Status: Active. Updated about once a week

Shattered By Broken Dreams

Chapter 22

The rest of the dinner passed uneventfully, however Savannah was subdued, as if her realization that she still loved Zacky, even after all this time, was a failure on her part to move on properly. Sensing her obvious disquiet, Kyle and Erica didn’t press her and made general small talk. As she had her back facing the other table, she couldn’t see Zacky however she could feel his eyes on her which made her more uncomfortable. She knew enough to realize that had was still attracted to her, if their drunken sex and the awkward moment in the cab when he had become erect, were true indications of his attraction. She wasn’t sure what she wanted to do about it, however. She knew that she needed time alone to think over everything, and she was thankful that they would be back on the buses tonight and she would be just with her band-mates. She knew that she could speak to Erica, and to an extent Tommy and Kyle, about her dilemma and they wouldn’t judge her, but she just wanted to be alone in her bunk as they travelled to the next venue.

After the dinner ended, and everyone had piled out of the cabs, Savannah had hurriedly entered the hotel and raced up to her room to grab the items that she had taken with her from the bus.
“I know what you’re doing, you know,” Erica stated as she followed Savannah into their room and began to pack up her toiletries from the bathroom.
“I know,” Savannah sighed. “I just don’t want to face it at the moment. I just want to process it all on my own for a bit.” Erica sighed, and gave Savannah a hug as she entered the bathroom to grab her toiletries.
“I’ll be here for you if you want to talk.” Savannah nodded.
“I know, hon and I’m thankful for your support.”

About half an hour later, the three buses had pulled up outside the hotel and everyone piled onto their respective buses. Tommy had wanted to bring Lee onto Crimson Sins’ bus, however she had declined with a regretful smile.
“Maybe later, baby,” Lee had sighed. “I haven’t been with the company long and I want to get to know everyone better.” Jason had Erica pinned to the side of Crimson Sins’ bus, kissing her passionately.
“Damn JB, let the poor girl breathe!” Jimmy sniggered as he wandered past with his bags, hand in hand with Katie. JB shot him the bird without disengaging his lips from Erica’s.

Savannah scampered onto the bus, aware that Zacky was staring at her retreating form with a slightly crestfallen look on his face. He had gone to take a couple of steps in her direction however Brian placed a hand on his arm.
“Just let her be for now,” Brian murmured.

Once everyone was on their respective bus, Savannah decided to join her band-mates in the lounge area. She would mull over her problem with Zacky when she went to bed, however she didn’t want to alienate her close friends. As she entered the lounge area from the sleeping quarters, she caught Tommy telling a joke to the others.
“A Mormon was seated next to an Irishman on a flight from London. After the plane was airborne, drink orders were taken. The Irishman asked for a whiskey, which was promptly brought and placed before him. The flight attendant then asked the Mormon if he would like a drink. He replied in disgust, ‘I'd rather be savagely raped by a dozen whores than let liquor touch my lips.’ The Irishman then handed his drink back to the attendant and said, ‘Me, too, I didn't know we had a choice.’”
Savannah leaned her head against Erica’s shoulder and her friend put an arm around her.
“You doing okay there, babe?” Erica asked her. Savannah nodded.
“Yeah, I think so. I’m going to go to bed soon, and I’ll try to sort out my messed up head.”
“Don’t expect to get everything sorted in one night,” Tommy advised her with a fatherly expression. “You’ve got ten years worth of crap to sort out, and it’s not going to happen overnight.” Savannah sighed.
“I know, but I’ve suppressed so much stuff that I have to start somewhere.” Kyle shifted on the couch to reach his drink which was sitting on the small coffee table, and his jeans rubbed against the leather, making a sound that made everyone stop at look at him.
“Hey, it wasn’t me. It was the couch,” he exclaimed.
“That’s what they all say,” Erica sniggered.
“I did a silent fart in bed once when I used to live with my ex,” Tommy laughed. “After a few seconds, she called out ‘Fucking hell, Tommy, that stinks!’ It must have been bad, because she was downstairs at the time.” Savannah and Erica rolled their eyes at him.
“If you do one of them in here, I’m pushing you out of the bus,” Erica sighed.

Savannah retreated to her bunk about thirty minutes later, and as she lay there idly staring at the bottom of Erica’s bunk, her cell phone beeped. She pulled it out of her pocket and unlocked the screen to open her message.
“Zacky’s moping like a kid that got a Barbie for Christmas,” she read Jimmy’s text. “I think he feels left out because we’ve all got girls on the bus.”
“Well, he’s got his hand,” Savannah texted back.
“I don’t think it’s his hand he wants on his cock,” Jimmy texted back.
“Jimmy, that is not what I wanted to read!”
“Just teasing you, hon. Sweet dreams.”
“I love you too, asshole :p.”

She had been asleep for a while, dreaming of random things including Zacky, when she felt her phone buzzing underneath her arm. She opened her eyes, blinking myopically, and pulled out her phone. The bus was quiet, apart from the steady hum of the engine, and she could hear Tommy softly snoring in his bunk across from her. She blearily glanced at the time on her phone and frowned when she saw it was 3am.
“What the hell,” she muttered to herself. She opened the message and frowned at the unfamiliar phone number.
“Stay away from my man.” Frowning, she looked at the message again. Was it a wrong number, or had Gena somehow learnt about what had happened between herself and Zacky and felt that she was the cause of her loss of stolen income. Feeling uneasy, Savannah locked her screen and rolled over onto her side.
♠ ♠ ♠
A big big thank you to the following lovelies for their comments on the last chapter.

fiction;
mosher123
amodernmyth88
Music.DrownLife
darkbunny96
kristenvengeance

I love you guys for your support :-) WHOOO HOOO I've broken a century of subscribers :-) I'm officially a happy little camper!!!

Had an interesting night last night - went out with my best friend and her new boyfriend, one of his friends and another couple. My best friend was trying to set me up with her boyfriend's mate. Has everyone head of the saying "talking to him/her was like pulling teeth." Well, add trying to pull a tooth with a toothpick and it about sums up this guy. I gave up and started talking to a different guy at the bar lol. Even the guy who was part of the other couple said "this guy's weird" lol. Thanks bestie - I attract weirdos enough on my own without having them sent my way :p