Our One Year Anniversary

An Unexpected Surprise

Naji strolled along the streets of Konoha admiring the cool weather. Many couples were out enjoying the sunlight and the bright blue sky. This only intensified the feeling of wanting to her lover even more and she picked up speed. She couldn’t wait to see Sasuke and walk hand in hand toward their favorite restaurant. When she finally reached her destination, she noticed there was a note on the door.

“Naji,
I had to go somewhere. Go ahead and let yourself in, K?
Love you,
Sasuke.”

She let out a groaned as she bent down and get the key under the mat. Once she was inside the girl went in the kitchen and served herself a glass of water. She tilted her head up to take a swig from the cup when she noticed a pink bag on the kitchen table. It was beautifully decorated with the inscription “I love you” on it. Naji nibbled on her lower lip trying to resist the temptation at looking inside. She couldn’t stand it, though, and grabbed the bag off the table and into the living room, plopping unto the couch. She ripped the frilly decorative paper that hid whatever was inside. When she finally uncovered the hidden present her eyes bulged. She took the garment out of the bag and let them unfold off their own accord. What she held in her hand were a pair of baby blue, pajama pants with a ducky pattern.

“Oh, you already opened it?” A too familiar, disappointed voice said behind her.

Naji turns as she felt tears get caught in her throat. Sasuke didn’t show much emotion and this was the first time he’d ever given her anything.

He stood awkwardly at the door holding a box of chocolates and a card. “Well, did you like it?” He asked.

All Naji could do was run into his arms and cry happily. Sasuke was terribly confused but he hugged her back, “So… You did like them, right?”

“Yes,” Naji whispered, “I love them.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's so short ^^;
I wrote this for an anon in my Tumblr account and I thought it was pretty good so I decided to put it on here.
Also because I haven't posted anything in millennium, haha.
Comments/Subscribers ~ Anything is welcomed!
~`*`~
Picture credit goes to =kivi1230 on DeviantArt :)