On the Silver Screen

On the Silver Screen

          Two and a half years. It's been two and a half years since I've met you, Trè, and it's like we've been friends since birth. We laugh together, we cry together, we pull pranks on Mike together. We do everything together.

          Like now, we're watching some kind of action movie. Together. On a torn up couch in my basement. Together. I'm on one end, curled up with my head propped up on my hand. You're on the other, almost in the same position, the hand not holding your head up, resting in a loose fist against your leg. Our feet are touching. I don't mind; neither do you.

          I look over at your unusually peaceful face and subconciously smile when you smile at some guy being thrown out of a window. I laugh when you laugh at a muttered curse word from the guy in the movie who's being chased. You always laugh at action movies like they're comedies.

          Moments pass, and somehow we end up closer to each other. I get tired, so I lie down with my feet in your lap. You complain that my feet stink — and I don't know when you started caring about the reek of things — so I turn the other way and rest my head against your chest. You move your arm from underneath my head and drape it over my shoulders.

          "Is this weird?" I ask after a while.

          You shrug and mutter, "I don't think so. I like being close to you." I'm not sure how to take that. I mean, I know I like you more than a friend, but I don't know if I like you like 'that.' That doesn't make since, though, does it? Maybe it does. I don't know how I feel about you.

          The movie goes on, though, as does time. As a certain lady character gets a little friendlier with the main character, we show a similar progression. You start to rub your calloused hand up and down along my arm, slowly at first, as if you almost don't want me to notice. Then I start to cuddle into your chest more. My hand ends up along the collar of your shirt, a show of affection that is frustratingly feminine. I like it, though. I can't deny that.

          I'm becoming more and more comfortable with the idea of liking you, and by the time the beautiful people on the television screen are about to indulge in their first kiss, I'm almost ready to make my move. I just don't want to feel like a girl. I mean, sure, I'm pretty secure in my masculinity or whatever and I'm not afraid to be a little feminine, but I've still got a pair. I hope if we turn into something, you won't want me to be the girl.

          The romantic music in the movie starts to play softly, effectively setting the mood in the dark, private basement. I look up at you, praying to any and every god for courage, and nuzzle my nose against your jaw. You turn into my touch, and I take that as a good sign; I keep going. I gently press my lips against your stubbly chin as you keep turning your head towards mine, slowly yet surely. Then, finally, we are face to face. I search your eyes for confidence and a sign that says I'm not the only one that wants this.

          I get the sign I want, and you lovingly nuzzle your nose against mine before pressing your soft lips to my cheek. I can't tell if you're stalling or trying to be romantic, and I can't decide if it'd make a difference either way. So I take the iniciative and caress your lovely, pink lips with my own. Your hand comes up to cup my cheek, and I love it. Your skin against mine is the best feeling I've ever experienced.

          Soon, you're parting your lips for air and letting me breathe in your heady scent. I miss your lips already, so I flick my tongue out to taste. You gasp quietly and lock our mouths in a passionate kiss once again. I want more, though. I entwine my fingers in your light brown hair and open my mouth, my tongue lapping at your soft lips. You open your mouth, too, and as soon as our tongues touch and begin sliding together, you let out a soft noise; it's not quite a grunt, but if it had been louder, it would be. You make that noise again, and then we're having a full-blown makeout session right on my couch. The once interesting movie is now completely and thoroughly forgotten.

          I break away for air, and you duck down to kiss my neck. Your teeth nip at the place below my ear and I moan, grasping at toned biceps. You bite harder, until I almost consider telling you to cool it, but then release my skin and gently lap at it with your tongue. My lips twitch into a small smile, because — for lack of a better word — it's cute; like you're offering an apology.

          Just as I notice a stirring in the crotch of my jeans, a quick rap on the door startles us both. We jump away from each other, like a bolt of lightning might split a rock in half when it strikes, as the door opens and Mike walks in. He pauses in the doorway and takes in the scene before him. Our flushed faces and swollen lips, our chests rising and falling wantonly with each ragged breath. Not to mention the panicked expressions on both our faces.

          "Uhh... Am I... interrupting something?" For a while, we all just stare. Because, yeah. Obviously, he is interrupting something.

          Then you giggle. I don't know why, but you start giggling like a little boy that's getting licked by his favorite puppy. Of course, I can't resist laughing with you. You're so beautiful when you laugh, when you smile.

          Our giggling turns into outright guffawing and we lean on each other for support as our faces turn red with laughter, as opposed to pink with arousal. Mike laughs, too. He chuckles, but it's clear he's still confused.

          "Come upstairs when you guys are ready to practice," he says, shaking his head as he turns and walks out the door, shutting it behind him.

          Before long, our laughter fades, but we still sit there. I'm entranced in your beaming smile, and it seems like you're just as mesmerized by mine. I lean in to kiss your smiling lips again and delight in the feel of your lips applying pressure back against mine. You pull away too soon, though, as you stand up and offer me your hand.

          "Let's not keep Mikey waiting. You know how he gets." He winks. I turn off the long forgotten action-adventure, take your hand, and pull myself up. I peck your mouth one more time, pulling away with my teeth attached to your bottom lip. I release the plump flesh and smile, before turning and walking out of the door. When we reach the top of the stairs, you slap me pointedly on the ass. I jump because it startles me, and you giggle again. I give you a look that laughingly says, "What the fuck?"

          With a shrug and a smirk, you giggle, "I saw it in the movie."
♠ ♠ ♠
So. I've never posted one of my stories anywhere online before; needless to say, I wasn't sure what to do. Anyway, let me know if you like my story or not!