Status: Active. Updated about once a week

Shattered By Broken Dreams

Chapter 10

About three hours into the drive, Savannah was lying on the couch reading Janet Evanovich’s latest Stephanie Plum novel, whilst Erica and Tommy were watching a re-run of Ghost Hunters on the LCD TV which was attached the wall. Kyle had disappeared about an hour previously to his bunk to have a nap.

Savannah had just gotten to the part where Stephanie’s car had blown up, when she felt the bus slowing to a stop and pulling to the side of the road. She looked up, confused.
“We can’t be in Utah already, can we?”, she asked. Erica and Tommy both shrugged.
“I don’t think so”, Tommy replied. “Maybe there’s something wrong with the bus.” They looked up when they heard laughter, and noticed Stan on his mobile phone.
“Whats up, Stan?”, Erica called to the driver. He was still holding his phone, but was almost hunched over he was laughing so hard. He wiped tears out of his eyes before he straightened and looked at the three band members who were all watching him curiously.
“Well, apparently Jimmy thought it would be a good idea to flush all of Trisha’s tampons down the toilet”, he managed to get out between laughs. Savannah, Tommy and Erica all grinned.
“Oh, it gets better”, Stan laughed. “Well, it seems our Mr Sullivan managed to clog the toilet and the resultant river of shit ran out of the bathroom and along the entire aisle of the bus.” Savannah, Tommy and Erica all looked at each other for a moment before they all broke out into peels of laughter. There was a sudden banging on the door of the bus, and Stan moved over to answer it.

Trisha came barrelling inside, still holding her nose.
“Oh my fucking god, thank God I’m out of there”, she screeched. “I didn’t think five guys could shit so much in three hours! It smells like a fucking latrine in there!”
“What’s gonna happen now?”, Erica asked.
“They’ve gotta take the bus to get the plumbing unclogged and clean up all the shit, and we gotta ride with you guys until we get to Utah.”

Savannah had been laughing at the misfortune of the guys and their bus, but at Trisha’s words she froze when she realized that she would have to most of the night cooped up on a bus with another six people, who happened to include Zacky. Trisha noticed the look on Savannah’s face and moved to sit beside Savannah on the couch.
“I know this is gonna be hard, Vannah”, she sighed. “But at least it’s only for a few hours and we can try to keep him in the back room or something.”
“Oh damn, I can see myself really putting his head into the oven you know.” Trisha smirked and ran a hand through her black hair, her actions making the sleeve of her long sleeve top roll down to show her colourful tattooed sleeve.
“We could always leave him on the stinky bus”, Erica interjected with an evil smirk.

The girls were interrupted when five very disgruntled rock stars clambered onto the bus. Brian was busy slapping Jimmy as they came up the steps.
“This is all your fault, you fucking string bean”, he was snapping at Jimmy. Jimmy just shrugged helplessly.
“I didn’t know they were gonna clog!”, Jimmy screeched in self defence. “I’ve never seen a toilet erupt like that before.”
“It was like running from a flow of lava”, Matt pouted. “And you made me get killed!”, he snarled. Savannah, Erica and Trisha all smirked at Matt’s pouting expression. Obvously, someone was a little peeved about his Call of Duty game. Savannah’s eyes strayed to Zacky at the exact moment that he looked up and their eyes briefly met before Zacky looked away. For a moment, Zacky’s eyes had reflected hurt and Savannah felt her anger flare. She couldn’t understand why Zacky was acting like the wounded party, and her eyes narrowed when he stalked past her, deliberately brushing her shoulder.
“Watch were the fuck you walk”, she snarled. He turned to look at her, with his eyes hard.
“Don’t stand in the fucking way, then”, he snapped back at her.
“Hey, cut it out you two”, Tommy snarled, however he was looking at Zacky as he spoke. Zacky just grunted, before stomping to the back of the bus.

“What the fuck is his problem?’, Savannah snapped as she sat back down on the couch. Trisha was looking down the narrow aisle of the bus as the door to the rear recreation area slammed closed.
“If I didn’t know any better, I’d say that he’s reacting like you were the one who hurt him.” Savannah glanced at her in surprise.
“How the fuck could he be thinking that?”, she asked in surprise. “He’s the one who walked out on me.” Trisha shrugged.
“I don’t know, hun”, she replied. “Just calling it like I see it. Something’s sure got his panties into a twist though.”
“I’m just glad that Cheesy Puff isn’t with him”, Matt sighed. “Fuck that woman’s annoying as shit.”

Savannah and Jimmy smirked at each other, remembering the conversation that they had on the night of the tour kick-off party.
“Thank fuck for that”, Johnny sighed. “I wish that Jayde could have taken this week off work.” Jayde was a computer programmer, and she was in the middle of finishing off a large program for a client and had not been able to take the first week of the tour off, but she would be joining the tour for a few weeks once they reached St Paul, Minnesota.
“Hey, doesn’t Jayde’s cousin live in Minnesota?’, Erica asked.
“Yeah”, Johnny replied. “Katie’s gonna come out and see the concert and party with us later.”
“Oh man, that’s gonna be good”, Savannah said with a laugh. “That girl’s a firecracker. You boys are gonna get yourself a cool drinking buddy, but don’t be surprised if she drinks you lot under the table.”
“Fuck that, no woman’s gonna drink me under the table”, Brian replied with a smirk, to which Jimmy and Matt readily agreed.
“So who’s gonna be sleeping where?’, Tommy interjected into the conversation as he reached into the fridge and pulled a few beers out. The boys jumped toward him like vultures and relieved him of the beers.
“Well, we got one spare bunk”, Erica replied. “Plus there’s the couch in here, and the couch in the rear room.”
“I call sharing Savannah’s bunk”, Jimmy screamed out, just as Zacky walked back out of the rear room. His green eyes narrowed and he glared at his band mate, his hands clenching into fists at his side. He then turned abruptly, and stalked back to the rear room and childishly slammed the door shut again.
“I can really see myself killing that sulky piece of shit before we even get anywhere near Utah”, Savannah sighed.
♠ ♠ ♠
A big thank you to becca65 and MaryJane_2013 for the comments :-)

Thanks to everyone who's reading and who has subscribed. I'm picking up a few subscribers per chapter which I'm absolutely stoked about.

I'm open for suggestions about what readers want to see as I don't have any pre-written chapters at the moment. There's still gonna be plenty of angsty Savannah and Zacky moments though :-)

So who thinks there's gonna be carnage with ten people sharing the same bus? :p