Status: In progress

Weathering The Storm

Chapter One

Olivia rolled onto her side and looked to her left, lying there next to her in all his perfectness was her one true love. Peter.

Olivia just laid there for the longest time staring at him. She had never really slept much, even as a child. The clock on her bedside table read 5:58am and just enough light was getting through her half closed blinds so that she could clearly see the handsomely chiselled face of her lover.

Thoughts of the night before flashed through her brain. Everything felt like a half remembered dream, but there was one thing she couldn't ever forget, how he tasted when he kissed her. She remembered flashes. The way his hands felt, entwined in her long, blond hair. His soft lips pressed against hers in a passionate embrace. His arms encircling her back, slowly lowering her to the bed. Everything was remembered in scattered fragments. The scotch they drank making the night before seem like a blur. But pervading all the memories was the taste of his lips against hers. She could still taste it now, it reminded her of scotch and bitter coffee, with a small twist of Walter's crepes dancing throughout, which seemed like a strange combination but Peter made it work. Her heart tightened at the thought.

Right as the clock hit six, Peter slowly began to open his eyes and mumble.

"Rise and shine, darling" whispered Olivia softly to his ear.

"What time is it?" Peter said, his tone and the croak of his voice keyed Olivia in to the fact that all the scotch they drank last night was having a greater effect on him this morning then it was to her.

"Just past six, Pete." Olivia said in a sweet voice. Only she could call him Pete. "I thought I might try to recreate the magnificence that is Walter's crepes, if you were up to it. After all it is a Walter Bishop recipe so it must have some sort of hangover remedy attached to it." Even though this was more than likely true and Olivia was more of a toast person anyway, she wanted crepes because they reminded her of him and last night.

"I could totally go for some crepes!" The mention of the crepes seemed to somewhat snap Peter out of his scotch induced hangover, but only slightly.

"Well we better get started," Olivia said, "wouldn’t want to start and then get called in to work, which knowing our luck, will most likely happen anyway"

Peter smiled. He loved it when she talked about their job as though it was as easy as any other job in the world. The irony amused him. "Ok, we will get started right away then ma'am." He said jokingly. "But I've just got to take care of one thing first."

"Oh, and what would that be?" Asked Olivia genuinely surprised.

"This."

Peter leaned over and pressed his smooth, hot lips forcefully up against hers. Suddenly all the memories of last night flooded back in clarity, causing a tidal wave of emotions in her brain. All the moments suddenly returning at once. The kissing. The holding. The sex. Oh god, it was good.

Olivia bit down on his bottom lip as they continued to kiss. Olivia wrestled with him, their mouths still pressed together passionately until, with a grunt, she won and was sitting on Peter's chest, her hands pinning his arms to the bed. Her hair dangling down tickling Peter's face. With one swift hand she twisted her hair over so all of it was hanging down her left side, and she could see Peter clearly. Then she forcefully put her hand back down onto his wrist, pinning it, once again, to her bed

"What do you think?" she asked, a small smile spreading across her lips.

"I think I need to work out more," Peter replied, a smile also playing at his lips, "And I think the crepes can wait."

"Funny, I was thinking the. Exact. Same. Thing." Olivia smirked. With each word her mouth moved closer to its intended target. Peter's lips.

Olivia straddled Peter with her legs either side of his bony hips, still pinning his arms to the bed. All of a sudden Olivia felt a sudden jolt from under her and in what seemed like a millisecond Peter had escaped her grip and rolled on top of her. Peter's bony hips dug into her sides but she didn’t mind the pain. She was too intent on the idea of a morning fuck to think about such insignificant worries.

Peter began grinding his hips into Olivia. Waves of emotions ravished her body. "oh Peter" she moaned.

Peter grunted in reply.

The cacophony of Olivia's and Peters phones ringing at the same time snapped them out of their hormone driven passion.

"Fuck." whispered Peter, almost inaudible.

Olivia looked up at Peter, she couldn’t believe it. No matter what it was, the anomalies that they investigated always seemed to be discovered at the most inconvenient moments. She knew that sounded selfish but Olivia needed Peter more than anyone. She needed his humour and his kindness, his honesty and his intelligence but the main thing she need from him right now was his touch. She craved it. A craving that wouldn’t be fulfilled anytime soon which became immediately apparent as she looked at her phone. The screen showed the caller ID. "Broyles" she said.

"I've got Astrid." Was Peter's reply a hint of disappointment tainted his normally cheerful tone of voice.

This can't be good.

Olivia quickly robed herself in a thin linen night gown, picked up her phone and walked away from the bed so Peter could answer his phone too.

"Hello Sir."

"Agent. We have a situation. Get the Bishops and meet me at Central Park." Broyle's voice was a thick drawl that peeked at seemingly random moments into a highly emphasised syllable or word.

"Yes Sir."

"Oh and Olivia, get here as soon as you can." His voice carried a hint of fear, which wasn't uncommon when he called her to inform her of a new case but this time it worried her more than usual. She heard the tone that indicated Broyles had hung up. Olivia turned back towards Peter who was already off the phone and sat down on the bed next to him.

"What did Broyles have to say?" he asked.

"No information. He just said get to Central Park as soon as we can. So, as much as it pains me to say dear, you'll have to put some clothes on." A smirk tugged at Olivia's lips.

"You know, we could just say we got caught in traffic…" Peter said in a sly voice as he leaned in towards Olivia's neck. Nuzzling and touching it with his lips.

"You know I would any other day baby, but Broyles sounded really worried. We need to get to Central Park." Olivia would have loved to stay at home with Peter all day. Hell, Olivia would have loved to stay home with him for the rest of her life if it meant never having to deal with the world that treated her so unkindly ever again, but when she agreed to become a member of Fringe Division she took on a responsibility to protect the people of America from the truth of their world at all costs, and so she could not simply abandon her job when she felt like it, as much as she actually did feel like it . "Can you call Walter and tell him that we'll be over to pick him up in 15 minutes?"

"Don't worry, Astrid was calling to say that she could take him. You just get ready, I'll go fix you some toast and then we'll leave right away" Peter kissed Olivia on the lips, but only barley, his mouth grazing over them, tickling them. He slid out of bed, wearing nothing but his grey briefs and headed towards the kitchen.

"Thanks baby." A part of Olivia had always known that they would be together, even from the moment she set eyes on him in Iraq, she knew he was the one. She had always felt an overwhelming, insurmountable force drawing them together. Sometimes she tried to play it off as her mind just trying to process her love for him in a way she could understand but she knew it was more than that. It was fate. They had been drawn to one another by some unimaginable power that had plans for them. It was all leading somewhere. And Olivia was almost never wrong.

Although there was a time when she thought she was wrong about Peter, a long time ago now but the memories of that event still pained her. The thought that she was not the only one to have loved Peter still hurt her deeply but not as much as it had before. She was slowly getting over the fact that while she was trapped in the other universe her alternate self had pretended to be her and started a relationship with Peter. Olivia knew that this fact also took its toll on Peter too sometimes. He had come back to her universe so he could be with her only to find out that she was still trapped in the alternate universe and the person he was sleeping with was not his Olivia. The fact that their relationship had weathered this storm though was testament to just how much they were meant to be together.

After a while Peter walked back in with her toast and handed her the plate. "I thought you'd be ready by now." he said with a smile.

Olivia looked at him. He really was the most beautiful man. And she knew that men were not supposed to be beautiful, but he was. His messy, sleep-ravaged hair cast shadows over his handsome, angular face. He had short, wiry hairs covering the bottom half of his face and his eyes were an amazing array of different hues of green centred around the endless black of his pupils. Although he was quite thin he was also rather lean and had slightly built up arms and the short lines that ran along his stomach marked the beginnings of a six pack. A thought that often occurred to her occurred to her once again. He was perfect. Which she definitely believed was true.

Olivia ate her toast while Peter dressed and then she dressed herself while Peter waited.

They hopped into their car and began their long journey to Central Park which they knew would be plagued with heavy New York traffic and drivers suffering from a bad case of road rage.

"I really do love you, Pete." Olivia said

"I really do love you to." said Peter and then they drove in silence, just listening to the sound of each others breathing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading my story.
Please comment, any criticism is welcome and feel free to subscribe if you want to read the rest of the story :)