Status: Totally done

First Time Around

Jade.

Scarlett’s tears were non-stop and Quinn’s eyes were a little moist. I have never seen her cry like that. The last time she cried was when her father died. And since then, she never showed her weakness to me so I won’t worry.

Mrs. Lopez was watching Scarlett with sad eyes. Mr. Lopez was all over the place. He’s been getting water, towels, and tissues to her.

“He was my best friend,” Mrs. Lopez said softly. Scarlett somehow minimized her cries. She looked up to Mrs. Lopez. “We’ve been close since we were little. He was the guitarist in a band and I was merely an audience; a fan. I’ve supported him in every way I can. He never forgot about me, even if he got rich.”

Scarlett stopped crying now to listen.

“We kept on communicating each other. And I was really happy.” Mrs. Lopez looked down. “When he died on that fateful day, I blamed you and your screwed family.” She said that while looking at Scarlett. “That’s why I’ve been hiding that gift from you. I was planning to give it to you when I’m emotionally ready. And I never was. And now I have. And I’m really sorry.”

“That’s really cruel,” I suddenly said. “Scarlett never caused that accident.”

“That’s why I’m sorry,” Mrs. Lopez said with tears. “Sometimes I wonder if I just want another item that belongs to him that can remind me of him.”

Before I could say anything, Scarlett held my hand. “I feel your pain,” Scarlett said.

“No you don’t. I’m his best friend. And he is like a brother to me. Losing him is like losing everything.”

“I’m his daughter. And did you even imagine the pain I had? I was only ten years old, and I had to grow up most of my life without him. When I’ll need a father, there’ll be no one. You get to spend most of your life with him. I get to spend time with him twice a week.” Scarlett’s voice was strong now. “And you’re right; I don’t feel your pain because the wounds in my heart are far deeper than yours.”

Mrs. Lopez looked hurt. “I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean to.”

“I know,” Scarlett said. “I’m sorry for your loss, but at lease think of me too. You should’ve given that to me because I needed him. And I still need him.”

Mrs. Lopez took the CD and placed back into the case. “Take good care of it,” Mrs. Lopez said as she gave Scarlett the CD. “I’m still deeply sorry for ever blaming you about his death. And I’m really sorry for not giving you this.”

Scarlett held the CD case in front of her heart and we all said our goodbyes to them. Quinn kissed Scarlett on the forehead as he climbed into his car. Scarlett silently kissed Neil on the cheek and climbed into her car and drove off.
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjooooooy :)