Status: Drowning Lessons - My Chemical Romance

Going Under

Death Row

“Who are you?” I whisper quietly at the slumped figure before me. He raises his sweat-soaked head and smirks at me with his horrid mouth. Stitches are worn and breaking around his lips. I vaguely wonder how long they’ve been there as his mouth opens and a sound that makes my hair stand on end escapes.

“Help me.” The voice is high, screeching like a little girl’s. I would have thought it impossible to come from him, but nothing was impossible anymore.

The room is decorated delicately with blood. Scarlet intricately lines the peeling walls.

“Won’t you help me?” he shrieks once again, making me cringe. I shudder as I a hold a sob in.

“I don’t know how.” He just smiles and slumps down.

“Too bad for you, darling.” His voice is deep, roaring now. I jump back, slipping a little on the blood, as the walls begin to vibrate. The metal chair he’s sitting in begins to buzz, and I watch as his body convulses with the electric ropes being strung through his body.

A cracked porcelain doll falls from the ceiling and lands at my feet. I pick it up and gaze in terrified awe at the small smile stretching across the doll’s painted lips. A pool of scarlet starts in the middle of the ceiling, reaching out to the blind corners of the room. It pours in from under the solid metal door, stretching out towards me, its claws wrapping around my body. I don’t even have time to utter a cry as it fills the room, creeps up my waist, and pulls me under.