Status: Active. Updated about once a week

Shattered By Broken Dreams

Chapter 25

After the guys had played, they hurried back to the dressing rooms to get changed. Zacky was concerned about what Savannah was feeling after Gena had tried to kill her twice. Lee had managed to get him calm down enough to advise him that Gena was being charged with two counts of attempted murder for her attacks on Savannah, and one charge of assault with a deadly weapon on Sebastian.
“That peroxided bitch is gonna see jail time, and become some lesbian’s bitch!” Lee had exclaimed with a smug smile.
“Where’s Savannah?” Jimmy asked Lee, as he removed his stage make-up with make-up remover wipes.
“She’s on the bus with the others,” Lee replied.

The band decided to forego staying at the venue to meet fans, and hurried back to the buses. They loved their fans, but seeing that Savannah was alright was their foremost priority.

***************

Savannah was relaxing on the couch in the living room area of the bus when a loud knocking emanated from the door of bus. When Stan opened the door he was nearly trampled in the stampede of Avenged Sevenfold as all five of them tried to fit through the door at once.
“Move your fucking fat ass!” Jimmy exclaimed at Zacky as the two were wedged in the doorway. Zacky, who was very nearly face planted into the side of the door, attempted to wriggle free. They were both catapulted forward as Matt and Brian both planted their feet on their backsides and shoved them into the bus. Jimmy and Zacky fell in a sprawling heap at the top of the stairs, and Brian, Matt and Johnny scrambled over their fallen comrades and hurried onto the bus.
“Vannah, are you okay?” Brian asked as he ran over to her. She was still sitting their wide eyed, watching as Zacky and Jimmy picked themselves up from the top of the stairs.
“I’m fine Bri,” she said after a moment as her eyes followed Zacky’s movements. He was brushing himself down and glaring at Jimmy.
“Vannah, my baby!” Jimmy yelled as he ran toward her. Her eyes widened again as Jimmy fell onto her. “I hope Cheesy Puff didn’t hurt you!”
“Get off of me, you lummox,” Savannah sputtered from underneath his lanky frame.
“You’re crushing the poor girl, Jimmers,” came a female voice and Savannah glanced around to see Katie standing there. Savannah gave her pleading eyes, and Katie grinned at the pair of them.
“Get your boyfriend off me!” Savannah pleaded. “I’m gonna get stabbed by one of his bony ribs.”
“I’m not that fucking skinny,” Jimmy whined as he sat back up.
“Jim, you’re built like a tooth pick,” Matt interjected as he leaned against the kitchen cabinet with Shannen and Jayde. The girls had sprinted onto the bus not long after the guys, but without the theatrical entrance. Jimmy glared at Matt, who just raised an eyebrow at him.
“Are you really alright?” Zacky asked her, as he leaned awkwardly against the wall that led to the bunk area. She glanced at him, and noticed that he did look genuinely concerned. She nodded.
“Yeah, I’m fine. She didn’t get to lay a hand on me. I feel so sorry for Sebastian though. He was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.”
“Don’t worry, he’s fine,” Tommy said, from where he sat on the couch with Lee on his lap. “He’s got one hell of a bump on his head, and a bit of a headache, but he didn’t need stitches or anything.”
“So I hear you went all postal on her ass,” Brian said with a smirk. She glanced up at him and smiled ruefully.
“I kind of introduced her face to the bus a few times,” she admitted with a smirk. The guys’ eyes widened, and then Matt’s smiled grew until his dimples popped out.

The guys stayed long enough to ensure that all was indeed well with Savannah, and that she had suffered no lasting effects after he run-ins with Gena. Zacky had hovered over a little, and Savannah had found this very disconcerting. She was still trying to come to terms with realizing that she had never really stopped loving him, and trying to reconcile what had happened ten years previously.

Thankfully, the upcoming shows kept them all busy and they had three shows in three cities coming up on consecutive days which would basically see them confined to the buses when they weren’t playing.

*********************

Four days after the incidents with Gena, the bands returned to Iowa to play a show in Waterloo. They would have a few days off after this show. Savannah was looking forward to having a couple of days off. She was sitting in the dressing room before the show with Kyle whilst she finished doing her make-up. Her mobile phone played the theme song for Cops, and a large smile overtook her features as she picked up the handset.
“Hey Ry,” she greeted her brother.
“Hey sis, I did a little digging like you asked me to, and um, well I’ve had to go to the higher ups.” Savannah nearly dropped her make-up brush, and her eyes widened.
“What? Why?” she sputtered. Kyle stopped drumming on the coffee table and looked up at her with questioning eyes.
“I’ve found out some stuff that’s part of an old cold case investigation. I can’t go into much more detail as the whole case has been re-opened.”
“Can you at least tell me if it involves Dad?” Savannah asked. Ryan sighed for a moment before he answered her.
“Yes, but that’s all I can say.” They exchanged normal pleasantries for a few moments, however Savannah’s head was far away. After she ended the call she turned to Kyle.
“What did Ryan say?” Kyle asked her with concern.
“I’m not entirely sure,” Savannah admitted. “I think Dad’s involved with something, and it somehow involves Zacky.”

She was still sitting there puzzling over what Ryan had told her when Tommy and Erica entered the room to advise that they had to be on stage in ten minutes. Shaking away her feeling of impending doom, Savannah hurriedly finished her make-up and made her way to the stage.

She took a few deep breaths, and smiled when Erica hugged her. She felt herself closing off as her stage persona took hold and she took to the stage with a smile.

***************

About half way through the show, Tommy was addressing the crowd casually, half sitting and half standing on one of the risers.
“So who out there likes Dolly Parton?” he asked the crowd, and was rewarded with a slew of “what the fucks?” from the crowd. He laughed into the microphone.
“So who remembers the song challenges that we’re doing on this tour!” he yelled out, and smiled when he noticed that the crowd was catching on.
“So who wants to hear some fucked up Dolly Parton?” he yelled out, and was rewarded with ear splitting shrieks from the crowd. Savannah glanced over toward the side of the stage, and noticed that Avenged, the girls and Sebastian were all standing there with huge smiles.
“Okay, this is a little ditty called Jolene!” Tommy yelled, moments before the band kicked into the song. The crowd started to dance around, and caught onto the lyrics and began singing along. Savannah noticed Matt’s sulky expression and smirked to herself that they had managed to pull it off again. The crowd in the first few rows began to cheer hysterically and she glanced over her shoulder to see the Berry’s prancing onto the stage in blonde wigs and balloons stuffed down their tops.
“Holy fuck!” she exclaimed. Kyle’s drums faltered momentarily as he stared at the abomination on the stage in front of him before he picked up the beat again. Erica was on her knees, trying to keep playing, however tears of laughter were making their way down her face.
“Come on baby, this is for you,” Jason laughed as he danced toward her.

Tommy started to sing the lyrics to Matt, who began to dance around him like a “Scream” dancer. Flashlight bulbs were going off left and right from all of the cameras in the crowd.
“I think Matt’s liking it a little too much, huh?” Tommy yelled into the microphone after the song finished. Matt bowed to the crowd.
“I think Matt’s just discovered a new fetish,” Savannah said into her microphone, and was rewarded when Matt turned to her and pouted. He flipped his blond wig back and marched off the stage.

******************************

About an hour later, the roles were reversed and Savannah was standing side stage watching as Matt addressed the crowd. All of the girls, Tommy, Kyle, Sebastian and the Berry’s were standing with her as Avenged launched into their version of Hot Stuff. The crowd was going insane as Matt belted out the lyrics to the disco classic. All of the girls burst into astonished laughter during the chorus, as they noticed that Brian and Zacky were doing pelvic thrusts in time with Matt singing the line “Hot stuff”.
“I think the front row’s about to faint,” Tommy laughed, as he pointed to the hysterical girls who were watching the pelvic thrusts with wide open eyes. Savannah noticed that Zacky was eyeing her as he was making some of his pelvic thrusts and her eyes widened,
“I think he’s thinking of you,” Erica yelled at her with a smirk.
“He’s lucky his guitar is covering him, as I think he’s sporting one hell of a giant bulge in his pants,” Trisha laughed. Savannah blushed profusely as Zacky continued to eyeball her from the stage. For a moment, a memory flashed across her mind, and she gasped when she pictured Zacky above her, his eyes wide and filled with lust as he plunged into her. Holy shit, was she remembering the night in the hotel room, or was she thinking about what she wanted him to do to her?
♠ ♠ ♠
OK, so who's now picturing Zacky and Brian doing pelvic thrusts????? :p

A big thank you to my lovelies for commenting on the last chapter:

amodernmyth88
Music.DrownLife
AvyD

Here's the version of the songs:

Jolene:


Hot Stuff:


This was the only semi decent cover I could find but just picture the guys playing it a bit louder :-)