Status: Active. Updated about once a week

Shattered By Broken Dreams

Chapter 24

The band was thankful that no further incidents occurred during the rest of the set, however Savannah was a little bit more subdued than normal. As they finished up playing the last song, Child of Burning Time, Savannah noticed the two policemen standing beside Sebastian off the side of the stage.

After Tommy had thanked the crowd for coming, and got them revved up for Avenged Sevenfold, he joined Savannah, Erica and Kyle in walking off stage. One of the policemen stepped forward.
“I’m afraid that we lost Ms Paulhus in the crowd but we recovered the gun that she dumped in one of the trash cans,” he started off saying, and Savannah groaned, as Erica, Tommy and Kyle gasped. Savannah sighed, as she ran a hand over her face. So crazy old Gena was still out there somewhere, and would no doubt follow them to the next venue. Savannah didn’t know if she had been told about her night with Zacky, but presumed that she had, and with the loss of the money that she coveted so much it had sent her over the edge into Pyscholand.
“We’re going to need to take statements,” the taller of the two policemen was saying, and Savannah held up her hand.
“Can it wait a few minutes? I’m hot and sweaty and we all need a shower. Just follow us to the dressy room. We won’t be long.”

About half an hour later, they were all crammed in the dressing room, along with the guys from Avenged, Mike, Sebastian, Lee, and the Berry’s.
“So start from the beginning,” the taller policeman, who had introduced himself as Senior Constable Collins, began.
“To cut a long story short, Zacky and I,” Savannah said, indicating with a wave of her hand who Zacky was, “dated during high school. We broke up not long after graduation, and haven’t seen each other in ten years. Zacky was going out with Cheesy Puff, um I mean Gena….” The policeman smirked for a moment before he looked back down at his pad.
“After our last show, we all got drunk and Zacky and I woke up in bed together, but I can’t remember what happened. That morning Gena called Zacky, and they got into an argument over the phone whilst we were at the hotel restaurant, and he broke up with her. That night, we went out for dinner, and she showed up and caused a scene. We only saw her again when she turned up looking like Inspector Gadget and tried to shoot me.” Collins turned toward Zacky.

“What caused the break-up?” he asked Zacky, and Zacky ran a hand through his hair.
“She rang me that morning complaining that I’d cancelled my credit cards, and she wanted to go on a shopping spree.” Collins made a mmm hmmm sound as he jotted notes.
“More interested in your money than you?” he asked Zacky.
“Exactly,” Zacky sighed. “So I dumped her, and she turned up and went psycho in the restaurant.
“How would she have found out what restaurant you were all dining at?” Collins asked. Savannah turned to him.
“Ask Mike,” she said coldly. Every set of eyes swung to Mike, who looked like a deer startled in head lights.
“What! You have got to be kidding me, man!” Tommy exclaimed as he jumped up. He and Mike had been friends for a number of years, and he couldn’t believe that his friend would knowingly try to cause so much grief for Savannah.
“Mr….?”, Collins asked. Mike sat their mutely for a moment.
“Mike McGrath,” he eventually muttered.
“Well, Mr McGrath. Did you have involvement with this matter?” Mike sighed heavily, and Tommy felt his hands clenching into fists. Lee placed a hand on his arm. She was glaring at Mike, and he visibly gulped. Lee had grown incredibly fond of Savannah since the start of the tour, and she knew that Tommy had thought of the man as his friend. Somebody who hurt both her lover, and her friend, was going to find himself in a great deal of pain.
“How much did she pay you?” Savannah asked Mike, who flinched.
“Well!!!!?” Tommy snapped. “How much was it worth to try to destroy a friend’s life?” Mike hung his head.
“Eight thousand dollars,” he whispered almost to himself.
“So let me get this straight,” Zacky said, sitting up straighter. “She wanted to pay you eight grand, most likely stolen from my credit cards, to keep an eye on me and tell her my every move. You wasted no time telling her about what happened between me and Vannah, as she turned up at the exact restaurant we were in only hours later.”
“And now she’s out there, plotting gods knows what,” Erica snapped at Mike. “Are you out of your fucking mind?”

After everyone had completed giving their statements, Tommy had blackened Mike’s eyes and he was thrown off the tour. The bands were sitting there, staring at each other, wondering what to do now. Mike had been taken away for further questioning by the police.
“What are we going to do for a drum tech?” Erica asked. “Sebastian can’t do everything on his own.”
“I’ll fill in baby,” Jason told her, giving her a kiss on the cheek. Savannah was sitting on the couch between Trisha and Jayde, with her hands fidgeting on her lap.
“I think I’ll just go back to the bus,” Savannah sighed. “I’m not in much of a party mood.”
“Okay, just let me get my jacket and I’ll walk you out,” Sebastian offered.
“Do you want us to come with you?” Trisha asked her, giving her a quick hug.
“Nah, I’m okay, honey,” Savannah replied. “You two stay and enjoy the show. I’ll just read or something.”

Savannah walked in companionable silence with Sebastian back toward the bus, and she was just unlocking the door of the bus with the pin code when she heard a thud and a muffled groan from behind her. She turned to see Sebastian lying on the ground with blood seeping from the back of his head. She gasped, and seeing something from the corner of her she turned to see Gena standing there with a crow bar.
“That money is mine!!!!” Gena was shrieking at her. Savannah suddenly saw red, as Gena raised the crow bar toward her. It wasn’t in her nature to often lose her temper, however whenever she did Tommy often likened it to a volcano erupting. She leapt toward Gena, knocked the crow bar out of her hands, and grabbed the back of Gena’s head.
“Don’t ever, ever, ever threaten me again, you fucking cunt!” she roared in Gena’s face. She pushed Gena over to the side of the bus and savagely slammed Gena’s face into the side of the bus. “Never, ever ever!” she yelled, slamming Gena’s head against the bus with every word.

Through her haze of rage, she felt hands pulling her back, and she gradually calmed down enough to notice that Tommy was holding her, Erica and Lee were kneeling beside Sebastian who was sitting up groggily, and that one of the paramedics who was working the first aid tent, was examining Gena’s very obvious broken nose and bleeding face.
“Damn girl,” Lee commented as she glanced up from Sebastian. “That was some awesome shit I just saw.”

The sound of sirens interrupted them, and they turned to see Collins and his partner emerging from their marked police car.
“What happened?” Collins sighed. Savannah pointed to Sebastian.
“Sebastian was walking behind me, and I heard a thump and then he groaned. I turned around and Gena was standing there with a crow bar, and she went to hit me with it, and I turned her face into a pulp.”
“A little bit excessive, don’t you think?” Collins asked with a raised eyebrow.
“She shot at me and tried to beat my head in with a crowbar,” Savannah snapped. “Bitch is lucky I didn’t shove the damn thing up her ass.”

Once the paramedic was done checking over Gena, Collins hauled her to her feet rather roughly, pulled her arms back and locked handcuffs in place. Lee had to get back to the merchandise stand, however she hurriedly ran to the dressing rooms first.
“Gena made another appearance,” she gasped as he threw open the door. Everyone gaped at her in horror.
“Oh my god, is Vannah alright?” Zacky shrieked. Lee smirked.
“Vannah beat the living shit out of her!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to the following lovely commenters:

amodernmyth88
Music.DrownLife
darkbunny96
Acrimony

Well, it looks like Gena got quite acquainted with the side of the bus, didn't she? Muahahahaha. Seems our little Savannah can be quite feisty :-)

And bad bad Mike - I had this planned for quite a few chapters. So who picked him as the culprit???