Status: Totally done

First Time Around

Scarlett.

I sat down by Jade’s living room and Mrs. Summers offered me some food which I declined since I already ate bread before coming here. The kid I’m babysitting, Brian, asked me to eat before I left. I'm not really a fan of eating, but I can’t help it…he’s a kid.

Jade showed up with a glass of water. “At least drink some water, if you’re not going to eat,” she said. I took the glass and obediently took a sip. “Are you okay?”

“I’m fine,” I automatically said. “I just remembered every excruciating memory I have.”

“Mr. Romero said he was sorry. He was too shy to even come up and say so himself. But I guarantee; he was very sincere so please just forgive him.”

“I wasn’t angry, Viola. I told you, I just remembered every excruciating memory I have.”

Jade kept her mouth shut because she knew when I start calling her Viola, it’s either I’m pissed or I’m getting hurt some more.

“I’m going out for a fresh air,” I told her and left immediately, leaving the glass of water.

I stepped out of their backyard and sat at the edge of their pool just to stare at the stars above. I took of my combat boots, and dipped my feet into the water. The wind was cold against my face and so was the water against my feet.

“It’s a little pathetic how you’re staying here all by yourself,” a guy voice said. I turned around and saw a tall guy with dark hair and a slightly tanned skin. He sat beside me without putting his feet into the water. “My name’s Johannes Neil, you can call me Neil.”

“Neil’s your surname?” I asked. I was just curious.

He laughed and said, “No. It’s Romero. Jerome’s my cousin if you’re wondering. Our dads are brothers.”

“My name’s Scarlett,” I say at last. I kept on staring at his deep blue eyes. “But I’m guessing that you already know me.” I’m still keeping my cool.

Neil just smiled. “Yeah, I asked Viola about you after the whole incident thing. Then I looked around for you, and then I saw that kid with you awhile ago, and then he told me you were here.”

“Where’s Brian?” I asked not even caring about the things he just said.

“He’s playing with kids his own age. The real question is, are you okay? I know Viola asked you already, since Jerome told me so. But it won’t hurt to tell a complete stranger the truth.” He smiled this sexy smile of his.

“Well, that sounds convincing,” I laughed. We sat there in silence for a few minutes until he broke the ice, “Can you tell me about your past? I know you just know me but everyone—except for me and Jerome’s family—seems to know every bit of your past…it would be fair if you could tell me, too.”

I looked at him for awhile and then back at the sky. “You know, I didn’t tell them my story. They witnessed it.” I removed my foot from the pool and started to dry myself. “Let’s have a game.”

Neil lightened up with a smirk. “Okay then.”

“Well, for starters, are you going to study in West High?” I asked which he nodded immediately. “Well, you’ll have to figure out my story on your own. You can’t ask people about it. You just have to know on your own. And you only have three tries. Then when you did find out, you get a special price.” I winked at him and his smile widened. “And when you didn’t well…you’ll be my slave for a week.”

“Okay then, Scarlett Turner. We have ourselves a deal.” We shook hands to seal our agreement and we both sat there quietly.

“You do know you’re gonna lose, right?” I said.

“Let’s just see about that.”

“Hey, Scarlett, where am I gonna sleep?” Brian interrupted.

I looked up to the little blonde boy that was supposed to be my cousin from father’s side. The more I look at him, the more he resembles dad. That’s why I care for him. That’s why I volunteered to be his babysitter without his parents knowing that I’m their niece.

“You want to be alone in a bedroom or with someone?” I asked.

“I can’t sleep alone. Mom and dad usually make me sleep between them in bed.”

“Then you can sleep beside Riley later,” I told him.

“I don’t want to sleep with him!” Spoiled much?

“Then go sleep with his twin sister, Reese.”

“No! I want to sleep with you, okay? I don’t want to sleep with crazy old guys that work for you!”

“Watch your tone, Brian.” I glared at him and he seems to get my message. “They are not old. Those twins are children of my gardener, Mr. Hopkins. And they are only seventeen. Now if you want to sleep with someone tonight, give some respect to those people I give respect to.”

Brian got tears I his eyes now. “I’m sorry.” He grabbed my arm and started to cry on my shoulder.

“Wow, you’re so cold,” Neil said. I completely forgot he was there.

“Mr. Hopkins was with me all my life. I can’t let a kid disrespect his children.”

“Brian’s a kid, Scarlett. And I think Mr. Hopkins won’t feel offended by a kid.” Neil smiled with such care.

“You don’t know anything about me,” I shot back.

“Touché,” he said with a chuckle. “But I think that’s the reason for our own little game.”

I looked at my watch and it was already past Brian’s bedtime. Mr. and Mrs. Thompson won’t be happy when they knew that I made him sleep past his bedtime, which is eight-thirty by the way. It’s nine o’clock now.

“Neil, I have to go,” I said. I wiped Brian’s tears off his face and carried him as I stood up. “This kid’s parents are very strict about his sleep/wake cycle. Oh, can you help me with my boots?”

I felt myself blush when I felt his hands held my feet into my boots. His hands were big and rough. Embarrassment overflowed and I felt my ears grow hot. And red heads blush easily, how the hell can I hide my face?

I need to calm down!

When he was done, he stood up and he was inches taller than me. Or maybe I’m just really short, since I was wearing my boots. He took Brian from me and left without a word. I followed him and I realized that he was leading me back to my car.

He gently placed Brian in a supine position at the back seat then opened the door for me in the driver’s seat.

“Take care, okay?” He said softly. I nodded and stepped inside my car. “I’ll see you tomorrow.”

I poked my head out the window and smiled up at him. “Remember, you only have three tries! Oh, and say bye to Viola’s family for me.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so I'm a little slow. But I'm quite busy.
So, Enjoy! :)

Comments are greatly appreciated ;)