Status: Active. Updated about once a week

Shattered By Broken Dreams

Chapter 14

As she was feeling quite tired due to their early morning start, Savannah retired to her bunk about an hour after the buses had left Duchesne. She had changed into her pyjamas and snuggled up underneath the blankets to read her book. Her eyelids had begun to get heavier and heavier and before long she was out like a light.

It felt like she had only been sleeping for a few minutes when she felt a hand shaking her shoulder and she mumbled drowsily before gradually opening her eyes and squinting at Erica who was leaning over her bunk.
“What is it?”, she mumbled sleepily.
“We’re at the rest stop”, Erica responded. “Do you want anything to eat?”
“Not really hungry”, Savannah mumbled, still half asleep. “Just get me a snack cake or something for later.”

She drifted off to sleep again and when she next awoke feeling more refreshed, she glanced at her watch and saw that it was 6.30am and she’d had about eight hours of sleep. Knowing that she had slept long enough, and despite it being so early in the morning, Savannah hopped out of her bunk, and stopping only to grab a change of clothes and her toiletries bag, she shuffled into the bathroom.

After showering and changing clothes, and stashing her pyjamas back on her bunk she ambled toward the living area of the bus. The bus was eerily quiet and she surmised that her band mates were still asleep. She was surprised, however, to see Kyle sitting on the couch watching TV at a muted level and eating a bowl of cereal.
“Morning”, he smiled at her as she wandered into the room.
“What are you doing up so early?”, she asked him, opening the snack cake she found on the bench.
“Had to wake up early to pee and couldn’t get back to sleep”, Kyle responded.
“Where are we?”, Savannah asked as she bit off a portion of the snack cake and turned on the kettle to make a coffee. Kyle took a moment to study the GPS on his mobile phone.
“We’re about two hours out of Denver, and got about six hours to go. We’ll get to the venue about 2.30 or thereabouts and can set up shit and we’ve got a few hours to kill before the show.”
“Cool”, Savannah responded as she set about making herself a cup of coffee. She hadn’t been paying too much attention to what Kyle had been doing when she walked out, however when she sat out the couch and looked up at the TV she couldn’t help but giggle.
“You’re sitting out here on your own watching Scooby Doo?”, she laughed at Kyle. Kyle shrugged.
“Hey, I like Scooby Doo. Don’t be knocking the Doo”, he huffed at her with a smirk.
“As long as it doesn’t have Scrappy Doo in it”, Tommy announced as he wandered into the living room. He hadn’t done his hair yet and it was sticking out in different directions.
“What’s with the Synyster Gates look this morning?”, Savannah asked him with a smirk. He glanced at her, flipped her off, then made himself a coffee.
“Either that or its sex hair”, Kyle responded. Tommy rolled his eyes.
“Unless he smuggled Lee onboard and she didn’t try to kill him first, I don’t think that’s likely”, Savannah replied. Tommy looked highly offended.
“Well, he tried to put the moves on her a bit back at the last stop. He didn’t get too far, but he didn’t get killed, so it’s kinda promising.”
“Shut up”, Tommy muttered.

Tommy was saved from Savannah’s retort when her cell phone chimed that she had a text message.
“Damn, why the hell is everyone up so early”, she commented as she accessed her messages. Her eyes widened slightly when she read the message.
“What’s up?”, Tommy asked her. Savannah stared at her phone’s screen for a moment before she glanced up at him.
“It’s from Jimmy”, she replied. “He’s just told me that something happened between my Dad and Zacky that day in the hospital. Apparently my Dad told Zacky that I wanted to break up with him. Jimmy think there’s something else, but he doesn’t know what.”
“Well, we did see your Dad and Zacky arguing a bit but we couldn’t hear what they were saying”, Kyle said as he glanced away from the TV screen. Savannah was silent for a moment.
“He’s added that he thinks that whatever my father said or did is why Zacky left.” Her eyes were troubled as she thanked Jimmy for his message and told him that she would see him when they arrived at the venue.

Putting her phone back in her pocket, she reclined against the rear of the couch and cradled her coffee mug in her hands. She was intensely worried that her father may have had something to do with Zacky leaving, however she couldn’t shake the niggling doubt that Zacky was lying. It had been no secret whilst they were teenagers that her father had thought that she could do a lot better than “that Baker boy”, and he had been quite vocal about it. Both Savannah and Zacky had been quite used to it and hadn’t let it phase them. As much as she racked her brains, she couldn’t seem to think of anything else that her father may have said that could cause Zacky to leave. She wondered why he would lie to Jimmy, as the two were incredibly close, but he had been holding his reasons inside for ten years and even if had had just decided that he didn’t want to be with her any more, he probably wouldn’t come out and say that to Jimmy’s face. Due to the closeness that she shared with Jimmy, Zacky may have thought that if he told the truth he would get his face re-arranged. She sighed. All of this conjecture was not going to get her anywhere. Her phone beeped again and she opened it to see a video message from Jimmy. When she opened it a startled laugh left her lips.
“Holy crap”, she wheezed between giggles. Both Tommy and Kyle looked at her with matching “well out with it” expressions.
“Trisha’s teaching Johnny how to do the Nutbush”, Savannah laughed. Tommy and Kyle leaped toward her and watched the video.
“Damn, that kid sure can’t dance”, Kyle snorted. “For a bass player, he’s go no rhythm whatsoever!”
“Apparently, he’s pouting now because that’s what all the guys have been telling him”, Savannah laughed as she read the next text message from Jimmy. She forwarded the video message to Jayde and laughed at the response she received moments later which simply read “he’s just lucky I love the guy lol” Her phone rang moments later and she laughed when she answered.
“He’d better have more rhythm than that in bed, my girl”, she snorted.
“Oh please”, Jayde snorted. “He knows his ways around the bedroom, but I don’t think I’ll be taking him dancing soon!”
“That’s for damn sure, my lovely. When do you get out to Minnesota?”
“I’m heading out the day before the concert and flying in”, Jayde responded. “My cousin and her friend Shannon are picking me up from the airport and we’re going to meet you guys at the venue.”
“Cool, looking forward to seeing Katie again”, Savannah said with a smile. The last time Katie had come to Huntington Beach for a family reunion she had met up with the girls at a bar just out of town. Slightly younger than Savannah and a year older than Jayde, Katie was an easy going girl with long black hair with deep purple streaks. She was a bit of tomboy and nearly managed to drink the girls under the table. Whilst Savannah didn’t drink overly much, as she almost always found herself as the designated driver, she had laughed at Jayde and Katie standing on a table in the middle of the bar belting out “Hot Stuff” by Donna Summer. She mentally filed the song away as, with a smirk, she could picture it being ideal for their song challenge. She bit back a giggle as she pictured Matt dancing around on stage to the disco classic.
“What are you smirking at?”, Kyle asked, breaking into her thoughts. Savannah relayed her thoughts to Jayde, who laughed out loud.
“Oh my god, that’s perfect”, Jayde sputtered. Kyle and Tommy high-fived in the background, obviously pleased that Savannah’s devious mind was working so early in the morning.

After saying goodbye to Jayde, Savannah, Tommy and Kyle lounged on the couch and watched Scooby Doo. They were all content to be quiet and watch the show. Savannah was lost in her own thoughts somewhat, although Kyle and Tommy knew not to press her and that she would tell them what was on her mind when she felt like talking.
♠ ♠ ♠
A huge thank you to the following lovelies for their comments on the last chapter:

mistery gurl
MaryJane_2013
fiction;
mosher123
Jennifer Vee
Syn Gates
XxThatGirlxX
SevenfoldGirl
amodernmyth88

Yes, there is definitely something that Zacky is hiding that he didn't want to tell Jimmy. Some of you picked up on what it may be, but it won't be coming out for a little while yet as it's gonna set off a hell of a showdown :-)

This chapter's a bit of a filler whilst they're on the bus going to the first venue but next chapter is going to be the first concert.

A big welcome to all my new subscribers and readers. I'm happy that you added my story and I hope you're liking it so far. I appreciate every one who takes the time to comment and adds my story. It certainly puts a huge smile on my face.

I found this absolutely adorable pic of Johnny. How could you ever say no to this face :-)

Image