Sequel: Un-Accidental Penpal

Accidental Penpal

Hello Creepy Sober Person

Dear creepy sober person (yes I realize that I need to change the name after getting your last letter, but I decided to keep it for at least one more letter. It just felt right.)

So the necklace is absolutely amazing. As soon as I saw it in the envelope I started cracking up. All the guys in my unit looked at me weird because of it but it doesn’t matter. I love it. Honestly. It’s not stupid at all. And I don’t mind in the least. I’m never taking it off even though its technically not ‘in uniform’, but between you and me the Army could use a little advice in the fashion department. Maybe you could give them a few tips?

Oh and I must say before I forget again that the money you sent with your other letter went to postage. I’m much farther away now so it went to good use. And honestly, I feel a little bad that I haven’t sent you any gifts in return. This is only the second letter and I’ve already made money off of you and got a awesome necklace out of it too.

And in all honestly, I’m kind of glad that you wrote that letter. I don’t get a lot of mail (besides the occasional ‘I miss you be safe’ letter from my mom that really doesn’t count as mail. It’s seriously the same thing every single time I get a letter from her.) when I’m out here and it gets old getting it from the same old people. My sister always fills me in on what I’m missing back home and my mom is so worried that I only skim through her letters now.

Don’t get me wrong, I love my family, they can just get a little…. Too much at times. And I totally understand where you’re coming from with the whole family thing. My sister is some big shot scientist who graduated from college early and has a good paying job, husband, and a three year old and another on the way. She’s 25, only two years older than me and makes me feel like a total failure.

When I got out of high school I had no idea what I was going to do with my life and for some reason I signed up for the Army. No I don’t regret serving my country, but sometimes I wonder what would happen if I chose something else. If I decided to take the college path instead. Would I actually be able to feel important or would it change anything at all?

But anyway, at least you have a place of your own now. Honestly I actually sold my apartment and moved all my crap back to my parents house since I don’t know when I’m coming back and don’t want to waste rent.

Seems like both our letters are sounding pretty pathetic and dumb. But hey, things could be worse. And in all honesty, I wish it was cold right now. It’s over a hundred degrees over here and I’ve got a crap load of gear on and I’m dying. I would do anything to be in air conditioning with a cold beer in hand.

Anyway, and like I said before, don’t worry about the drunken letter. It was quite funny and was the perfect distraction I needed before I shipped out. And my address has also changed. My sister actually found it in my mail box and sent it to me properly so send it to the return address on this envelop next time and it will go through the Army’s security and checks and hopefully get to me at a reasonable time. But the Army is stupidly slow and the mail hardly ever gets here in a reasonable time. But whatever, at least I’ll get the next letter. If you want to continue writing. Don’t feel obligated to. You honestly don’t have to.

So anyway, I should probably go. Mail is being collected soon and I want to get this out tonight so that I don’t have to wait until tomorrow and possibly forget and make this letter take even longer to get back to you. So bye my strange little creeper.

York.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahh! I'm seriously loving writing this! I hope you guys are too! Thanks for all the comments and subscribers already! =D