Sequel: Forgive and Forget

A Summer Romance

Fifth

Leaving the restaurant together, it was obvious that Johan and Simon were getting bored by just wandering around town, and that Elina wouldn't really mind what they were doing as long as Fernando came along with them, so Marie suggested that they all returned to the hotel they were staying at and simply hung out by the pool.

Telling Elina he didn't have anything else planned for the rest of the day, Fernando agreed to meet up with them at their hotel after he’d been back to his house and changed.

So an hour after they’d walked out of the restaurant together, Elina and Fernando were sprawled out on neighbouring loungers, dressed for the occasion in trunks or bikini and soaking up the rays.

Her brothers were most likely in the descent sized pool, wreaking havoc along with the three or so other children staying at the hotel and the last Elina heard, their parents were lounging over by the bar, drinking sangria and just relaxing. It was after all what the vacation had been about, getting away as a family and just having a good time, relaxing and recharging their batteries.

Laying on her stomach, Elina was using her bundled up beach dress as a make-shift pillow beneath her head as had turned to look at Fernando who looked completely at ease, laying on his back, eyes closed and short, blondish hair sticking up in every direction.

“What?” he arched his eyebrow as he turned his head slightly to look over at her, holding up his hand to shield his eyes from the bright sun.

“Are you sure that you don't have anything better you have to do?” she asked as she continued to watch him. She found it somewhat strange that someone like him, seemingly social and friendly, didn't have anything better to do than hang around with her and her family.

“Yeah, I'm sure,” he nodded once, lazy smile across his lips as he enjoyed the almost sleepy look across her face that immediately managed to drag his mind into the gutter, picturing just how she would look waking up in the morning after a long night of...

Pushing that thought straight out of his head, he cleared his throat slightly as he shifted slightly to move onto his side, still facing her, seemingly not having noticed the slight tint of red on his cheeks.

“Alright,” she shook her head slightly, without pinking it up from her makeshift pillow, clearly not believing him.

“I'm having fun,” he insisted, his head propped up in his hand as he suppressed the urge to reach out and touch her.

“Yeah, now I know your lying,” she rolled her eyes at him. “We’re lying by the pool,” she stated simply.

“I’d be doing the same thing if I was back at the house,” he pointed out with a slight shrug. “Only difference, back there I would be alone,” he looked at her intently, traces of a smile tugging on the corners of his lips as he saw the blush that rose on her cheeks.

Not replying, she simply buried her face into the fabric of the flimsy beach dress, ignoring the amused chuckles coming from right beside her. She’d fled her home, the country for Christ sake, to get away for a guy who’d had her heart and simply crushed it with one blow. This was not how she planned her vacation to go. She was supposed to pout, be angry and hurt, and just hang by the pool when the others were having fun.

She definitely wasn't supposed to open herself up to someone something new...



Johan coercing her into playing a prank on Fernando that included a bucket of cold water being poured onto his back that was most likely pretty warm from the sun, Elina was warily walking backwards across the pool area. The bottle-blonde’s reaction had been the standard yelp in surprise, some curses and then realization as he saw who the culprit was.

And now he was slowly advancing on her as she was searching for any means of escape, the glint in his brown eyes was not to be thrown aside and ignored...

“You wouldn't dare,” she said slowly – actually having no idea if he did – as she was backing away from him, an almost evil smirk spreading across his lips as he advanced on her, her brothers finding the whole thing very amusing as they watched from the safe confines of the pool.

“Is that so?” he drawled before making a break for it and sprinting towards her, causing her to squeal slightly in surprise before turning around and trying to make a run for it, only to find that he was a lot faster than she’d given him credit for. It was only a moment before his arms encircled her waist and he easily picked her up from the ground, carrying her across the pool area.

“Put me down!” she pleaded, albeit a smile was stretched across her lips, as he only laughed and continued walking towards the pool. “Please!”

“You want me to put you down?” he asked as he stopped, not at all minding all the naked skin that brushed against his own.

“Yes, I want you to put me down,” she nodded, only just then realising where he was going. “On the ground!” she exclaimed, her hands gripping his much stronger ones. “I want you to put me down on the ground!”

“That wasn't part of the deal,” he smirked against the side of her head.

“I didn't even agree to anything,” she agreed, squirming like there was no tomorrow in his arms only to yelp when he nipped slightly on her bare shoulder. “Oi!”

“What?” he smirked against her warm skin before carrying her even closer to the edge of the pool.

“Please,” she whined, if possible, pressing herself even closer to him. It was futile as he the moment after chucked her into the large pool, laughing slightly at the murderous look on her face as she broke the surface once again.

Disappearing back beneath the surface to gather her hair and push it away from her face, she glared slightly at him as she trudged through the water and climbed the stairs to get out, dripping water everywhere once she did.

“Elina,” he softly called after her, hoping that she wasn't mad at him.

“What?” she asked dryly as she picked up her towel from the lounger she’d been tanning on earlier, drying off her face as she spared him just a glance.

“It was just a bit of fun,” he said as he looked at her, the childish part of him really wanted to point out that she’d started it... “I didn't...”

“Just fun?” she asked as she turned around. He only nodded in reply and walked over to her, looping his arms around her waist.

Leaning forwards, she placed a kiss right below his ear and wrapped her arms around him as well, the closeness of them causing him to smile softly. “Just fun,” he smiled softly, hoping she wouldn't notice what their bodies so close together was doing to him...

“I know,” she whispered softly in his ear. “Kind of like this,” she smirked as she pushed him into the pool. He’d missed that she’d been slowly backing him towards it as she was leaning against him, and this time she wasn’t surprised when he pulled her in to the water with him.

“Mean!” Fernando announced as he came up spluttering water, glancing around to find her treading water just a couple of feet away.

“I know,” Elina smiled, scrunching up her nose slightly before swimming over to him with just a handful of strokes. “But you’ll forgive me, right?” she smiled up at him.

Not replying, only licking his lips slightly, he reached out and pulled her closer, both of them tall enough to stand on the bottom of the pool. Brushing his thumb over her cheek bone, watching as her eyes fluttered close, he smiled slightly before leaning forwards and capturing her lips in a slow kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠

Outfit