‹ Prequel: Our Little Secret
Status: Sequel! Enjoy! Very Active!

Our Little Masquerade

VIII. Change of Plans

--Syrah/Safire--

They say that waiting for a pregnancy test can be the longest moment of your life but, it's only about five minutes. So many things run through your mind all at once as you stare at the stick in your hand waiting for it to make a symbol. I couldn't tell you how long I sat in that bathroom, I felt like I was in the bathroom for hours, contemplating and arguing with myself.

I hated life on the run, it wasn't even classified as a life anymore and if I was carrying another little life inside of me then some changes were going to be made.

Finally, the stick decided to make it's decision and revealed their little symbols. I just stared at the stick, tears were clouding my eyes and soon they just completely spilt over, I was balling my eyes out in the bathroom because of a stupid pregnancy test.

"Syrah, are you crying?" Michael asked from outside the bathroom door.

"I-I'm fine Michael."

"Syrah, stop lying to me!" Michael threw the bathroom door open and walked in.

I didn't flinch, I just sat there on the bathroom floor with my back against the bathtub wall. My eyes were still filled with tears and my body was fust limp, I might as well have been dead with the way my body was doing nothing.

"Syrah, is this what I think it is?" Michael held the pregnancy test in his hands with wide eyes.

"Yes. It's positive, feel free to leave me here if you want. At this point I'll just slow you down."

"Syrah, I love you. Why would you even think I would do that to you."

"Because we're running Michael, we're stuck running. A baby isn't exactly a helpful thing right now."

"Syrah, I love you and I love whatever is inside of you right now. If anything this is more of a drive to end this war. You and I aren't done fighting, we're done running. We're going after them, not the other way around. This ends now."

I thought it over and finally I found the strength to get up off the floor and hug Michael. I hugged him with all the strength I had left, I never wanted to let go. His arms held on to me with the warmth and comfort they always had. We were going to end this, for the sake of this little baby.

"I love you too Michael."

"We're not giving up my love, we may be stuck between a rock and a hard place but, we can do this."

"How are we going to do this?"

"First things first, it's time to get Mom and Dad, we need the whole family."