Status: Complete!

Crash

Chapter Nine

“Hollie... You need to get up. I can’t tell you again, I don’t want us to be late, especially on the last day of college! We never have to go back after today...” Josh spoke softly as he brushed his girlfriend’s hand with his, hoping that waking her up gently would keep her spirits high.

She groaned, rolling over onto her front to look at Josh sat next to her on the bed. “Joooosh, I don’t wanna go to college.” She pouted, leaning up to press her lips to his and he met her halfway, pulling her into his lap with a grin spread on his face.

“You’re practically out of bed now. Up!” Hollie heaved her sleep-laden body from bed, grabbing her night bag and heading towards Josh’s bathroom, her hair sporadic as she made her way across the room. Josh watched her as she walked, hips swaying with sass and attitude but her lips curled into a smile when she caught him staring.

“Cheeky.” Hollie spoke, her eyes smiling though her lips were in a firm line, her mock seriousness failing. “I’ll be five minutes, promise.” Josh just smiled again as his girlfriend closed the door to the bathroom. He shook his head in disbelief as he rose from the bed they shared last night, the only thought replaying in his mind was how amazing it felt to wake up to a softly snoozing beauty.

Josh had just finished making his bed when Hollie re-emerged from the en-suite, her hair tousled and thrown up into a messy bun, stands falling down her neck and resting on her shoulders. “Ready?” Her words were spritely and her face lit up as soon as Josh’s did.

“Let’s get out of here.” They smiled warmly at each other, grabbing their bags and linking hands as they made their way out of the house, making their way down the road to college, grateful for the fact that they only had four hours left in education.

---

“Well, well, well – there are the lovebirds!” Dan spoke with a broad grin as Josh and Hollie made their way into the classroom. Their morning lessons were over and they walked hand in hand towards their friends. They made small talk which was quickly interrupted by their head of year, Mr Owens, who gave his final word to the students. As he wished them all the best for their futures, bodies rose from seats with a roar, a cheer – happiness radiating from every single person’s face as they left the room. Josh and Hollie got ready to leave the room together, saying their goodbyes and promising to see their friends over the next week.

As they made their way out of the crowds and past the school gates, the pair linked hands happily. “Josh, I’m not sure if I’ve mentioned it, but it’s my birthday next week.” Hollie winked as she locked eyes with her boyfriend, a twinkle in her eye as she bit back a giggle.

“Yes, as a matter of fact, Hollie, you’ve mentioned it once or twice; perhaps eleven or twelve times now that I think about it.” He winked back at the girl, laughing gently as he swooped down and caught her lips with his. “You are going to have the birthday of a lifetime, I promise you.” A smile emblazoned on his features, Josh kept his silent promise. He wasn’t quite sure how he had managed it, but the secrets he had been keeping from Hollie were second to none, even if he said so himself. He hadn’t mentioned any of his plans to the guys – he could never be so sure that they wouldn’t ‘accidentally’ let something slip and ruin the element of surprise. No, this was something that he could say he was proud of and he was almost positive that Hollie wouldn’t expect it.

“Josh? Josh? Jooooooosh?” Hollie sang, pulling the guy back to earth. As they were walking along the street to Hollie’s house, he hadn’t realised how unresponsive he had suddenly become. “Are we going straight back to mine? No one’s home.” She smiled back at him, knowing exactly what would ensue when they got inside.

He watched her mouth move as he listened to her speak. “Straight back to yours then.” They carried on walking the short distance to the building at the end of the road, unlocking the door and tumbling in as laughter filled the room.

---

They were curled up together in the living room several hours later, their bodies so close that you’d think they were one. “Josh, what are we doing for my birthday?” Puppy dog eyes came to the surface and Josh could barely resist answering his girlfriend’s question. He couldn’t tell her. He just couldn’t. She probably wouldn’t believe him if he did, anyway. He could barely believe it himself and it was all his idea.

“I can’t tell you otherwise I’d have to kill you, and that would just involve unnecessary prison time, wouldn’t it?” Josh spoke in mock seriousness, twisting long, dark hair in his fingers as it cascaded over Hollie’s body.

The girl sighed, defeated. “I will find out, y’know? One way or another, I’ll know.” Determination was evident in her voice and Josh just shook his head.

“Whatever you say, love. Whatever. You. Say.” He punctuated his last three words with kisses, his tongue weaving into his mouth the third time that they made contact.
♠ ♠ ♠
OKAY.

Right, I know it's been an awfully long time since I updated this but I was a little too busy having an argument with myself as to whether or not I should make a sequel to this...

*DUN DUN DUNNNNNN*

Yeah, I decided against it - there will be no sequel. IT'S OKAY, DON'T CRY. You're not crying, okay, okay.

I will, howeverrrrrrr, be starting two... yes, TWO(!!!!!!) new fan fictions! I have no idea how this will turn out, hopefully well, but hey, who knows?! One of them will be an Oli Sykes fiction and the other is yet to be decided... Any suggestions?! Likely to default to Dan/Josh again!

I'll post the link to both fics when I've made the layouts! I have the final chapter of this to complete and it will be MIND-BLOWING. I hope. Maybe. Yeah, it will. Anyways...

Let me know what you think!

(Apologies for stupidly long author's note!) <3

- Kerry