Status: Totally done

First Time Around

Scarlett.

As we all sat around my room, the boys playing around with my PlayStation 3, beating each other in a pulp in an NBA game. Jade was looking through my messages in my phone while she sat on the bench swing with my favorite pillow. I sat beside her and watched the boys shout and cheer.

I heard my phone went off. “Oh, Riley sent you a text. He said that your mother’s wounds and bruises on her body are much worse than what is on her arms. Oh, God, he sent an image!”

She gave me back my phone and shivered. I took a look at it, and immediately called Mr. Hopkins—Uncle Erick, I mean. He told me to call him that. Actually he’s been telling me to call him that for as long as I can remember. I just don’t to tease him.

“Hey, Uncle E,” I said to him through the phone. “Can you contact Dr. Stanley for me and have Melissa checked?”

“Love’s taking over your body, I suppose,” Uncle E said with a laugh and I just told him to hurry up.

I hang up and gave my phone back to Jade as she read my conversation with Neil.

“Hey, Jade,” I said as I watched Neil play with Jerome. They looked so happy playing around and pushing each other so the other can score a point. “Remember when you told me about this Mia and Michael of Princess Diaries and how they love each other so unconditionally?”

“Of course,” Jade said with a slight smile. “Why?”

“Well, I want to know how it feels like,” I said. “Mia was so in love with him even if he was in Japan an all that. Then Mia, even after they’re together, her heart still beats so fast whenever she’s with Michael. And she can’t get enough of him.”

I felt like a nerd or something. Heck, I feel like a lame person.

“You read the whole series, didn’t you?” she asked. I nodded. “Well, I don’t know. The only person I’ve fallen for was Jerome. And I sometimes feel what Mia’s been feeling. You see, you’d know its love when the time comes. The feeling’s different for each individual. You’d know its love without asking for clarification from others. It’s…innate.”

I rested my head on her shoulder and just watched the two as they changed their games. What if I’m in love? If I am, then this is clearly my first time around.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short chapter for Scarlett! :) Next one's bound to get you hyped up.

Enjoy! :)