Status: Totally done

First Time Around

Jade.

Jerome was a sweetheart to me last Saturday but I’m still in the doubt area if it’s really just as a friend or what. But I was thankful for Scarlett and Neil because they spent their time in the kitchen just to give me and Jerome some time. But I was so nervous that I didn’t do anything at all. I just sat there, and kept quiet. It was very awkward, but at least Jerome was doing his best to think about topics to discuss.

“Jade, I talked to Saber awhile ago, and I’ll have my first band practice with them this afternoon,” Scarlett said as she sat down beside me with a tray of Meatloaf and can of juice.

“How about the other members, do you know them or what?” I asked as I took a bite of my own meatloaf.

“I’ll meet them later, along with that dude that asked me to join.”

The Romero cousins joined in as well with their tray of meatloaves. Angela followed with her tray of salad, and Kyle with his meatloaf.

“Where’s Saber?” I asked Angela as she mixed her salad.

“She told me that she won’t be eating lunch with us. James again, I suppose,” Angela said.

“Why did everyone bought meatloaves?” Scarlett asked with a laugh. “I mean, look at us, we all bought except for the vegetarian.”

“They only served meatloaves now,” Jerome said. “Lunch lady told me that the chili is sold out, and the beef turned out to be spoiled.”

“Good thing, I didn’t buy one,” Scarlett said with a disgusted look back at the lunch ladies. “I was having a hard time choosing between the meatloaf and the beef.”

I looked from Scarlett to Jerome and saw it in his eyes how interested he is in that conversation. I realized Neil was looking and I smiled at him sadly.

Like a really nice friend he is, he suddenly stood up and sat between Jerome and Scarlett out of nowhere. He then talked to Scarlett about something while Jerome just stared at his cousin with a surprised look on his face. But he just shook his head and ate in silence between Kyle and Neil.

I remembered how his arms felt as he wrapped it around me last Saturday. I wish I could just go back and stay there.

“You’ve got to get your moves on when you want him,” Neil said as he caught up with us. Scarlett and I were done with History, so the two of us, along with the Romero cousins, have English for our last period. Jerome went to the restroom first, so we went to our room ahead of him.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” I told him. I looked at Scarlett and she was busy with her iPhone. She’s texting someone, and I can see it was Riley.

“There are a lot of girls trying to get in his pants, you know,” Neil continued. “And there are also a lot of girls that are madly in love with him.”

“Just as long as he doesn’t like one back, then I’m okay.”

We arrived at the classroom and sat where we usually sit: at the back. Scarlett took the table next to me, while Neil sat beside me so we can talk some more.

“What if he’s starting to like someone?”

I looked at him with a smile, “Then I’ll just have to live with it.”

“That is stupid!” Neil exclaimed.

“Stupid, Johannes Neil, is a foul word to say in my class,” Dr. Luke said as he came in our class. “But I’d pretend that you said nothing, since you didn’t know I was in already.”

Scarlett was still focused on her phone that she didn’t realize Dr. Luke was staring at her. I elbowed her and she looked up and hid her phone immediately. Dr. Luke usually confiscates phones, but this time, he didn’t. Maybe he saw Scarlett was so serious today, because I saw it too. Scarlett’s been acting strange since she started to text someone in her phone. I wonder what’s wrong.

Neil, being a persistent person he was, passed me a note while we were having an exercise.

I can help you, you know.

Don’t you have an exercise to finish?

Out of us four, you’re the last one that’s not yet done. The two are sleeping already.


I looked at Scarlett and Jerome and they were, in fact, sleeping

Look, I told you, I’m not interested. If we’re destined, then he’d like me somehow.

Destiny isn’t going to help. You have to DO something. What if he started to like your best friend? You saw how he is around her.

If he did, then I’m fine. Just as long as he doesn’t hurt her.

MARTYR!

Shut up! Leave me alone, I’m not yet finished with my exercises.


Fortunately, I finished the exercises we have and passed it on time. Neil’s been sweet but I don’t want to hear anything about Jerome liking Scarlett anymore. It’s bad enough that I even thought about it.

I sighed as we walked to our lockers.

“What’s up?” Scarlett said. I completely forgot she was with me.

“It’s nothing. I just remembered that I have basketball practice today,” I lied. I opened my locker and took everything that we have assignment on and leave the rest.

“Then go home and rest, I can drive you before I could go to the band room.”

“I’ll be fine.”

I can’t believe that it’s really awkward for me when I’m talking to Scarlett. I can’t help but think about Jerome liking her. That Neil has manifested those thoughts in my brain. I’m gonna kill him when I have the chance.

“Are you sure?” Scarlett asked again as she fixed her hair in the restroom. She wasn’t actually fixing it. It’s more of a messy look. But she’s hotter that way, so I’d leave her alone.

“Yes, mom,” I said with a laugh.

She looked at me through the mirror and I know she wasn’t buying it. “Okay, but if ever you need me, I’ll be in the band room making friends.”

“Don’t replace me,” I said.

This time she laughed and hugged me tight. “That’s a stupid idea, Viola Jade. Anyway, I have to go.” She kissed me on my cheeks and ran outside.

And when she disappeared out of my sight, there was one thing that was on my mind,

My friendship’s better than Jerome. So if ever he did like Scarlett, I’d leave it at that.
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy guys.
The guy POV is really close now.
So stay tuned ;)