nose and sighed, “Okay, lets go...”

We got to the main office of the hospital and I waved to a few nurses who I recognized from the week.
“Well good afternoon miss Hendrix, how are you today?” I sat down and looked up at the cop, “Tired and yourself?” Not that I really cared but you know, manners...

“Anyways, I brought you in here because we've found your Dad. A few days ago one of my guys at the station tracked him down, he did some blood tests yesterday and today we confirmed it.” I tried to smile but I was shaking, Chief Marshall waved to the police man by the door and he stuck his head out the door.

I heard a laugh outside and I watched the man walk in, my shaking stopped and I was stone.
Because I couldn't believe the man that walked into the door was my father.
“Hi Penny.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter Three!!
Thank you to 'stamfordbridge' for commenting on both chapters!
To my six subscribers please comment and let me know what you think :)
How YOU would like Penny and Nikki to interact as father and daughter?

Anyways, new chapter up in a few days :)
- Katie