You Are My Only One

Not Ready

I waited patiently in the passenger seat of Alex's car, rubbing my gurgling stomach. I was nervous enough and the little bugger flipping around inside of me wasn't helping me. I had my first doctors appointment today. A little crazy that just almost a year ago, I was still pregnant with Madi.

I saw movement outside the windshield and snapped my head up to see Alex exiting his parents' house. They were nice enough to watch her for my doctors appointment. Alex and I had made an agreement that no one would be told yet until I knew for sure if I was or not. Of course I knew I was, but he seemed to be oblivious to all the symptoms.

He opened the door and got into the car, buckling up his seat belt so we could leave. I stayed quiet and sank in the seat, sighing heavily. "What's up, love?"

"I'm tired! I wanna get this over with." I sighed.

"We are, right now love."

"I'm ready to get this over with!"

"Baby, calm down." he laughed, leaving his parent's driveway. "Are you excited?"

"Honestly, no."

"Why?"

"Because being pregnant again was not my intentions." I sighed. "I wanted to go to college, Alex."

"You still can, love." he grabbed my hand. "Just go up until you have it, then take some time off then resume the study."

"It won't be easy, Alex!" I snapped.

"Alright." he mumbled.

"Alex, how am I going to do schooling when I'm looking after two children? You'll be back touring and you'll be away. It'll be tough!"

"I know, babe. I forgot about it."

"Are you excited?" I replied in a cocky manner.

"Actually, I am." he snorted. He pulled into my doctor's parking lot and parked, turning his head to look at me. "Ready?"

"No."

"Haley."

"Alex?"

"Please." he sighed. "Just quit."

"Quit what? I'm not doing anything." I shook my head. "Whatever, lets go."

Without anymore bickering, we got out of his car and walked hand in hand into the office. It looked the same as it was the last time. I checked in and drug him to a seat in the waiting area where many other pregnant women were sitting.

I nervously tapped my foot on the floor and squeezed Alex's hand for comfort. "Love, calm down. There's nothing to be afraid of." he kissed my hand.

"I know, I'm just nervous Alex." I sighed. "I love you."

"I love you too, babe."

"Haley Gaskarth? Your doctor will see you now." a nurse called from the doorway.

I gulped and nodded, standing up with him. We followed her on past the doors into the tiny room I had appointments in before. I sat on the examining table and shut my eyes, waiting to hear the door open at any time now. I still held tightly to Alex's hand and jumped when the door open.

"Haley, it's good to see you back in here! What have we got going on today?" my doctor's perky voice said as she shut the door behind her.

"I think I might be pregnant again." I said, letting it come out as a pure whisper.

"Well lets check that out." she said, flipping on the ultrasound machine. "You know how this works, so this is gonna be a bit cold." she smeared cold clear jelly on my stomach. I shuttered and bit my lip, turning to catch a glimpse at Alex.

He smiled and kissed my finger to comfort me. "It's alright, Haley."

"Well you suspected right. You are pregnant. I would say about fifteen weeks. You'd be due somewhere in December." Dr. Greene said. I froze. "Would you like to know the sex? It's so clear!"

I was still frozen. I couldn't speak. "Yes." Alex answered her for me.

"Looks you two are having another baby girl." she smiled at me.

I nodded and snapped out of it to smile. I was having another girl. "Thank you."

"My pleasure." she nodded, heading for the door. "I will see you in two weeks."

"Yes ma'am. Thank you so much."

"No problem. Bye bye, now."

I took a deep breath and turned to Alex. He was grinning at me like an idiot. "What?" I giggled.

"You're far in and we're having a girl. She's due in December too. A winter baby, like me!"

"You're a dork." I shook my head. "Start thinking of names!"

"That'll be a task for later." he laughed. "Is this one a secret too?"

"Alex, no."

"Good. I didn't like keeping it a secret in the first place the first fucking time."

"Oh shut up! Neither did I, I was just too stupid." I shrugged. "But whatever."

"We could always announce it on Saturday. I mean, it is Madalynn's birthday and everyone will be there. Why not get it off our chest then?"

"I like your thinking." I leaned in for a kiss. He kissed me back and wrapped his arms around me tightly. "I love you, Alex."

"I love you too babe." he recited back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short, but a good way to start off. :)
I also have a new story I came up with today! So Bittersweet By Our Design another Alex fic, don't hate me for it. I'm absolutely in love with the idea and hopefully you will love it too. :)
Comment & Subscribe.