Status: Totally done

First Time Around

Scarlett.

When I told Jade the news about Mrs. Lopez and Thomas being best buddies last night, she was all over me. So I told her how Quinn’s mom—Aunt Pamela—was so disappointed with the fact that my father’s last gift for me hasn’t been given to me.

So we decided that we’d pay a little visit to Mrs. Lopez after class today. We have no club meetings, so we’re safe. When I told Quinn about this when we bumped into each other down the hallway, he said that he’d go as well. And Neil and Jerome would go with us too.
Looks like Jade is getting juicy with Jerome. I love it.

I parked outside Mrs. Lopez’s house and we all climbed out. Quinn was massaging my back while Neil was giving him an evil eye.

I knocked on the door and a decent looking Mrs. Lopez opened. “Hello there, children,” Mrs. Lopez said. “Great timing, usually I’m at work at this time.”

“I’m sorry to disturb you, Mrs. Lopez,” I said. “But is there a chance I could get my father’s tenth birthday gift for me?”

Mrs. Lopez stared at me with sadness. “You look exactly like him. But you still have the Melissa-like face,” she said. She sighed and opened the door widely, gesturing for us to come in.

We sat down on the living room as Mrs. Lopez went upstairs and Mr. Lopez showed up. “Would you guys like some tea?”

“Yes, thank you,” I said.

Mrs. Lopez returned with a CD case. She gave it to me and I read what’s written on it…

Happy birthday, my little angel. I hope you’d like this gift.

“Would you like me to play it for you?” she asked. I looked up and nodded.

As she places the CD into the player, Neil wrapped his arms around me and I rested my head on his shoulders.

Mr. Lopez came back with five cups of tea. He set them down on the coffee table and he and his wife sat on an empty chair near us as they started to watch too.

It was a poorly made video. My dad was holding the camera as he faced it to him.

“Hey, kiddo,” he said. He placed the camera somewhere and sat on the edge of his bed. A ten year old kid with black hair showed up behind him and hugged him. “I want you to meet your step-brother.”

“Hey Scarlett!” Quinn said happily. “It’s nice to meet you! I’d like to play with you sometimes.”

A woman’s laugh was heard from the background and soon, Pamela showed up.

“This is your step-mother, Scarlett,” he said.

“Hello there, Scarlett,” Pamela said. “It’s a pleasure to meet you.”

Quinn took something behind the camera and came back with a guitar. He sat beside my dad and positioned his guitar on his lap.

“This Quinn here is exactly like you. He started playing the guitar at the age of two. You started playing the piano and singing your heart out at the age of two. You guys must’ve had that from me. And I am so proud of you. I really am. That’s why I wrote a new song for you with a help of Quinn and Pamela.”

He gestured for Quinn to start, and Quinn played a few notes for the intro.

You started to amaze me
With every little thing that you do
And you still surprise me
With whatever you do.
Even though I might not be with you
I want you to know that my heart’s filled of you.
I love you more than you’ll know
And Quinn here loves you too.
Pamela absolutely adores you.
Now keep on smiling
And everyone will fill in for me.
They’ll be the ones to fill in the hole that I’ve caused.
And they’ll make you forget all the pain that has happened.


Quinn ended the playing and smiled up at the camera. “Hope you like it, Scarlett,” he said.

“We love you. And you take care now!” My dad said.

The video stopped and my eyes were filled with tears. No, they were streaming now. Neil was hugging me as I stared at the television. I miss him. I miss him so badly. How come I have to feel this pain? I needed a father. I want a father. And I can never find one like him again.
♠ ♠ ♠
ENJOOOOOOOOOOY :)