Status: Active. Updated about once a week

Shattered By Broken Dreams

Chapter 2

The next morning, Savannah was awoken when her bed began to shake. Groaning, she threw an arm over her face.
“Whatthefuckisgoingon?”, she mumbled before she tiredly opened her eyes to see a grinning Erica bouncing on her bed like a demented monkey.
“Video shoot day!”, Erica squealed. “Come on, already!” Savannah gave her the finger and tried to snuggle back underneath the covers, however Erica grabbed the covers off the bed and dragged them off.
“Bitch!”, Savannah moaned as the cool morning air ghosted over her body. Clad in only a pair of pyjama pants and a singlet she shivered as she sat up.
“Alright, I’m up”, she sighed.
“You’re not up unless you’re standing”, Erica exclaimed, and proceeded to pull Savannah from the bed. “Come on, we need to get ready.”

With a sigh, Savannah trudged into her bathroom and shuffled tiredly into the shower. Why the hell was Erica here so early? They had hours to get ready. The hot water of the shower gradually woke her up, and when she emerged back into her bedroom wrapped in her towel, and drying her hair with a second towel she glanced at Erica who was busying laying out an outfit on her bed. Whilst she was not as flamboyant or as rambunctious as the rest of her band members, she had been almost dreading the outfit that she would most likely to have to wear. She was pleasantly surprised, however, to see that Erica had selected her a pair of black skinny jeans, a Misfits t-shirt, two belts, and a pair of black Doc Martens.
“That wasn’t what I was expecting”, Savannah admitted as she looked at Erica with a smile.
“I know sweetie”, Erica said with a laugh. “But we need you to be “you”, and if we tried to put you into something you’re not comfortable in it would show on the video and you’d look awkward as fuck.”
“So you just don’t want me to look awkward and fuck up the video, huh?”, Savannah asked with a smirk. Erica merely rolled her eyes, before she took her bag and walked into Savannah’s bathroom to change.

Savannah pulled on her outfit whilst Erica was changing in the bathroom, and she smiled when her friend emerged wearing a pair of black bondage pants with assorted straps, a black netting top with cut-out shoulders and net sleeves, and black Doc Marten boots.
“What do you think?”, Erica asked, pirouetting.
“Nice”, Savannah commented. “Not as out there as I would have picked for you but you look good.”
“What are we doing for make-up”, Savannah asked as the girls walked downstairs to the Kincaid’s kitchen.
“They’ve got make-up artists on set”, Erica replied as Savannah poured both of them a bowl of Lucky Charms.
“What’s the deal with the shoot anyway?’, Savannah asked. “Has anyone told you about what we’re going to be doing?”
“Part of it’s riding motorbikes along PCH and we’re going to Santa Cruz to shoot on the boardwalk.”
“Cool, so we’re going a bit Lost Boys”, Savannah said with a smile.

**********************

A few hours later, Savannah was standing beside Erica holding her bass guitar whilst the make-up artist touched up her make-up. They were performing a mock show on the stage that overlooked the beach on the boardwalk at Santa Cruz. Some locals had been dragged in as extras, and Savannah was excited as it felt like they were playing a real live gig and all of the screaming teenagers around them were actually fans of the band. What she wouldn’t give for this to be real, and for this to be an actual concert that Crimson Sins were playing. She could only hope that the video and their album did well, and maybe both she and Zacky would be able to take their music to a wider audience.

Once the concert scenes had been completed, the band walked over to where the motorbikes had been parked. The Director advised them that they were going to ride out of the boardwalk and along PCH to the main part of town. Savannah looked at the sleek black and red Triumph she would be riding and felt herself drool slightly. She was used to riding bikes, as both she and her older brother Ryan had dirt bikes growing up. Her parents hadn’t been keen on letting her ride, however both she and Ryan had pleaded to be allowed to ride together and their parents had eventually caved in and bought both of them small dirt bikes.

She shrugged into the black leather jacket that she was handed by the Director, and pulled on the black helmet. She quickly adjusted the chin strap and pulled on the black and red leather gloves. She wasn’t too keen on riding without full leathers, but she figured that they were only going a little way down the road before they stopped for the next scenes.

She swung her leg over the saddle and settled into the seat with a sigh. Damn, this sure felt good. The engine rumbling to life underneath her felt exhilarating and she gave an excited thumbs up to Erica who was sitting on a black and purple version of her bike.

After a few minutes whilst everyone had selected their bikes, and got themselves ready, the four bikes had peeled off onto PCH, and with one camera truck in front, one behind and the Director following behind in her car the group headed into town.

**********************

The group had only been riding for a few minutes, and Savannah was just enjoying the feeling of the powerful bike she was sitting on. The camera man on the back of the tray truck motioned for her to move toward, and she moved to the head of the small column of bikes as they rounded a bend in the road. She was vaguely aware of a shout from ahead of her, which she couldn’t quite make out over the roar of the engine and the wind racing past her helmet. She glanced up and her eyes widened with alarm when she noticed a SUV taking a corner in the opposite direction. The driver was far too far over the centre line. The driver over-corrected when he noticed the bikes and the front of the SUV was suddenly spinning directly toward her.

Savannah quickly turned the handle bars to the right to get out of his way, however the SUV was moving too quickly and with a sickening crunch the front grille of the SUV hit her left side and she felt pain explode down her side before she and the bike were pushed over sideways in front of the SUV which proceed to push them along the ground until they came to a stop about 10 metres up the road. Savannah groaned in pain as she attempted to pull herself away from the bike. She felt a lightning hot streak of pain shoot along her spine, then felt a tingle along both her legs before her body appeared to go numb. She tried to move her arm but felt further pain shooting along her arm before she succumbed to blackness.

*********************

Zacky was in the isobooth of their studio recording back up vocals when Brian came running in, his eyes wide.
“What the hell’s up with you?”, Zacky asked, removing his head phones.
“Video shoot…..accident”, was all Brian managed to spit out.
“What?”, Zacky asked, feeling a pin prick of dread running along his spine. “What’s happened?”
“Motorbikes….accident”, Brian sputtered. “Savannah’s hurt!” Zacky quickly ran out of the booth, and saw that Jimmy and Matt were both standing there distressed.
“She’s hurt bad, man”, Matt said, placing his hand on Zacky’s shoulder. “We gotta get to the hospital like now.”
♠ ♠ ♠
re-submitted as Mibba lost three chapters. Thank god I save shit lol