Status: Complete!

My Immortal

Chapter Twentytwo

A week had passed since the incident at the ‘Sting Rock’, Matt and I… well things hadn’t been working out. He started acting like the pompous bastard he was once again and I knew that what he had been like earlier had been nothing but an act. Matt was never a real person, I mean a real personality or friend, he just did what pleased him and he didn’t care if others suffered. Matt was on my burn list as well. He was added yesterday and now I was beyond hurt, hating him with a burning passion.

Before everything, by everything I mean Matt wanting to be my friend I hated him but nowhere near as much as now. We were at a part Jacob held yesterday to celebrate their record deal and that involved a lot of booze as well as people. We didn’t even recognize half of the crowd since well they weren’t even invited so it was no surprise to me that Serena had shown up with her girl pals.

FLASHBACK

I and Matt had been trying to get along a bit during the party. Since I didn’t know anybody at the party, well barely we tried to engage some small talk. People around us were chugging beer, dancing and grinding against each other in a complete mess at Jacob’s house.

“So… uh…” Matt scratched his neck awkwardly, as if he was trying to get something out but quickly changed his mind. “How’ve you been?”

I stifled a giggle, under normal circumstances I wouldn’t have laughed but since I had a few beers I wasn’t really in check with myself. “Wow, not lame at all Matty!”

“Whatever”

“I’ve been goooood, and you?” I pointed a finger drunkenly at him.

“Good” He hiccupped. “I missed you.”

I frowned. “Why? Just don’t…. I’m trying my best… best here to uhm… not kick you but you’re making it hard b-by saying stuff like, th-tha-that.”

He scooted over closer to me on the red couch, grabbing my small hand in his large on, stroking it with his thumb. “I’m sorry oh-okay? Can’t we just try, to be…uh….friends?”

Too tired and annoyed by us being all weird I agreed. He engulfed me in a tight and big hug as I breathed in his scent. What? Just because I was all over the place with him and all the crap I still liked his natural smell. It smelled a bit like smokes, right now a hint of Jack Daniels but he had his own special scent. A scent I actually loved.

My stomach started stirring all of the sudden and I pushed him away by placing my hands on his chest. He gave me a confused look.

“Bathroom” was all I had time to mutter before I hurried through all the people in the house and into the bathroom. The bathroom door opened just in time as I got there and I ran past all the waiting people, ignoring their nasty remarks and ‘boo’s’ at me.

As I had finished empty the contents and some more of what I had in me I splashed some water on my face to freshen up and used some mouth water I found in the bathroom cabinet, that way I wouldn’t smell like puke all night. I got out of the bathroom having people pointing their middle fingers at me and being jackasses, but I would rather have and spare me the embarrassment of throwing up in the middle of the room.

I got back out in the living room seeing Matt making out with some brunette. Her back was next to me so I had a hard time recognizing her but as soon as I said hi, smoke could have come out of my ears.

Serena.

Matt gave me an empty look.

“Uh…Matt?”

He glared at me as he leaned back in the couch, pulling Serena in with him under his muscular arm.

“I’m just gonna go” I muttered awkwardly.

He huffed. “Yeah, just go fucking slut. Nobody wants your orphan ass over here or anywhere else. Though it shouldn’t be a surprise to you since your mum or dad didn’t even want to be with you. Just do us all a favor and go die!”

Tears sprung in my eyes as I looked at him in disbelief. Several people had turned their attention to us, looking at us intensely. How could he say something like that? He had no idea what I had went through and then he just called me that? It cut pretty deep and I could feel the tears glazing over as I reached up with my hand to furiously wipe them off.

“Fuck you Matt Sanders!” I shouted as I ran through the crowd and out the door.

We were done for good.


That was it. By now I wasn’t completely over it but I tried to ignore what he said and not let it affect me. After all I had more important things to do.

I grabbed my suitcase, waving my foster family good bye. Time to start a new life in a new city, where I had actual family by blood.

3rd P.O.V

It was Monday afternoon and Matt Sanders walked through the empty school hallways. He had been here an hour after all classes ended and the whole school was pretty much empty. Matt had recalled on what happened Friday night and he felt remorseful, guilty and upset with himself for letting Serena’s action affect him in such a way. He had been searching for Amy all day in school only to find out she hadn’t been in any of his classes.

Now he was on his way to her lockers to apologize. He wasn’t expecting her to forgive him but to at least hear him out.

As he arrived to the lockers he decided to lean against the row of lockers opposite to Amy’s, knowing she would turn up any second from music-class. Time passed by and as Matt took a glance at the school clock hanging on the wall above he wondered where she was.

He had almost fallen asleep as he heard a voice speaking to him.

“She’s not coming.” He turned around to see Jacob there with a solemn look. Matt raised a questionable eyebrow.

“Fine then I’ll come back tomorrow.” He rose up from the ground and brushed off his jeans to remove the dirt from them. Matt walked over to Jacob but he shook his head at him.

“No. What I am saying is that she’s not coming.”

Matt sighed annoyed, not getting where Jacob was getting at. “What do you mean? Is she sick or..?”

“She’s not sick. She moved. They finally found a relative of hers so she decided to move to
her grandma’s.”

“She just left like that?” Matt ran a hand over his buzzed hair.

Jacob nodded sadly.

“I… I wanted to say I’m sorry to her for everything but… I just… wow.”

“You don’t deserve me being nice to you since I know what you said that night. I know everything and anything you’ve done or said to Amy, ever. Just forget about her. She’s not worth being hurt all the time because of you.”

“I know… I keep asking her for forgiveness and seem to think off them as my immortal
excuses but I know they get old and eventually then won’t work…. I just wish I would have had the time to fix this.” Matt said lowly as he felt even worse.

Jacob said nothing as he walked away leaving Matt standing in the middle of the hallways thinking about all of his regrets, wishing he could take them back. One day he was going to find a way to tell Amy how sorry he was and he didn’t care how long it would take. After all his excuses were immortal ones.
♠ ♠ ♠
FIN

This is unfortunately the end! Sorry about this abrupt ending, it doesn't really feel fair to end it like this as I have no inspiration but I just didn't want it hanging around like a loose thread.

Thank you for all of your support through out my very first fan fic and I love you all for sticking around! :D

Now that this one is over.... feel free to check out some of my other stories. (They are better :D)
If We Ever Meet Again - Brian Haner Jr.
Broken - Jimmy Sullivan.


Once again THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING! :D