Status: Please be patient, i have two other fics to update, but remember to comment and subscribe, more comments more updates :)

Love and Other Lies

Mom

~Dimitri~

They had to take her in for an emergency C-section. I guess they are saying that there is something wrong with her pregnancy, and they don't know if the baby is going to make it or not. I've never been the praying type, but here I am, sitting in the chapel of the hospital praying to god. I know I haven't been the greatest follower god, but if there is one thing you want from me, please take it and let them be safe. I would trade my life for them, my soul. Cast me into the pits of hell if it means that they are safe. Don't let it be their time. I love my wife and children enough that if you came and asked me to give them up and it meant that they would be safe, I would do it. Please god, please. Please. The sobs were making it hard to breathe, but I had to keep praying. I had to keep praying for her.

~Anna Marie~

I am walking through the darkness. It feels like I am floating, but there's enough gravity that I'm not floating in the air. If you can call this air, it's more like fine shimmery particles, that make you feel happier and happier every breath you take. It's getting lighter with every step, The light get's brighter and I can see the shape of bars up ahead. Am I dead? A silhouette of a figure is approaching, and I know who it is before I see her. I can feel her energy wrapping itself around me.

"Hi mom." I whisper.

"Baby." She smiles, wrapping her arms around me. I know i'm gone.

"Mom, am I dead? Or is this just a really vivid dream?" I asked her, I knew by the look in her eye that I was dead. I will never get to hold my babies, or sing Tilleena another lullaby. For the first time since I got here the gravity of the situation finally hit me. I'm dead. I could feel the tears begin to fall. My mom reached up and plucked one from my face.

"You are dead. But that doesn't mean you can't go down and check on them. In fact, you are their guardian angel. But this comes with strings." She told me. She grabbed my face in her hands and looked me deep in to the eyes.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I mean that they are not allowed to see you. The babies and maybe Tilleena will see you because they are still so young, but your husband cannot see you, neither can any of your family other than your children. You can protect them, but only when it is not their time to go. Also you can visit their dreams, but not often and not in the angel attire. If you don't remember, I was always in my bikers jacket when I came into yours." She winked, I couldn't help but chuckle.

"Yea... But who am I going to be watching over? Just the kids?" I asked. She shook her head and gave me another motherly smile.

"You are going to watch over your kids and husband, god thinks that it's best if you watch over them all, but another string is that you cannot interfere in their lives unless they are in serious danger. Do you understand?" She asked. I nodded and I felt a pressure on my back.

"What's going on?" I asked, freaking out.

"You are getting your wings, Your trial starts after you get back, I think you need to comfort your husband before you begin your training." The pressure got fainter and I felt like a feather, no weight. I nodded and started to walk back the way I came. "And Anna?" She said, I turned towards her.

"Yea mom?" I asked.

"Thanks for naming your baby girl after me." She winked. I chuckled, walking towards earth.

~Dimitri~

I finally decided to go back up to the waiting room, she should be out of surgery soon. I stepped into the waiting room and everyone was silent, the surgeon was in the room. I knew before he even turned around. My heart fell to pieces and I slid down the wall. My emotions were shot and I couldn't breathe. The surgeon walked over to me and sat by me at the wall, he looked like he went through hell. The sobs were making it worse than hard to breathe, if I could stop breathing I would. He was saying something about trying everything they could. And then I remembered the baby. I turned to him as fast as I could, and I think he thought I was going to hit him because he retracted away from me. I barely choked out the words.

"My baby" I choked on my sobs.

"The babies are fine. There is a girl and a boy, they are in the NIC unit. We tried everything with your wife, but we couldn't stop the bleeding in time....." He went on talking but all I could concentrate on was the plural of baby that came out of his mouth.

"Babies?" I questioned. I was confused and broken. Gerard walked in with Tilleena, taking in the scene I heard him whisper no. About to leave the room with my daughter I stopped him. "Gerard, let me see my daughter." I told him. He nodded and brought my daughter to me, I slid her into my lap and held her close. I better get this out of the way while I can, I don't want her to miss the funeral, or keep her in the dark. She's so much smarter than anyone knows. I turned to her.

"Mommy." She cooed. I could feel the tears take over my body again.

"Tilleena, mommy.... she's gone away. She didn't go because she doesn't love you, because she loves you more than anything in the world, but she went away because god needed another angel. You have a little brother and sister that are going to be coming home with us soon and we have to be extra careful with them ok?" I didn't know what to do. Not in a million years did I think I would be telling my little girl her mother wasn't going to be coming home. I knew she understood, and she started crying. I hate to see my little girl cry, but i'm not going to leave her in the dark. She looked up as if someone was standing over her and she immediately stopped crying. It was weird. I felt a shiver go over my forehead, as if someone was kissing it, but it was soon gone. Tilleena stood up and stumbled toward the door, like she would when her mother would walk out of a room. Gerard scooped her up and put her on his hip.

"I'm going to take her home, and clean up the house. If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask." Gerard looked strong, but I knew he was on the edge of tears. He turned around and headed out of the hospital with Tilleena. Hannah was sitting on the couch, deadpanned and looking like she was hollow. I couldn't move, I didn't want to.

~Anna Marie~

My baby was crying. It hurt me so bad to see that scene. I knew Dimitri was hurting, but he was going to do great without me. I have faith in him. I walked out of the room and headed towards the NIC ward. I want to see my babies before I go back to heaven. I walked into the nursery and saw them in the hospital bassinet. They were so cute. My babies I love them so much, and I can't wait to see them grow up. We were going to wait until I gave birth to know the sex of the baby and since we had the names picked out for either sex I know what he is going to name them. The boy, who is on the right, he is going to be Darius. And the beautiful girl of the left's name is going to be Lilith. I've always loved those names. I kiss both of them on the forehead and walk out of the hospital. It's time to get back to heaven.

~Dimitri~

It's been a few hours. I finally get up from my spot. Everyone else has gone home by now, but I want to see and hold my babies. I have some paperwork to do also. I make my way to the NIC unit and see a nurse. I explain who I am and she says she's sorry for my loss, but i'm too numb to say thank you. She leads me to my babies and I want to hold them. She wraps them up and hands them to me. My babies. I cry for a while before I hand them back to her. She leads me out and to the front desk, I fill out the paperwork for my wife and babies. We discussed the names before she passed away. The girl is Lilith, and the boy is Darius. I can't wait to take them home. Tomorrow I have to get up early and take care of the funeral arrangements. It almost kills me to even think about it. I drive myself home to find Gerard curled up on the floor of the living room. I could tell he has been bawling. Next to him is my wife's cuddle blanket. I sigh and sit next to my brother. I pick up the blanket and cradle it in my lap. I think I startled him awake by the movement because he bolts up in alarm. Finding me cradling my wife's blanket he wraps me in his arms and let's me sob. How could god be so cruel?
♠ ♠ ♠
So..... if you haven't guessed this isn't the last chapter. And i'm assuming you are picking up your pitchforks and torches. Please Please Please don't kill me. The next chapter is it. Ending. Fin. I know! Bitter sweet. But I have some neglected stories that need my attention and this is the longest one. Also I thought it was time. You are all so amazing.

Love and Other Lies,

Tiffany Murray

(By the way, my mother's name is Tilleena....... and she did pass away. And I have had a few dreams of her in her bikers jacket... so yep :) I love you all so much!)