Status: Please be patient, i have two other fics to update, but remember to comment and subscribe, more comments more updates :)

Love and Other Lies

Bullet Proof Heart

~Dimitri~

I felt like I was flying.. then all of the sudden I was falling, fast. I heard unfamiliar voices, I must have fallen asleep with the T.V. on again.

"HE'S CRASHING!" A female yelled

"Grab the cart!" A masculine voice called.

"Dimitri, come on... COME ON!" She yelled, pain, a burning smell. What's with this dream? I feel like I am imploding, and I am so heavy.... everything is heavy. A steady beeping sounds and I heard them cheer. It's not a good T.V. show unless someone lives that is in a high drama situation, they always save them. Medical T.V. is so predictable.. but why am I in so much pain. A gasp escapes my lips.

"Dimitri?" The Masculine voice asks me. I can't respond, I can't move. I can only breathe, and that is getting harder and harder.

"I think he can hear us." The chick responds. All of the memories start flooding back. Anna Marie, Nolan, the shot. Anna Marie. My eyes fly open, this isn't a dream, and I didn't fall asleep with the T.V. stuck on a Medical Drama show. This was real life..... and Anna Marie was in danger. I had to get to her. I started to struggle, making the pain increase to unimaginable heights, they push me back down.

"NO!!!!! ANNA!!!!!!! I HAVE TO GET TO HER!" I say trying to get them to understand.

"She's... she's ok, Dimitri you have been shot in the chest, we don't know where the bullet is so you need to quit moving. Do you hear me?" The girl says, I know she is lying about Anna but I lose all of my strength to fight them.

"mommy" I mumble. I want my mom.

"She's in the waiting room, we are putting you to sleep so we can get you to surgery.... she'll be there when you wake up, do you want us to tell her anything?" She asked me in a motherly tone.

"Just tell her..... tell her that, I'm sorry" I said feeling my eyes droop, hot tears falling out of my eyes.

~Anna Marie~

"Nolan, were are we going?" I asked, he has sobered up a little in the two hours we have been driving.

"You will see when we get there, just.. keep driving" He told me. He was staring out of the window, the gun never leaving his hand.

"ok." I replied, he reached over and turned on the radio, I couldn't help but tense up. He noticed.

"are you scared of me?" He asked, a little bit of hurt seeping into the words.

"no" I said, my voice shaking a bit.

"It's ok, you can be scared of me... I did just shoot what's his face in front of you" He said turning back to the scenery.

~~A DAY LATER~~

~Dimitri~

It hurt, everything hurt. I could feel the weight lifting off of me and I opened my eyes, it was light outside and my mom was asleep holding onto my hand, I smiled and tried to wiggle my hand but it only came to me in a twitch, I tried again, concentrating, this time it worked. Her head shot up, tears filled her eyes and she sprung up.

"Dimitri, baby!" She said almost leaping on top of my bed. she hugged me as gently as she could. Nurses rushed in and so did Rick, he looked like hell, so did my mom. I officially liked him. It got very busy and my mom was pushed out of my line of sight, she ended up holding onto Rick. A month ago I would have hated that sight, but right now... i'm ok with it. She was happy, and if it took Rick to do it... I guess i'm happy for her. The nurses asked me dozens of questions and prodded me everywhere, she opened my gown to show my wound, it looked horrible. She pressed around the edges and I hissed in pain.

"YOU ARE HURTING HIM!" My mom scrame, springing over beside me and stroking my face, she wasn't even this concerned when I overdosed, I guess it was because this time I didn't do it to myself.

"sorry mam'" The lady replied sheepishly scribbling in her notebook. I couldn't take it anymore.

"where is Anna Marie?" I asked my mom. Her face fell into sorrow.

"We don't know" She replied looking at Rick.

"What do you mean you don't know" I said, the beeping on the machine started to pick up.

"Dimitri, calm down... the bullet hit some major stuff and we need you to keep calm" The nurse said shooting warning looks around.

"CALM DOWN? MY GIRLFRIEND IS BEING HELD GUNPOINT BY A GUY THAT TRIED TO RAPE HER AND SHOT ME..... YOU DON'T KNOW WHERE SHE IS AND YOU WANT ME TO CALM DOWN?" I said the beeping keeping a steady (and very dangerous) fast beep.

"Shhhh, we will find her" My mom said stroking my hair.

"mom, i'm scared" I said, the beeping starting to slow down and tears falling down my face.

"I know baby, I know." She replied wiping the tears. Rick came over and sat beside me, he put his hand on my arm.

"I will do everything in my power to find her" He said looking me in the eyes. All of the sudden I got very tired. My eyes started to droop.

"Thank yo-" I tried, falling asleep.

~Anna Marie~

The signs all point towards Minnesota. Why the hell would we be going to Minnesota? There is only a few people here I know and I really don't want to see them. but sure enough as he directed me towards a large almost rundown house I knew where we were. We were exactly where I never wanted to be. A dog ran out of the house followed by a masculine voice that made my blood boil and my body freeze up. My "father" walked out of the house and froze, staring at the truck... no, staring at me.

"Why?" I whispered.

"you'll see" Nolan replied, slipping the gun into the holster on his jeans. "get out" He said, sliding out of the truck. My whole body went numb, my emotions gone, my hope dashed and my heart broken I slid out of the truck.

"Anna?" The man asked confused. I didn't reply I just stood next to Nolan.

"Are you Scott?" Nolan asked him

"yes... why? not that i'm angry at seeing my daughter, but why are you guys here?" He said obviously surprised.

"we were passing through" Nolan replied pushing me forward towards the house. "can we come in?" He asked. Scott seemed to snap out of a daze and smiled.

"of course" He said opening the door and letting us in. "do you want anything to drink?" He asked us. I just shook my head no.

"no thank you sir" Nolan replied pulling me down onto the couch. Leanne, Scott's fiance came in, immediately Scott responded

"This is Leanne, she's deaf" He said, I knew she wasn't deaf, but she knew sign language... so did I, did he know I wasn't here out of my free will?

"Oh, um, I don't know sign language" Nolan said crinkling his eyebrows at me.

"i'll translate" I said finding my voice. I signed to her that I was kidnapped and I needed help. I heard Scott behind me grunt in aggravation. Leanne just kept smiling. and signed back.

'I understand, we will help you, are you hurt?' Nolan grunted beside me

"what are you saying?" He asked obviously getting agitated.

"I said it was nice to see her again. She said that I have grown up so much from last time. She wants to know if we are together." I lied smoothly.

"oh, tell her yes" He whispered to me.

'thank you, I need help, he shot my boyfriend and I have to get back and see if he is ok.' I signed back

'he's packing heat?' She asked crinkling her eyebrows at me.

"translation" Nolan grunted

"We are together and we are traveling over to New York so I can become an actress. She told me that it is hard" I replied not taking my eyes off of Leanne.

"good" He whispered. Scott walked into the living room with some water. Leanne started to sign to him what was going on. He kept his cool and just nodded. I leaned over to Nolan.

"She said she was going to go make a sandwich and wanted to know if you wanted one" I said.

"sure" He replied, still obviously stupid.

'sign something that looks like help' I signed to her, she nodded and did what I told her.

"She wants my help in the kitchen" I said starting to get up, He grabbed my wrist and pulled me into a kiss. A hard unloving kiss, one that told someone that they owned them. He leaned close to my ear and whispered.

"don't do anything stupid" And let me go. I walked into the kitchen with Leanne, as soon as we were in there she grabbed me into a hug. And whispered into my ear.

"you will be ok. do you need to use my phone to call back home?" She asked letting me go and grabbing her cellphone out of her pocket.

"thank you so much" I said trying to hold back tears. I dialed Dimitri's number and waited.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like it. thanks to all of my silent readers and my loud ones....

LOTS OF LOVE AND STUFF :)

(title credit to My Chemical Romance <3)