Status: Active. Updated about once a week

Shattered By Broken Dreams

Chapter 30

A few hours later, after sitting in the living room with the rest of her band mulling over everything that she had learned that day, Savannah walked out of the bus with the others to go inside the venue. There were quite a few fans milling about just on the other side of the cyclone fencing, craning their necks to see Avenged Sevenfold. A few of the girls were calling out for Tommy, and Lee narrowed her eyes.
“It goes with the territory, hon,” Trisha sighed. “I’ve seen teenage girls that can’t be more than fifteen trying to rip his clothes off in front of me, and then call me a whore just because I’m with him.”
“Gawd, if any of those little sluts do that with Tommy I’ll probably re-arrange their little faces,” Lee growled.
“They try it with Johnny too,” Jayde advised as she came to stand with the girls. “I just grab him and kiss him in front of them. It sends them into a frenzy,” she giggled.
“If I see one of them try anything with Matt I’ll be shoving his mike stand up their ass,” Shannen growled.
“So what’s gonna happen with you and Zacky now?” Trisha asked. Savannah shrugged.

She wasn’t sure what was going to happen now that everything was out in the open, and she knew now that Zacky hadn’t left her willingly. It was a lot to take in, however she knew that her feelings for Zacky had never really gone away. Part of that she assumed was because that they had never had closure, however another part of it was sure that he had been her soul mate, and in some ways she guessed that he still was.
“I don’t know,” she eventually responded. “I’m not the same person I was ten years ago, and going through what I did made me the person I am today.”
“Do you think he’ll want to try again?” Shannen asked her.
“I don’t know. I’ll just have to wait and see I guess,” Savannah replied. A part inside of her jumped at the thought of being with Zacky again, but she knew that it was too soon.
“Don’t rush into anything,” Trisha advised, almost as if she could read Savannah’s thoughts. “Just take it slow and see what happens. At least everything is out in the open now, and you can work on being friends again before you take it any further.”

The girls reached the rear entrance door for the venue and trooped inside. As Savannah walked along, she felt the hairs on the back of her neck standing up and she felt goose bumps erupt along her arms. She turned with wide eyes to notice Zacky standing behind her. She heard rather than saw the others scattering away to leave her alone. She gazed up into his clear green eyes and felt her heart starting to hammer away.
“Um, how you are doing?” Zacky asked her.
“I’m doing okay,” she replied, fiddling with the hem of her shirt. “Just a lot to process, you know?” Zacky nodded.
“Um, I was wondering if you wanted to grab something to eat after the show,” he asked, shuffling his feet and looking like an awkward teenager.
“Yeah, I think it would be good for everyone to go out and relax,” she replied cautiously. She had a feeling that Zacky was awkwardly asking her out on a date, however she didn’t feel comfortable enough to be alone with him right now and she believed that having everyone else would make her more comfortable with being in Zacky’s presence.
“Oh, um,” Zacky replied. Savannah sighed.
“Zacky, I don’t want to rush into anything,” she said, placing her hand on his chest. “We need to get to know each other again as friends, and if everyone else is around it will be more relaxing for me.” Zacky nodded, though his eyes were still a little downcast.
“I’m not saying never,” she added and noticed that Zacky’s eyes lit up a little at her statement. “I just want to make sure that we do this properly.” She sighed before she spoke again. “I also don’t want this to get out before we’re ready.” Zacky looked a little taken aback.
“So you don’t want anyone to know that we’re back together?” She shook her head.
“No, it’s not that,” she sighed with agitation. “My father is still there in Huntington with your mother. I know all of this happened ten years ago, but what if he goes off the deep end again if he thinks we’re together and he goes after your mother again?” Zacky’s eyes widened.
“You don’t think he’ll do that do you?” he asked.
“I don’t know. I thought I knew him, but all of that was shot to hell when I found out what he did and why he did it. The only thing that man cares about is money and status. If he thinks we’re back together and I’m still not going to be a lawyer, he might snap again.”
“We can always keep it a secret,” Zacky said softly.
“We’re on a tour with cameras, reporters and paps everywhere,” Savannah sighed. “I don’t think we can, unless we’re ready to tell the world that we’re back together. Hell, most of your fan base don’t know that we were together back then and I can see most of the psycho little brats coming after me because I got the newly single Zacky and they didn’t.”
“They wouldn’t do that,” Zacky argued.
“Zacky, some of your fan girls are certifiably insane and already have the rings and baby names picked out for you guys.” His eyes widened.
“But their teenagers,” he protested.
“Those teenagers would have you in bed faster than you can Vengeance.”
“Yikes,” Zacky replied. “I’m having mental images I really don’t need now. Come on, let’s get to the dressing rooms.”

Zacky left Savannah at her dressing room, and she sighed at the questioning looks that her band threw at her when she walked inside.
“What did he say?” Erica asked her.
“He asked me out for dinner, but I told him I’d feel more comfortable if everything else was there.” She set her bad down on the couch and began rummaging for her stage costume and make-up. She shrugged out of her t-shirt and slipped into her Misfits shirt.

**********************

Half an hour later saw Crimson Sins take to the stage. Savannah smiled as she saw a lot of banners for her band in the crowd. The more shows they did they were pulling in more and more fans. She sighed when she thought of her father. If he could only see past his own selfishness to realize that Savannah loved her job, and that her band was becoming the success she had always hoped for. Twice now, they had had to send back to Huntington to get more merchandise for the stand. Her mother understood that Savannah was happy, but she was sad that her father was too blinded to see anything that didn’t relate to what he wanted. As Savannah started the first notes for Say You’ll Haunt Me, she shook off her thoughts. She glanced toward the side of the stage and saw Zacky standing their watching her with a huge smile on his face. She didn’t know what would happen between the two of them now but she couldn’t wait to find out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys. Merry Christmas and all that jazz everyone. Hope everyone got lots of loot :-)

A huge thank you to my commenters:

amodernmyth88
LexiWombat
Music.DrownLife
purple89
Synyster Gates
xxGee

And once again, I didn't get a naked Zacky underneath my Christmas tree, so this picture will have to suffice :-)

Image