Status: Active. Updated about once a week

Shattered By Broken Dreams

Chapter 21

When the groups converged in the foyer of the hotel, Savannah did her best not to notice Zacky, who was wearing rolled up jeans, a short sleeved white shirt opened at the collar to show the top of his deathbat tattoo, and a black vest. His hair had been spiked a little and his bangs were hanging over one eye.
“Damn, he looks good doesn’t he?” Lee commented from her right. She glanced at her and grimaced. She didn’t need him to look good, not with all of the crazy emotions crashing through her brain. “Sorry love,” Lee added. Savannah shrugged it off, and her glance drifted over to Jimmy who was wearing black jeans, a dark grey dress shirt and a suit vest.
“Damn boy, who are you trying to impress?” Jayde smirked at him. Jimmy grinned at her, and motioned slightly with his head toward Katie. The girls shared knowing glances, and Shannen giggled as she playfully nudged Katie in the ribs with her elbow.
“Hey now, Matt’s drooling over you again.” Katie glanced over at Matt, who had indeed been eyeing her up and down. He noticed her gaze shift to him, and his cheeks coloured slightly before he grinned, making his dimples pop out.
“Okay, so where are we going?” Trisha asked as she walked over to stand beside Brian. He looped his arm over her shoulder and pressed a kiss to the side of her head.
“I want to go to Ihop!” Jimmy shrieked. Everyone winced at the volume, and Jayde shook her head sadly.
“Jimmy, we’re supposed to be having a nice dinner, not shovelling pancakes.” Jimmy frowned at her.
“But I want pancaaaaakes,” he moaned. Matt slapped him on the back of the head.
“He’s being mean to me,” Jimmy moaned to Katie and gave her puppy dog eyes. She put her arm around him, and he leaned against her.
“We’re going to Mancini’s Char House,” Jason informed everybody, as he consulted the little tourist map in his hand. “I asked around some people and it’s supposedly pretty good. It’s a steak house I think.”
“Ooh, I could really go a steak,” Matt smiled. “Though I’d prefer….”
“Yeah, we know. Tacos,” Trisha smirked at him.

Jason called a couple of local cabs and a few minutes later, the group wandered outside. By some fluke of luck, or conspiring on the part of everyone else in the party, Savannah found herself sitting in between Zacky and Matt Berry in the back seat of one of the cabs. She fidgeted nervously feeling Zacky’s thigh pressed up against her and she squirmed uncomfortably. Her squirming appeared to agitate Zacky, as his hands, which were resting on his thighs curled slightly as if he was trying to keep control. She glanced at him, and was surprised to see his eyes closed and his mouth slightly open. What the hell was wrong with him? She squirmed again, and his eyes snapped open and she gasped a little at the lust she saw burning in his eyes. She made the mistake of glancing down and saw that her squirming had continually pressed herself up against him, and she noticed that he was shifting uncomfortably due to the large bulge evident in his jeans. Shocked, she leaned over toward Matt who glanced at her curiously.
“What the hell is up with you?” Matt asked her. “You’re squirming like you got fleas or something.”
“I have not got fleas!” Savannah huffed at him. Desperate to alleviate the tension, she struck up a conversation with Matt about Jason and Erica.
“Oh man, I would never have thought in a million years that those two would get it on,” Matt laughed. “He’s always been kinda attracted to her, but still it’s weird to see him all googly eyed over her.”
“So it’s not just a one time tour thing, then?” Savannah asked him. He shrugged.
“I don’t know, I just know that he’s pretty into her. Anyone who can hold his attention span for more than a few minutes must be pretty damn special.”

The ten minute drive to the restaurant was then spent in silence. Sebastian, who was sitting up front with the driver glanced at Savannah a few times to make sure that she was alright. She had pressed herself closer to Matt, and Sebastian saw the slightly hurt expression on Zacky’s face as he leaned against the door of the cab.

As soon as Matt had exited the cab once they pulled up outside Mancini’s, Savannah scrambled out and hurried over to where Erica and Trisha were standing with Jason and Brian.
“Oh my god, how could you leave me stuck in there with him?” she whispered furiously to Erica.
“You got here in one piece, didn’t you?” Brian asked with a roll of his eyes. “There’s still a lot more of this tour to go, and the more you guys are together the more you can sort some of the shit from the past out and both move on.”
“We have moved on,” Savannah muttered, and glared a little as Erica, Trisha and Brian all rolled their eyes at her.
“Neither of you have moved on properly,” Brian stated. “He’d never want to admit it but he still….”
“He still what?” Zacky asked, coming to stand behind them. He had come up so close behind them that Savannah could feel his hot breath brush down the back of her neck and she shuddered. She had to fight these feelings down, as best as she could.
“He’s still just Jason,” Brian quickly said. “We were just talking about Erica and Jason hooking up.”

Once the group of seventeen wandered into the restaurant, and were shown to the two tables that had been reserved for them, Savannah waited a moment to see where Zacky would be sitting before she hurriedly selected a place at the adjoining table. Erica, who had sat beside her with Jason on her right, glanced at her and rolled her eyes.
“Avoiding him is not going to help with easing the tension, baby girl,” she whispered.
“I know, but I just don’t know if I can face sitting at the same table as him after what happened last night.”
“Vannnah, it’s not like we’re expecting you to fuck him on the table,” Kyle interjected from her left. “You two just need to be civil with each other.” She glanced at him, and sighed. Kyle never really spoke much, however when he did have something to say everyone took notice. He rested his head on his hand as he glanced at her.
“Its going to create a lot more tension if you two are still freezing each other out,” Kyle added. Savannah placed her hands in her lap and wringed them together.
“I know,” she admitted in a small voice. “It’s one of the reasons why I was so hesitant to come on this tour. I can’t just turn off my feelings of betrayal at what he did.”
“Yeah, but from what we’ve learned so far, there sounds like there’s a hell of a lot more to it,” Erica stated.

Savannah felt herself starting to relax slightly as they ordered their drinks, and perused the menu. Savannah ordered the sirloin steak with vegetables and fries, whilst Erica opted for the grilled chicken breast with the house salad. Kyle, who had a deep love of all things meat related, ordered the 8 ounce sirloin steak with a 9 ounce lobster tail, vegetables and fries. Savannah glanced at the slightly built drummer, with her eyebrows raised.
“And where the hell are you hoping to put all that?” He grinned at her and patted his flat stomach.
“I got plenty of room,” he grinned.

The waitress approached their table, and Savannah and Erica rolled their eyes at each other as they saw her trying to adjust her shirt so that more of her breasts were visible. She approached the other table first, and they watched with interest as she leaned over Zacky and Matt to take their orders, whilst also trying to shake her breasts in their faces. Katie, who was sitting beside Jimmy, jumped slightly and everyone glanced at her curiously. Savannah looked at Jimmy and giggled quietly to herself when she noticed that Jimmy had placed his hand on Katie’s thigh, which had made her jump and squeak. The waitress’ eyes narrowed slightly as Shannen inched closer to Matt and he casually placed his arm over her shoulder.
“What would you like to eat, babe?” he asked her. The waitress huffed and tried to lean over Matt who ignored her. She then tried to lean over Zacky and brushed her arm against him. Savannah felt her eyes narrow, and she sighed as she realized that she was feeling jealous of the other woman trying to get Zacky’s attention. Katie glanced up and glared at the waitress.
“Oh for fuck’s sake, woman! Could you act more like a slut? They’re taken.” The waitress’ eyes widened and a flush darkened her skin. Kyle, who had taken a sip of his beer, snorted and tried not to spit it out over the table. The waitress flounced around the table, taking everyone’s orders.
“Damn woman stop getting your panties in a bunch,” Lee called out. “Get over the fact that they’re hot rock stars and do your fucking job without all the dramatics.”
“Oh man, I can so see her spitting in our food,” Jason groaned. Brian quietly got up and walked over to the maitre ‘d and spoke quietly with him. The man glanced over and his eyes narrowed as he saw the waitress again trying to brush up against Zacky. He approached the table, with Brian on his heels.
“Brandee, I’d like to have a word with you,” he bit out. She glanced up, startled to see the maitre ‘d standing beside her.
“Stop trying to flirt with the customers. You’re normally good at your job, and we don’t want to have to let you go because you can’t control yourself. Go and work another table, and I’ll get Patricia to take over here.” Brandee stormed off, and Zacky seemed to release a sigh of relief. Their new waitress approached, and she gave them all a welcoming smile, before she proceeded to finish taking their orders.

After their food had been delivered to the table, and everyone was happily eating and chatting, Savannah felt herself start to relax a little more. She kept up a steady stream of conversation with the others at her table which, besides Erica, Jason and Kyle consisted of Sebastian, Matt Berry, Tommy and Lee.
“Hey, where’s Mike?” Erica asked suddenly, suddenly noticing that their other roadie was absent.
“He’s got family in St Paul so he went to have a family dinner with them,” Kyle responded around a mouthful of lobster.

There was a slight commotion near the entrance to the restaurant and the group glanced over quickly, wondering what was happening. The orange skinned woman storming toward Zacky made them all suck in a breath. Zacky looked up, and his groan was audible to everyone at both tables.
“How could you dump me over the phone?” she shrieked as she reached the table and began hitting Zacky. He stood up and angrily pushed her away.
“Maybe because you just expected to steal my credit cards and use them to buy whatever the fuck you wanted, instead of paying for it yourself,” he snapped at Gena. “I had my doubts about you for a long time, and you proved me fucking right. You don’t want me Gena, you just want my fucking money.” Gena started to cry, and Savannah’s hands curled into fists as she noticed the gleam of anger on Gena’s face and her horrible attempt at crying.
“Save the crocodile tears, honey,” Jayde said, glancing up at Gena. “We all know you, and you’ve been doing this to Zacky for a long time. Enough’s enough, and he damn well deserves better than you.”
“How the hell did she even find us?” Kyle asked Savannah. Savannah shrugged.
“Don’t know, she must have a credit card radar.”

The other diners in the restaurant were all staring at their tables, with eyes wide. The maitre ‘d approached and gripped Gena’s arm.
“This isn’t over!” Gena snapped.
“Yes it fucking well is!” Zacky snapped back.
“You’ve been cheating on me!” Gena shrieked, trying to garner sympathy from the patrons in the room.
“No, my bank account has never cheated on you, because that’s all you want me for,” Zacky said. The hurt in his eyes was visible, and Savannah felt a vice clench around her heart. She had mixed feelings when it came to Zacky, but she couldn’t stand to see that he had been hurt by a woman who loved his money more than she loved him. She would never do that to him… She pulled herself up short, and with a groan she glanced at Erica who eyed her curiously. They watched with non-compassionate eyes as the maitre ‘d literally had to drag Gena away from the table.
“What was that look about?” Erica asked her after a moment.
“I think, I think I’m still in love with him,” Savannah stammered, her eyes wide.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ooh, what's Savannah going to do now that she realizes that she's never gotten over Zacky? And how is Zacky going to get rid of that leech, Gena??? We haven't seen the last of her.....

A huge thank you to the following subscribers for their comments on the last chapter:

mosher123
amodernmyth88
Music.DrownLife
darkbunny96

Your continued support means the world, and I'm so happy that I've got 98 subscribers. Whooo hooo I've nearly cracked the century :-)

Thank you to everyone who's reading this, even the silent readers. I know not everyone comments, but it's still satisfying to see the subscriber list going up :-)

This picture shows the outfits that Zacky and Jimmy are wearing:

Image