Status: coming, gradually.

Vanishing Point

Chapter 1

The bell rang as I entered Ecology class. Students sat with there friends, talking and laughing loudly. I walked toward the waving arms of Amber, my best friend. I slid into the chair she saved for me.
"I can't believe it!" She said with a smile. "The beginning of the end of our high school career."
"Yeah," I agreed with a thoughtful smile. "I don't know about you but I plan to go out with a bang."
She rolled her eyes. "More of that 'adventure' stuff?"
"My life is boring," I admitted."Besides, what's a little fun for my last year going to hurt?"
She shrugged. "I don't know." She looked up and frowned. "Just as long as your 'fun' isn't with those guys."
I followed her frown and meet a pair of the most dazzling green eyes I've ever seen. Our gaze held for a second too long. I looked away.
He sat off to my right, the first seat over the aisle that separated the desk clusters. His friends laughed and slapped his hands as he sat. I willed myself not to look over, but, before I could tell myself no, I was trapped once more by his beautiful green eyes. I quickly looked away.
Amber leaned towards me. "There should be a rule against people like that."
I rolled my eyes. Good intentions don't always justify her words, but I swallowed my political speech and nodded slightly.
The teacher stood in front of the class. Her bright smile was scarey for it being both a Monday and the first day of school. She clapped her hands together. "Welcome to school. I bet this is the last place you all want to be."
"Hell yeah," Green Eyes called from beside me. The teacher pointed at him, a humourous frown on her face. Judging by the smile he returned, they already know each other.
"Well, if another person here agrees with Dario, be prepared for a hard and long school year. If you have a better attitude, you would find both a very good educational and social year. And this year, we will have the perfect combination. Alright, let us go over some ground rules."
I ignored her words. The rules are the same every year. Tardiness, talking, and sleeping banned. Good punctuality, personal and public respect, and homework on time accepted. The same plot just a different book.
I quickly looked to my right to see the dark hair of green eyes. I wanted to see his smile, but I knew that would be weird. Especially to Amber, who doesn't like guys like him. But I had to admot, something about this guy both intrigued and confused me. I looked back to the teacher, who was now passing out Get ToKnow You worksheets. I frowned when she sat mines on my desk. I looked over the questions. The most interesting activity you have ever enjoyed. The weirdest thing about you. If you could do anything at this very moment, what would it be?
I sighed. I knew my paper would be horrible. Compared to others, who attend parties nd go on trips with family and friends, I would look like some Repunzel, given everything but. Not allowed to enjoy it.
"I know some of you have alrady started but let me tell you how this will work. I will partnr up two people based solely on what you write. Each set of partners will be based on different methods of matching. Don't try to cheat off the pretty girl by you or the nice looking guy behind you. I can promise you it won't work. Don't try it.
I looked back down at the page. There were about fifteen questions total. I decided to usetime I ate dinner with the mayor and the formal party with my dad's multimillion dollar boss as my most interesting times. For my weirdest qualities, I wrote about my habit of always scratching my head when I am confused. If I could do anything at this moment? I'd party so hard, i'd be hungover for a week. I smiled at that answer.
"Hey. Hey, Beautiful." I felt the soft touch of fingers on my arm. I looked over into the green eyes I could not shake since I first saw them. He smiled. "This pest took my pen, could you spare one? I'll give it back after class."
I handed him the now warm and clammy one I held in my hand. He smiled again. "Thanks, beautiful."
I smiled in return. "Very welcome."
I turned back in my seat to feel two laser eyes burning into my neck and cheek. I turned to Amber.
She frowned. "So what was that about?"
"He needed a pen." I replied as nanchalantly as I possibly could.
"It is the first day, how'd he run out already?" She asked raising one eyebrow.
"His friend took it," I shrugged. "My guess is thaat his friend has no school suplies."
She frowned. "Whatever."
I looked back to my unfinished questions. These were easy. Simple questions about who I am and what I want in life. I scribbled through them without hesitation. I froze on number fifteen.
What is the number one thing you want out of this school year?
The answer was too easy.
I want an adventure.
♠ ♠ ♠
Trying this out, if you have any comments on how this could be better, comment or message me.