Status: Please be patient, i have two other fics to update, but remember to comment and subscribe, more comments more updates :)

Love and Other Lies

The dangers of the dark.

~Dimitri~

"your playing with fire kid" I heard behind me. I turned around to find a guy walking up to me. He couldn't be any older than I am. He was tall, blonde, very blue eyes and very pale.

"excuse me?" I asked curious to why this guy was talking to me.

"I said, you are playing with fire." He smiled reaching where I was.

"what do you mean?" I asked him.

"she doesn't date, everyone around her is protective, hell the whole school is protective over her. Good reason too, she is something else.." He said almost dreamily towards the door.

"I got the protectiveness from everyone, what reason does she not date?" I asked excited to be getting my questions answered.

"that's not my place. She will tell you if OR when she wants to." He replied. "oh, and my name is Tyler" He said reaching his hand out, i shook it.

"Dimitri" I replied letting go of his hand.

"i know. everyone knows who you are now.." He smiled turning away. "and not everyone's happy about it."

"thanks" I responded walking to class, what had i gotten myself into?

~Anna Marie~

Five more minutes and I can go home. I'm tired of the looks i'm getting and I'm tired of the thoughts, I want to go home, get the wood in and take a nice long nap to forget today.

"Anna, i'm sorry about your dog, please if you need anything.. just ask" Mr. Fisher smiled.

"Thank you sir" I said standing up. He clasped my shoulder and looked me in the eye.

"everyone's here for you Anna" He said

"thank you so much." I replied, the bell drowning half of the sound out.

"take it easy" He said patting my shoulder and walking back to his desk. I walked into the hall heading to the library, I had to get a script for acting. I love acting.

"bye Anna" Echoed through the halls as I reached the library

"bye" I replied politely. Finally reaching the library, going straight to Rem's Reserves. Grabbing the first book and sitting down in the little nook of the corner and reading almost the whole book.

"Anna, library's closing" I hear behind me.

"Ok Mrs. Paul, i'm just finishing up" I said straightening up the bookshelf, it's much later than usual. She must have wanted to work late tonight, it's almost dark.

"night Anna, so sorry about your dog sweetie" She said wrapping me into a tight hug.

"night Mrs. Paul" I replied getting released, walking through the sensors and into the half lit hall. A shadow passed by the door. Panic ran through me but I hyped it up to my imagination.

"Don't be stupid.." I said to myself, walking into the parking lot. Only my car and Nolan's were still there. Weird, practice must have ran late and he was still cleaning up. It was pretty dark, dark enough for the street lights to be on, only adding to my paranoia.

"you shouldn't be out here so late, bad people tend to hang around at night" I hear behind me. Nolan must have just gotten done cleaning.

"naw.. not in this town, too many people care about me, I have people in high and low places" I said sarcastically

"oh, well some of those people don't like seeing you slut yourself around with the new guy when they have been ready to be with you for years." He said, malice growing into his voice.

"what?" I asked reaching my car and unlocking it. He was right there before me.

"people talk Anna" He said pinning me against the car.

"people lie Nolan" I retorted putting my hands on his chest, trying to push him away, he must have taken it differently because he darted to my lips. Not gently I might add. "NOLAN" I almost screamed.

"Scream my name little slut" He said crushing my lips again pulling me closer to him. I started panicking, my heart beat rose alarmingly and I started to bawl.

"please, stop" I tried to say, my words crushed by his lips.

"i bet you didn't tell him to stop" He said pulling me away from my car door and opening it, shoving me onto the seat, not so gently and climbing on top of me. I went numb. completely relaxed and felt my brain die. Just like when I was younger.

"you like this?" The husky voice asked me, the water bed moving with every move he made. I didn't respond. I couldn't. "of course you do" He said putting his head back between my legs. My little eight year old legs. Finally he finished, wiped me off with the blanket a "Go clean yourself up" He said sliding off the bed, throwing a dollar at me. "and Anna, don't tell mommy" He said. The man I was supposed to call my daddy, the man I was supposed to love and he was supposed to love me. Not this kind of love, not like this. I know it's wrong I just can't tell, he told me not to. The man that is supposed to protect me from men like this.

"ANNA!" I hear. I feel my legs growing warmer, like my pants were being put back on.

"I won't tell" I whisper.

"what?" A voice says to me, it sounds worried, and familiar.

"I won't tell mommy, i promise" I whisper, my head getting clearer.

"Anna, please, look at me. Anna.. Anna please" The voice begs. It get's closer, I feel arms around me. i'm on cement.

"wha.." I start, i'm so confused... what happened to my house?

"Anna, are you ok?" His voice says. I look up.. I can feel the tears on my cheeks. It's Dimitri. Dimitri, he saw me like this. I'm so ashamed.

"Dimitri?" I whispered reaching my hand up and making sure he was real.

"Anna, are you ok? That guy.. He..." He couldn't finish, I see the blush in his cheeks.

"He hurt me" I said simply, that's all I can manage.

"and I hurt him" He replied kissing my forehead. "I hurt him" He whispered into my ear.

"Dimitri?" I said

"yes Anna?" He said looking into my eyes.

"please, don't tell" I said, I saw the anger build in his eyes.

"excuse me? not tell? HE WAS TRYING TO RAPE YOU!" He spit.

"did he?" I asked not sure.

"no, I stopped him in time.. Anna... you can't remember what happened?" He asked still holding me.

"no" I responded tears pricking my eyes.

"it's ok Anna, don't try if you don't want to." He said kissing my hair again.

"please, Dimitri.. don't tell" I said worried.

"fine, if you don't want me to, I won't tell" He said I can see the words are taking alot of self restraint to choke out, but i'm so relieved.

"thank you, Dimitri? can I go home?" I asked, still shaken.

"yes, i'll take you.. i remember where you live. But i'm driving" He said seeing the keys on the ground, he grabbed them and helped her up, bringing her to the passenger side and helping her in. He started the drive. I'm so embarrassed, I can't even look at him..... He saw me helpless.. I never felt more helpless in my life. I thought right before I drifted into darkness.

~ Dimitri ~

I looked over at her, She was sleeping. I reached over once we got to her house, the second my hand made contact with her skin she flinched. That son of a bitch. I hope i broke his jaw, he got in a few god hits too, i won't be surprised if I have a pretty big bruise on my stomach in the morning. She wasn't waking up so I got out, took her keys out of the ignition, opened the passenger door and got her into my arms. I closed the door and used the power lock on her car door to lock the car. I walked up to the house and noticed the lights were off, I silently opened the door to the cozy looking house, seeing the couch I set her down and grabbed one of the blankets from the end of the couch, spreading it across her. I found a piece of paper and pen writing her a note.

~Anna, I hope you are ok, i'm sorry for everything. Please, tell me you are ok... I carried you in and put you in your living room.. I also locked the door... here's my number.. PLEASE text me in the morning and tell me you are ok. seriously. um.. i sound pretty lame.. so I hope you are ok Anna.

Night sleepy head.

Dimitri~

I slipped out of the door after putting her keys on top of the paper, I locked her door and started my journey to my house.. I'll be lucky to get there long enough to take a shower and jump on the bus. It's gonna be a long night. But i'm happy I stayed to help the janitor out tonight, or he might have hurt her worse than he already did. I wanna kill him, and for her.. I may just do it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, heavy chapter.. but i hope the flashback wasn't too much... comment and subscribe :)