Status: ONGOING

Pain Can Lead to Things So Much Sweeter

Special? So Not.

“I didn't know you were shy” he whispered in my ear lightly chuckling. “I don't get this way very often, so don't get too used to it” I whispered back giggling. “Well are you two going to eat or just sit there” Tyler's dad asked smiling at us. “Were gonna eat” Tyler said smiling at me and placing a plate in front of me on the table. I shook my head and placed my hands on the table looking up at everybody. They were all smiling and getting food on their plates helping everybody get some on theirs as well.
Looking at the seats it was pretty weird, his mom was all the way down the table with two seats between her and his brother in law. Biting my lip I tried not to say anything to them, Tyler’s brother’s face broke into a grin and I scrunched up my face at him before getting a spoon of mac – n – cheese, some sausages and a spoon of green beans.
Tyler smiled at me and I giggled lightly before picking up my own fork and taking a bite of macaroni. As we ate no one seemed to talk and I was alright with that at the moment, my body was overly aware of the too hot for his own good Tyler beside me. Finishing my plate of food I gathered all of my utensils before I even began to stand up.
The three women besides myself stood as well; Tyler’s sister was gathering her two kid’s plates as well. Standing all the way I headed into kitchen, and straight to the sink. Turning the water to a warm temperature and rinsing my plate and fork off I opened up the dish washer and placed the plate on the bottom rack facing the silverware holder. Then I placed my fork prong side up in the middle holder on the utensil place holder. “It is nice to know that my son is being normal again and to meet you finally Rayne” Charlene said smiling kindly at me. Blushing when his brother’s wife piped up “Plus he must really like you to let you even cook in his kitchen”; my face became redder and I nodded giggling quietly when what they said finally registered. “Wait your saying he don’t let people cook in his kitchen” I said shocked by her words. “Yes Rayne that is what they are saying and it is true I do not let very many people touch much less cook in my kitchen. You are the first in a very long time hon” he said walking closer to me.
Working around me since I had not yet moved Tyler got his dishes inside the dishwasher just like I had done. Once he was done I could finally move away from the dishwasher and I sure the heck did. He chuckled at me and I felt the weird sensation of Brandon trying to enter into my mind and thoughts, I put up an invisible wall. “Brandon damn, didn’t I tell you entering my thoughts isn’t nice” I yelled towards the dining room. “I’m sorry it just was so tempting but I couldn’t get inside your head this time” he said walking into the room. “Yes I know you couldn’t because I stopped you this time” I said looking at him.
Everyone got eerie quiet and stared at me “What” I exclaimed shy again. “How did you block him out” Sam asked completely curious. “Well I felt his presence and put a shield up to keep him out” I replied blushing lightly and looking downwards. “Wow that is truly amazing. You really are special to be able to do this and know who is attempting to perform the mind reading technique on you as well. But anyways has Tyler asked you if you wanted to go to the park with us yet” Sam asked me smiling. Smiling back I lifted my head slightly so that she could see me “Yes he has and I would love that” I replied. “Great well we are going to get ready” Sam said smiling more as everyone left the kitchen but Tyler and me.
Closing my eyes everything came crashing down on me making my emotions run high. A strong hand rested under my chin and his soft warm lips found my forehead; smiling slightly I felt a blush creep back up. Looking up at him lightly through my eyelashes he broke away and chuckled lightly. The feel of his kiss lingered with a warm tingling sensation making me blush even more. “So how are you” he asked looking at me, “I am doing better though, thanks. I do want some coffee though” I replied giggling; “That’s good” he said chuckling.
“Yes but how are you” I asked now concerned for him, “Rayne hon you are here, safe and were getting along. I would say I am pretty good now” he replied completely honest. Blushing I smiled up at him before turning back towards the door leading to the hallway. “Before we can go I need to go get my jacket. I will be right back” I told Tyler before turning, exiting, and finding the stair case again. Finding Tyler’s room I walked inside closing the door behind me.