Status: We're Working On It.

All That I Can Think About

One.

Liz walked through the door to Renée and her flat, noticing that Renée was nowhere to be seen. She’d just gotten done from the night shift at the diner she works at and the clock told her it was eight in the morning. She tugged her uncomfortable work uniform off and discarded it into the clothes bin in the bathroom before changing into some sweats and an undershirt. Liz grabbed her laptop from her desk and sat down on the couch, turning the television on to some channel where it plays music then opened the laptop. She signed in to chat and went to click on the “my contacts” button, but she must have clicked on something else because it opened a chat with a username she had never seen before, automatically sending them her preprogrammed greeting.

Hey there!


Louis Tomlinson’s phone beeped, identifying that he had been sent a message through his chat application. He groggily opened the app and checked the message, realizing he didn’t know the person who sent it to him.

I’m sorry, do I know you?


No, sorry. I must have clicked on the wrong button. Didn’t mean to bother you. Again, sorry.


It’s fine. It’s nice to meet new people. I’m Louis. And you are?


I’m Liz. Nice to meet you.


May I ask what time zone you’re in? It is an ungodly hour of the morning here.


I’m sorry, I didn’t wake you, did I? It’s around eight in the morning here. GMT. I’m in Yorkshire.


Louis smiled at the heartfelt apology, she really hadn’t intended on messaging him or disturbing him from sleeping, though she hadn’t because Louis truly couldn’t sleep. He had too many things running through his mind. And the time constantly changing with all the traveling didn’t help at all.

No, you didn’t. I can’t sleep. I’ve been traveling a lot and the time changes are killing me! It’s about 1:00am here in California. You’re in Yorkshire? I grew up in Doncaster.


You’re kidding, right? I actually live in Doncaster now, but when I was a tot I was in Australia.


That sounds interesting. Why the big move?


My parents split up.


Liz chewed on her lip. Why was she telling him these things? They didn’t even know each other. But maybe we will.

I know exactly what that’s like. My parents just split last year.


Louis let out a sigh as he sent his last response, remembering how dreadful it had been to see them split. He loved his parents dearly and knew his sisters weren’t taking the situation well either. He had tried to be strong for everyone, but he just wasn’t around enough.

I’m an only child, so it was hard seeing them like that. I was with my mum at first, but I’m rooming with a mate now in our own flat.


I’ve got four little sisters and I know they took it a lot worse than I did. I wasn’t at home much when it was happening so I wanted to be there for them, but they ended up just resenting me for it. They seemed to think that since I wasn’t there I didn’t think it mattered; that I wasn’t affected by it.


Well, that’s selfish of them.
Sorry. That was rude.


Liz blushed at her rash statement and hoped that Louis wouldn’t be too offended by it. Louis, however, wasn’t offended at all. He even had to disguise a chuckle with a cough so as not to wake the other boys in the bunk area of the tour bus.

At least you were brave enough to voice your opinion on the situation. A lot of people would hold their tongue.


I’m not sure if I should take that as an insult or a compliment.


That was most definitely a compliment.


Liz blushed and then shook her head, once again reminding herself that she didn’t even know this boy.

So, Louis, I’ve been thinking that we should get to know each other a little better.


Well, I grew up in Doncaster, with my four little sisters. I love to sing and write. My favorite color is red. I’m twenty. Anything else you feel you ought to know?


You’re not a crazy stalker/murderer or anything?


No ma’am. Now, why don’t you tell me a bit about yourself?


I grew up in Sydney, then I moved to Barnsley with my mum when I was ten. I got a flat with my mate Renée when I moved to Doncaster so I could go to University of Sheffield after I graduated. I’m nineteen now. And I also am not a crazy stalker/murderer or anything ;D


Louis stifled another chuckled and then both he and Liz yawned.

I’m thinking it’s about time I get to sleep, Liz.


Liz looked down at the time in the corner of her laptop screen, realizing that it was nearing nine, meaning it was nearing two there.

G’night, Louis. You know who to message if you ever can’t sleep.


Mornin’, Liz.


And with that Louis signed off and tucked his phone away, finally finding some sleep in the cramped bunk of the tour bus. Liz sighed and signed off as well; shutting her laptop and placing it back on her desk, she decided to take a power nap before her first course started at eleven.

____________________________________________________________________

Renée tapped her pencil lightly on the notebook paper in front of her, trying to follow the gibberish her Professor was speaking. In her mind it was way too early for school, especially after being home schooled for so long; wake up at 11 in the morning, do school work for a few hour, take a nap, and done. It was simple back then, but being in a lecture was so different from what she was used to. Her phone buzzed, jolting her from her dazed feeling. Who could be texting me right now? I could have sworn I left my schedule on the bulletin board for Liz. Renée thought as she pulled her phone out to check.

Mornin’, Ren. How’s my favorite girl? (;


She couldn’t help the smile that came to her face. Harry Styles…of course. That boy was always flirting with anyone of the female gender with two legs.

What a surprise, Harry. I’m just peachy…in class trying to follow my Professor’s lecture. No luck so far. What are you doing up? Isn’t it about…3 in the morning in California?


Harry chuckled into his pillow and grinned.

What is the lecture on this time? You’re close. It’s actually 2 in the morning.


Renée hid her phone in her bag and read what he said. She immediately knew he couldn’t sleep; he always texts her when he can’t sleep. She was pretty sure the lecture has something along the lines of merchandising and international sales, but as much as she wished she could focus in it was no use at all.

Merchandising and international sales, I think. I was only an hour off! Still getting used to you being in a different time zone, sue me.

She re-read what she had sent and quickly added,

On second thought, don’t. You would milk me dry of everything I own, Mr. International-Super-Star.


Harry’s reply was almost instantaneous. He knew exactly what to put down.

You know it, Ren! Every last drop. (;


Renée sat for a moment, her thoughts on the time it was for him. By now her mind was totally gone from her school, there was no use.

Why couldn’t you sleep, Harry?


Harry read her question over and over again. It was simple enough, straight forward. He could lie to her or he could tell her the truth – the whole truth – which in the end was exactly what he wanted to tell her.

I really miss home. You remind me of being home and you somehow always make me feel better. I love traveling and being in this band, but we have been gone for so long that I yearn to be back home.


Renée stared at his words and read them, taking each word in one by one. It was touching that she reminded him of home; she loved talking to him and he made her day seem a little brighter each time she heard from him. Sometimes knowing she would hear from him was all that got her through her undeniably boring lectures from the monotonous Professors – such as the one at the front of her class right that moment.

You love what you’re doing which is what matters. You’re making music that I could only dream of making. I would be glad to come visit you if it would help; you know me, always traveling. Just remember that I am always here for you, Harry. You can call or text me anytime; day or night.


The whole conversation brought Harry back to a time right about three years ago when the two of them first met. Harry was still living in his hometown – Holmes Chapel, Cheshire, England – and it was before Renée had settled down in the flat in Doncaster with Liz. Both Harry and Renée frequently visited a quaint little coffee shop at the corner of two quiet little streets. It was like a small piece of calm within the hustle and bustle of England; peaceful paintings hung on the walls while soft music played like a whisper in the ears of their customers. It was Harry’s favorite coffee shop and Renée’s newly found treasure.

Perhaps it was fate that led the young brunette traveler to this destination; her fate being to meet this curly-haired young man. That morning was just as relaxing as ever in the shop; gentle tones of patrons’ voices hung in the air, each conversation merging together as one along with the coffee maker and scraping of chairs like a symphony of sounds.

Renée ordered some drink that really shouldn’t be considered coffee with the amount of sugar and milk that was undoubtedly added to it, and the curly haired Harry behind her had immediately ordered his plain black coffee right after she stated the drink she wanted. He smoothly slid up to the counter and paid for both drinks, suavely stated something along the lines of, “Pretty girls shouldn’t pay for their own drinks,” To which Renée blushed furiously and quietly mumbled a thank you.

The pair ended up spending the majority of the morning shamelessly flirting with one another across the table at their peaceful little coffee shop. Not much had changed since then, other than Harry’s superstardom and Renée’s new home in the flat with Liz.
♠ ♠ ♠
Heeeeey! This is Alyssa.
Both Chandler and I are super stoked for ATICTA! :D
We hope you enjoy it and remember this is merely the first chapter so if you aren't enjoying it right this second then maybe give it another chapter or so. It takes time to develop a good story line and this one is just getting started! (;