FIRST DATE

Shadows and Deathbats

Chelsey’s POV

She was still in the corridor, alone, when she heard someone approaching her. She didn’t have the time to realize what was happening to her, but she was strongly backed against her locker. She raised her head to look at her aggressor.
Jamie.
The leader of the baseball team. A strong built man, but a disgusting man, to Chelsey’s mind.

“Hello, Chelseyyyyyyyy!”, he smiled devilishly.

“What do you want?”, she said harshly.

“You know what I want, Chels”, he replied caressing her cheek.

“Get off, moron! I already told you that I don’t like you, now let me go”, she said angrily.

Jamie laughed hard, and placed his hands on Chelsey’s cheeks. It was then that Chelsey decided to raise ‘accidentaly’ her knee. Jamie gasped and fell on the floor. Chelsey giggled and started to run to catch the bus.

****The next morning****

Chelsey was in the bus, her headphones in her ears, listening to Deaf Havana’s Smile all around.
She was thinking about yesterday. The way Zacky’s attitude changed totally. She was really afraid about it, because she knew she was fragile. If Zacky continued to be that…nice, she could start to feel something more strong for him or something like this, and then her heart would break because eventually all of this would be another way Zacky found to annoy her. She had no clue what was on Zacky’s mind yesterday, but after all, it was just a one-time thing. He’d never been like this before, and maybe he just wanted to prove Mrs. Blomberg that he what nice with his partner.
Chelsey decided not to think about it anymore.
The bus arrived, and she started to walk to the school. Her first class was Contemporary Art. She walked until she arrived in the good room.
Once again, she was the first to be there, as always. This room was decorated with many paintings and others pieces of Art. It was welcoming, and Chelsey loved this room.
People started to arrive, and Mr. Phisher did so. Mr. Phisher was Chelsey’s favorite teacher because he was young, and very open-minded. He could give really good advices and everything.
Zacky entered the room just after Mr. Phisher did. His eyes locked with Chels’ ones. Both felt their heart beating fast.
But it was then that Jimmy Sullivan decided to enter the room.

“GOOD MORNING MISTER PHISHER!!!”, he shouted, causing the said teacher, Zack and Chels to jump.

“Earth to Zacky, what are you going dude?!! Stop looking at the nerd, you’ll become blind!”, he continued.

Zacky chuckled nervously before following Jimmy. He sat next to his friend, and avoided to look at Chels.
Chelsey felt a bit hurt, but it was just a look, after all. And it wasn’t like Zacky would leave his friends to sit down next to her. She sighed.

“Well, I think everyone’s here, so we can start.”, Mr. Phisher said. “Today will be kinda special; I’ll ask you to do…whatever you want. You can paint, you can draw, you can…Well, you see what I mean. I just want that your work was like a piece of you, something that describe you, or show how you feel. Well, I want a very very personal work. Let’s start.”

All the student started to look in their purse, to find what they needed.
Chelsey decided on a big and thick white sheet of paper, and a simple drawing pencil. She glanced discretely at Zacky and smiled when she saw him already drawing, biting his tongue.

********few moments later***********

“Well, let me look at what you did, Chelsey”, Mr. Phisher asked smiling.

Chelsey had finished her work and she was satisfied with it. It was simple, but it really described how she felt at the moment. She had drawn a white character, like a white shadow, since he had no eyes, no nose, no mouth, etc… This character was surrounded by many dark threatening characters. Those ones had threatening eyes and devilish smiles.
Mr. Phisher looked surprised.

“How does this describe you, Chelsey?”, he asked curious.

The girl bit her lower lip.

“Well, it’s a way to symbolize that I don’t feel at ease with people, and that some of them are really…annoying…”, she responded honestly.

“Haha, that’s because you’ve got no friend!”, Jimmy laughed.

“Mr. Sullivan, I do not allow that kind of comment in my class. Please apologize to your classmate.”, Mr. phisher ordered.

Jimmy looked pissed off, but then smirked.

“Sorry for having told you the truth, ner…Chelsey!”, he smiled ironically.

Mr. Phisher rolled his eyes.

“Sorry for that, Miss Carter. Anyway, your work is really good. Well, sorry but I have to check the others’ work.”, he smiled before heading for Zack and Jimmy’s desk.

Chelsey looked at Zacky, who was looking at Mr. Phisher.

Zacky’s POV

Mr. Phisher approached the desk and smiled at the green-eyed teen.

“So, Zachary…have you got something to show me?”, he asked.

Zacky nodded and handed his teacher his paper. Mr. Phisher frowned and started to look very seriously at Zack’s work.

“I-I’m sorry, Mr. Baker, but…what is it exactly?”, he said confused.

Zacky chuckled lightly. “It’s a deathbat, Mr. Phisher.”

“What?”, the teacher asked again, still lost.

“A deathbat. A combinaison of a skull and a bat. It’s simple.”, Zacky answered.

“Oh…well…how’s this linked with you?”

“I don’t know, it’s just something that I love to draw and …yeah that’s all”.

Mr. Phisher nodded slowly. “Okay then…It’s a bit different from what I expected but it’s a good job! What about you, Mr. Sullivan?”

Jimmy handed him his work enthusiastically. Mr. Phisher looked really confused this time.

“Is…is this…Sponge Bob?”, he asked, unsure.

Jimmy nodded vigorously.

“Okayy, and…same question…how does…this…describe you?”, Mr. Phisher asked, almost worried – maybe about Jimmy’s mental health.

“SPONGE BOB IS MY HERO!!!”, Jimmy shouted, crossing his arms over his chest.

“O-Okay. Good.” And then Mr. Phisher left the two musician’s desk.

Zacky laughed lightly. “Dude, you’re a fool…”

“Probably Zee, but at least there’s no nerd who has a crush on me!”, Jimmy said, looking at Chels in disgust.

“What?”, Zacky asked confused. He followed Jimmy’s gaze and saw Chelsey staring at him. The second their eyes connected, Chelsey looked away, certainly blushing.

Zacky continued to stare at her. His friend couldn’t be right. A girl like Chelsey couldn’t have a crush on him. She was too quiet and too serious, and him...well, he was a strange guy with tattoos and piercings. There was no matching point in their personalities.

“Bullshit, dude!”, Zacky answered.

“Trust me, Zee. I know there’s something strange with this girl. Poor Zee, that sucks!”

Zacky shrugged. He didn’t want to believe that his friend was right. But the things that was really pissing him off is…He didn’t know if Chels’ supposed crush was really annoying him, or …making him smile inside of him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, this is chapter two =) Thanks to everyone who read it, and suscibed to it. It means a lot. But tell me what you really think of it, if the layout is okay, well whatever you want ^^
Bye!