Status: Totally done

First Time Around

Jade.

I woke up Sunday morning with Jerome beside me and I felt myself blush. He was still sleeping but he was facing me and the fact that we’re sleeping together alone in a bed is kind of weird. So I stood up fast and ran towards Scarlett’s living room in her bedroom and just walked around. I looked around for Scarlett or Neil so I can kill them both for leaving me on a bed with Jerome.

It’s not really the romantic type. We slept with pillows in-between us, except for me and Scarlett, who was in the middle while the boys was at the both ends.

But lots of things can happen when you’re asleep, like the pillows will be moved by someone. And that’s what happened. The pillow between Jerome and I was moved to his other side.
Neil finally walked in the room and I pulled him down on the sofa.

“Dude, why the hell are you smiling?” I asked, without removing my fake glare on him.

“I’m not,” he lied and just smiled some more. “Why’d you pull me here?”

“Well, you guys left me with Jerome,” I whispered. I looked behind him and found no Scarlett. “Where’s the red-head?”

“Don’t know,” Neil shrugged and relaxed on the sofa with a smile still plastered on his face. He looked at me and said, “Wanna go look for her?”

As we got out of the room, Mrs. Hopkins was passing by with a tray of food. “Hey, Mrs. H,” I said. “Have you seen Scarlett?”

“I don’t know. But she just called me to bring her mother some breakfast, and she even told me to make it fancy but simple.”

We followed her until we stopped in front of their hospital room. Yes, Scarlett has her own hospital room. She also has doctors and nurses under her.

We saw Scarlett resting her back on the wall outside the room. She was looking at Melissa who’s still sleeping. Mrs. Hopkins brought the food to Melissa and the nurse woke her up.

Then I realized something. When Scarlett said to place her mother in the farthest room from hers, she was talking about the hospital room.

“You intentionally got her in this room, didn’t you?” I said. She merely looked at me and looked back to Melissa. “I’m right, aren’t I? When you saw those bruises of hers, you cared. So you got her sent here, so she can be taken care of. But you saw how worse it is last night, so you called the doctor.”

“Seriously, Viola, I don’t think I should be the detective here. You should,” Scarlett said.

“Why don’t you come in and talk to her,” I said.

“She’s the reason why my sister’s dead.”

“Maybe there’s a reason behind it. I mean, when you guys found out, they never really cleared it out.”

“I don’t need another explanation.”

I sighed. Persuading Scarlett hasn’t been easy for me. She thinks of a way to get out easily. “Forgive her, Scarlett; because I know somewhere in that melting cold heart of yours is love for your mother. And what would you do if you don’t have another chance anymore? Would you risk this?”

“Besides,” Neil said. “Hate the sin, not the sinner.”

Scarlett just stared at her mother, thinking of something to get out from this.

“I’ll make you a deal,” I said, before she could say anything. “If you still want to kill her while you’re there, then just get up and leave. Then just come back when you’re ready.”

She sighed. “Fine.”

“We’ll be in your room, okay? Jerome will be wondering where we all are, when he wakes up.”

Neil whispered something to her and kissed her on the forehead. Okay, seriously, I will have to confront her later when the two boys leave.

Neil and I started to walk slowly away from the hospital room.

“What did you whisper to her?” I asked.

Neil smiled. “That everything will be fine, and I’m rooting for her.”

“Thank you, Neil,” I said. “For being there for Scarlett. I know you’ve been cheering her up. I mean, after how many years, this is the first time that I’ve felt her heart starting to melt for people.”

I looked back and saw Scarlett opening the door and disappearing into the room. Everything will be fine, I thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy! :)