Status: Active. Updated about once a week

Shattered By Broken Dreams

Chapter 9

The two weeks following the party flew by, and amidst the preparation and packing Savannah had little time to think of Zacky. On the morning of their departure, Savannah’s alarm clock blared at 6.30am and she groped about blindly on her bedside table to shut off the annoying racket. Still burrowed under the covers, her hand patted around on the table trying to hit the snooze button. The alarm clock continued to blare, and Savannah’s head popped out from underneath the covers, her hand grabbed the alarm clock, which soon became airborne, and it crashed into the wall opposite her bed and exploded in a shower of small parts. The alarm clock gave up one last fleeble bleep before it journeyed into silicon heaven.

Savannah burrowed back udnerneath the covers, but was soon jolted out of her warm and fuzzy feeling when the blankets were ripped off her bed. Her feet were grabbed and she was pulled off the mattress and onto the floor. She opened her eyes and glared at Tommy, who smirked at her.
“Time to rise and shine, princess.”
“You’re lucky I wasn’t sleeping naked, you douche”, she grumbled as she slowly pulled herself to her feet. Tommy eyed her Sylvester and Tweety pyjamas with a smirk.
“Nice outfit, Vannah”, he said with his eyes twinkling. “You got fuzzy slippers to go with that ensemble as well?”
“Oh fucking bite me, it’s too early”, Savannah retorted as she shuffled into the bathroom. “And get out of my room. Who the hell let you in anwyay?”
“Erica”, he replied with a laugh. Everything was quiet for a moment before she heard a snigger.
“Get out of my underwear drawer you perve!”, Savannah yelled from the bathroom. Tommy’s laughter told her she had got it spot on, and she glanced back into her bedroom to see Tommy throwing his hands up with a slight red flush to his cheeks.
“Fucking imbecile”, she muttered to herself before she undressed and climbed into the shower.

The hot water of the shower invigorated Savannah and chased away the last tendrils of her inertia. She quickly washed her hair and body and hopped back out of the shower. When she emerged back out into her bedroom clad in her underwear, Erica was sitting on her bed.
“You ready for this, hun?”, Erica asked her.
“As ready as I’ll ever be”, Savannah responded. She quickly donned a pair of black cargo pants and a Misfits t-shirt, and slipped into her battered Vans. Today was mostly going to be spent travelling on the bus to the first venue which was in Sioux City, Iowa and she wanted to comfortable. She was thankful that Warner Bros were springing for two buses for each band, plus a third bus for the crew and all of their equipment. Savannah didn’t think she would be able to stay on a bus with Zacky for the 24 hours it would take to get to Iowa without trying to put his head into the oven. When she relayed this to Erica, a grin had broken out on her friend’s face.
“Now, no killing the rhythm guitarist there, hon. Warner Bros won’t be too pleased if we get to Iowa with a dead guitarist.”

Savannah quickly fixed her hair and make-up and she and Erica grabbed their bags and stumbled out from Savannah’s bedroom and into the living area where Tommy and Kyle were waiting. Savannah had bought the apartment with some of the compensation money she had received after her accident. The apartment had four bedrooms, however she had converted the 4th bedroom into a study with a pull out sofa and had made up the other two rooms as guest bedrooms for when various band members crashed over. Her band members had all stayed over the previous night so that their bus could pick them up from one location.

Her foot was tapping nervously as she sat on the couch, and it seemed like hours later, but was in reality only about 20 minutes when she heard vehicles and realized that the buses had pulled up outside. When a last sigh, she picked up her bags and wandered outside. She took her time locking the door, before she turned around and took at the sight of the three large buses standing outside in the street. Avenged Sevenfold’s bus was the first in line. It was a silver bus with blacked out windows, whilst the bus that Crimson Sins would be using was a black bus with a large cream and burgundy swirl on the side. The crew bus, which was also pulling along a white trailer, was also all silver but considerably shorter in length than the group buses.

Matt, Brian and Trisha had hopped out of the Avenged bus, and were helping everyone load their bags onto Crimson Sins’ bus. Savannah claimed one of the bottom bunks, and stashed her make-up, laptop and a few books onto the small shelf. Matt crammed her suitcase into the luggage closet and turned around to give her a quick hug.
“We’re stopping at a truck stop in Utah to rest for a bit so see you then kiddo”, he murmured into her hair. Trisha, who was coming on the first three weeks of the tour with Brian, gave Savannah and Erica a hug.
“See you in Utah ladies”, she said with a large smile before she hopped off the bus and skipped back over to the Avenged bus.

Once everyone had claimed a bunk and got their belongings settled, their driver, a thickset middle aged man named Stan, had started the bus and they pulled out in a convoy. Savannah watched the familiar streets of home flashing past the bus windows from her perch on the couch in the living area. She was excited and nervous at the same time. This would be her first time playing in front of large crowds, and she had to admit to herself that she was extremely nervous. Not to mention the fact that Zacky would also be there. Just what had she gotten herself into with agreeing to go on this tour?
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry if there's any spelling mistakes/typos - my word spellcheck decided to spazz out

A huge thank you to my lovely commenters:

mistery gurl
mosher123
becca65
trishahhh
darkbunny96
Syn Gates

The tattooed beefcake has now been claimed and the new character will show up in the next few chapters.

Thanks to everyone who has subscribed!. It makes my day when people comment and subscribe :-)