Sequel: Un-Accidental Penpal

Accidental Penpal

Leave me alone.

Talk to Moly and Bret?

Okay you want to know about my life? Moly had an abortion three years ago when one of her last boyfriends took advantage of her. She still cries at night, terrified that he will find her even though she moved clear across the country away from him. Bret has been in and out of jail ever since high school for plenty of things. The night when I first sent out that letter was when he finally got out for good behavior. He can't do much of anything with out his parole officer close by.

My family basically chastised me since I dropped out of college. My own father won't even speak to me. He needs to go through my sisters who also see me as a failure compared to their successes. The other day when they stopped by my home, one sister was flaunting her doctor fiance at me asking me rudely when I was going to actually settle down for once and get a job and a man of my own.

You say to go talk to them or even you, a guy who I barely know, about my scars and my life. You would never understand where I come from. I actually went to your house the other week. I was just curious and wanted to know what it was like living in a town a hundred miles away from where I lived. No wonder you had such a nice guitar, your whole family is stinking rich. Your mail box even reeks of the wealth of your family. Some girl was outside watering flowers but I didn't greet her, I just left. The proof of your house told me what I needed to know.

You lived a comfortable life while my family was poor and forcing the children to get the high paying jobs so that we could send them off to some extravagant retirement home. When I could have been hanging out with friends and making sure that Bret never got into any trouble, my parents forced me to work and help pay bills. When I found my hobby in music and when we tried to make a band before Moly left to go to college, my father found out and forced me to terminate the band calling it a waste of time. He even called my music horrible whenever I practiced it at home.

It killed me to even hear that out of my own father's mouth that I took my fury out on the guitar breaking it. Sure I broke my hand in the process, but it didn't matter. Whatever I do is useless.

You would never know that would you? You had the over protective family who probably hugged at every waking moment and who snickered at the homes in the neighborhood that relied on Welfare to keep them safe.

Don't try to understand me.
Leave me alone.

-Kendal