Through the Window

two

I was fucking sexy.

Call me a self-centered douchebag all you want. It may be true, but I knew I was hot either way. There was no denying it.

When you're a kid and you're growing up in elementary school or whatever, they say it doesn't matter. They say looks are nothing and children don't care, but fuck that. I know better.

The social pyramid starts forming before you even know what a social pyramid is. And soon you're stuck in it. If you're at the bottom, you're basically screwed for life. There aren't many ways you could change it. The most attractive kids moved to the top. It was just a fact of life.

Being the lucky kid I was, I rose to the top. It's not like I worked for it. Thanks to genetics, there were so many people after what I had, but none could ever get it. Every clique has a leader, and naturally I was the lead of the most popular guys in my town. A lot of others wanted the spot - fighting like the girls they were - but no one could do it. The difference between me and them? They tried; I didn't.

So what did it take? Tower height? Check. Six pack? Check. Green eyes that girls drooled over? Check. Loud personality? Check. Overuse of the word "fuck" and various other profanities? Check, check, check.

Then there were the girls. Who else was there but Kinsey to lead them? Her family was the richest in town, and she, like me, was given the gene pool's blessing. She had it all. She was perfect. She could get anything and anyone she wanted.

So what did this all add to?

No one ever expected the popular guy to try to commit suicide. No one ever thought that he would abandon everything. And most of all, no one ever expected the girl who had it all to be there, begging for his love.