Sequel: Un-Accidental Penpal

Accidental Penpal

Hello Creepy Hippe/Ex-vegan/Vampire Person

Dear Creepy Hippie-loving Ex-vegan Vampire Person (Yes I know that I said I would stop with the names but seriously, you just make it too easy to tease.)

So first off, thank you for the sweet words and thanking me for being over here. It’s not that big of a deal really. Sometimes I just sit here wondering what I’m doing when my other friends are in even more dangerous situations while I wait and twiddle my thumbs waiting for my unit to get called out.

And don’t worry about not realizing, it’s not that big of a deal.

Oh, and to answer your most important question, yes, it is exactly like the movies. Every day I’m running from Aliens coming down from space with big guns that can make you turn into ash. Have you seen the third Transformers with those guns the Decepticons have that with one shot you’re nothing but a pile of bones? Well, it’s a lot like that.

Just kidding. It’s honestly weird at times. It’s hot and humid and you constantly have to wear your gear (or at least keep it close) in case your unit gets called out suddenly or the ‘other side’ (which is the nice version of what we call the enemy. Trust me there are far worse names and you don’t want to hear them…) suddenly attacks base. You’re constantly on your toes waiting for the worst to happen.

Oh and you know that hippie you were talking about? Well actually that was me. I went through a strange period in my life where I decided to try and protest against war but when I realized it wasn’t effective I decided to join the war. Just kidding. It really wasn’t me but I’d like to meet that person and have a cup of tea. They sound quite interesting. Do you still have their number? Or did he even use phones? You know that whole thing were people think that phones give you brain cancer? Well I’m pretty sure that it was hippies that came up with that one day when they smoked a little too much pot.

Anyway, enough with hippies and pot, the real question I’m wondering if you’re a vampire! You know, kids are pretty perceptive and know what they’re talking about when they say that you’re a vampire. So is there something you need to tell me? You know, I’m pretty sure my friend has a support group for vampires if you need someone to talk to. Actually, if you want give that hippie his number too; I’m sure my friend knows some hippies that he could talk to.

But I love your drawing. If you look on the back of this letter you will see a drawing that a native kid drew. He insisted that he contribute something to this letter so I let him. I hope you don’t mind. He’s a great kid. We saved him from an attack a few months back that both his parents and younger brother died in so we took him in. He’s like our little mascot.

And no, he’s not part of the enemy that we’re fighting against over here. He was part of the group that was actually helping us fight against them. I can’t really go into much detail but lets just say that the people in his village helped up navigate the land where our base is set up and in return we gave them medical supplies. That is, until the enemy realized that they were helping us and decided to attack.

His name is Ali (it’s pronounced Aah-Lee in case you’re wondering.) by the way and he’s about ten. I was telling him about you and he wanted me to tell you that he says hi. He’s currently staring me down while I write this demanding that I let him draw more and I’ll probably give in and let him so be prepared.

And don’t worry about me, I’ll be fine. I have some of the best guys in my unit and I trust them with my life. They’ve got my back. So don’t worry that weird little head of yours. And by the way, thanks for writing back. I wasn’t honestly sure if you would.

York.

(Ps, and by the way, I’m just wondering and tell me if this is too personal, but are you gay? You seem like your hitting on me. Haha but don’t worry if you are it’s fine. I’m no homophobe I was just curious…)