Status: Oneshot

Our Rebel Love Song.

Rebel Love Song.

"I don't want you around him anymore Ashlyn, do you understand that?" I stood up from the couch, "James! That isn't fair to Andy and you know it!" My step-father stood in front of me, "I do not give a damn what isn't fair to him! He is a bad influence Ashlyn! I don't want you around someone like that!" I groaned, "Why not dad? Is it because he might make me see things in a new way? Because I'd stop seeing everything the way you want me to? I love him dad!" Before I knew it, I was knocked to the ground, I heard my mother, "James! How could you do that to her!" He turned to my mother, "She knows her place and she knows she needs to keep her mouth shut! She will not disrespect me in my own home! She's my daughter and she will obey my rules!" I slowly stood up, "You are not my father! You never will be! You don't own me! I'll stay with Andy if I want to!" I made a mad dash for the stairs, before I could get there he had a hold of me again, there was nothing I could do to stop him.

I woke up the next morning, slowly getting out of my bed and walking to the bathroom. I looked at the many bruises covering my face and arms, Andy hated James, he had good reason to, he hated seeing me hurt. James hated Andy, Andy was showing me that James was abusive and that I could get help and get away from him. I carefully applied my make-up to cover the many bruises on my face, I went back to my room and slowly pulled on my hoodie to cover the bruises on my arms, and jeans to cover my legs. I slowly walked out the door and a ways down the street when Andy pulled up, "Ash?" I looked at him, he stopped and got out, "Ash? What happened last night? You never replied to my text." I looked down, "So-sorry...I got a bit...distracted..." I was avoiding his eyes at all costs, he knew when I was lying, he carefully took my arm and pulled the sleeves up, "Ash...he hurt you again." I nodded, my eyes now filling with tears, "Andy, I can't go back. Don't make me go back, he'll kill me for being with you."
"Run away with me. We can leave tonight, please?" He looked at me with pleading eyes, "Ashlyn, I hate seeing you like this, he has no right to hurt you, hell no one has any right to lay their hands on you. We can run away and leave this all behind, please?" I looked down, "Give me some time to think about it, ok?" He sighed and nodded, "Ok," he leaned down and gently pressed his lips to mine, "I love you." I smiled, just barely, "I love you too Andy..." I turned and started walking back home, when I walked in the house my mom sat on the couch.
She got up and walked over and hugged me, "You need to leave, go with Andy. It's for your own safety, you can run from all this Ashlyn, leave it behind and move on to a better life. I want you to go." I looked at her, confused, "Mom, you want me to leave you here with him?" She sighed, "I'd rather be here with him than have you still be around, Andy's never going to give you up and you just need to go with him, ok?"

I nodded and ran upstairs, I sent Andy a quicky text and started shoving my belongings into my bag. I had just tossed my last shirt in my bag when I heard Andy's car pull up, I grabbed my bags and ran down the stairs, put them in Andy's car and hugged my mom tightly, "Be careful Ashlyn." I smiled at her, "I will mom, get away from him, please. For your own sake." She nodded, "I will," she kissed my head and waved as Andy drove us off. I watched as the house that I had grown up in slowly faded away from me.

One Year Later

Andy and I were sitting on the tour bus, I was holding our three month old daughter Cassy in my arms, Andy smiled, "She's beautiful Ash." I smiled, "She is. I can't believe we're here now," I looked up at him, he smiled back, "Neither can I, have you talked to your mom lately?" I shook my head slowly, "I haven't heard from her in two months, the day after she went home, after she came to see Cassy." I looked at him, "Tomorrow, we get home from tour, can we go and check on her? Please Andy? She hasn't gotten away from James yet, and now I have you, Ashley, Jinxx, Jake, and Christian to watch out for me." He sighed, "Fine. Only because I know how important your mom is to you Ash, we can head out there before we get home, ok?" I nodded and kissed his cheek, "Thank you Andy."

We drove back to my old house, the bus slolwy stopped, there was a for sale sign in the yard, "They're moving..?" That's when one of my old neighbors and good friends walked over, "Ashlyn? Is that you?" I nodded, "Jess?" She smiled and hugged me, "Oh, I'm so sorry for you loss dear." I was confused, "What?" She looked at me, "Yo-your mother..she was, she was shot almost two months ago. Come to think of it, it wasn't too long after she got home from visiting you, she was talking to my mom about being able to see her granddaughter and how happy she was that you were safe and then the next day there's a article in the paper that she was shot and murdered when someone broke into the house..." I was in tears, "Wh-who would do that?"

Jess hugged me, "They found out almost a week later, James did it. He found out that your mother knew where you were and she refused to tell him, he ended up confessing to the entire thing." I knew it, that sick bastard, I turned and ran from Jess into Andy's arms, he pulled me close, "Sh-she's gone Andy..." Jess sighed, "She's buried in the cemetary, next to your dad Ash, she belongs with your dad and now you know she's safe." I barely smiled, it helped knowing that mom was where she belonged the entire time, with my father, not really in heaven, but she was by his side once again. We got back on the bus and went to the cemetary, I got out with Andy, who was carrying Cassy, we walked over to the gravesite and sure enough there was her name. I knelt down in front of it, "Momma, I brought Cassy so you could see her again. I'm sorry I wasn't there to help you, may-maybe I could have done something..." I felt Andy's hand on my shoulder and he knelt down next to me, "Ash, you wouldn't have stopped it, if anything you'd be in a grave next to her and we wouldn't have Cassy."

I buried my head into Andy's neck, "She didn't deserve this Andy, she deserved to go peacfully, not being shot by a drunk." He nodded, "I know Ash, I'm sorry," he slowly stood up and took my hand, pulling me up with him, "We need to go now, it's time for us to head home. Your mother wouldn't want you here, crying over something you had no control over, she told you to leave for a reason." We slowly walked back to the bus, I knew he was right, but maybe if I hadn't ran away with him, this never would have happened? I could have saved my mothers life, but at what cost? Not being with Andy and being able to raise Cassy? Maybe it was worth running away, she told me to after all, I guess I get to live out my rebel love song with Andy.