One More Sunset

stay with me, baby,

"You know I'll always love you, Garrett," she whispered, staring up into his eyes as she held on tight to him. "It's always you and me, you know that."

He nodded, cupping her cheek in his right hand and he leaned down to kiss her, savoring the sweet taste behind her lips. A smile was placed on his lips as he pulled away. But again, he kissed her, over and over.

"Garrett," she murmured softly. "Garrett." It was louder then. "Garrett!"

"Garrett!"


"Garrett, wake the hell up, man!"

At the voice, he shot up quickly, noticing his surroundings that suddenly changed. The girl whose face he knew all too well vanished and the taste of her lips disappeared from his own. Instead, he was faced with John, the singer for the band he played bass in, known as The Maine. He frowned and ran his hands over his face, wishing he could go back into the dream he had had many times before.

John furrowed his eyebrows. "Dude, were you having the same dream again?"

Nodding, the younger of the two - Garrett being two years younger - stood up from his bunk and went to the restroom in the tour bus that was covered in signs the boys had all made. He laughed at the ridiculousness and then he washed his face, trying to forget the beautiful girl again.

"Gare, we're here," John called through the door, "that's why I'd been tryin' to tell you earlier! We're in Houston now!"

It was only day three of the tour and already, Garrett was exhausted. Each night, he had the same dream. Well, not the same, but similar. The girl was the same in all his dreams. She had piercing blue eyes with a hint of gray in the them, an adorable button nose, light brown that could pass as blonde with all the highlights put into it that went very low on her back, a skin tone that wasn't too pale, nor too tan, and she was thin while standing at a height of five foot five. With several tattoos on her body and stud pushed through her nose, while having several piercings on her ears, she was beautiful. She was absolutely beautiful.

The dreams all contained this well-known girl. Each night, he dreamed of something that happened with her. Either it was a date or a fight or a sensual night, he dreamed of her. She was no longer around, but in his dreams, she was always there.

Something about being in Houston again felt different that time than the previous times. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that the girl in his dreams had come from Houston and they'd met there. He didn't know if that was it, but he was almost positive it was.

---

"So this next song," John started after he strapped the acoustic guitar around his shoulder, "is about this girl. When we first met her, here in Houston, hell, we were all convinced it was love at first sight. She came at the perfect moment and this next song is about her. None of us talk to her anymore, but if she's out there and if she ever hears this, just know that we still love you."

Softly, John began to strum the guitar. He shut his eyes, picturing the girl that he knew Garrett dreamed of. After he let out a breath, John opened his mouth and began to sing. "There was a new girl in town, she had it all figured out. And I'll state something rash. She had the most amazing... smile."

A smile was placed on the girl's lips as she watched him sing. "She made her way to the bar, I tried to talk to her but she seemed so far, out of my league. I had to find a way, to get her next to me. I'm falling in love, but it's falling apart, I need to find my way back to the start."

Thinking of how she had first met the boys truly made her laugh. It was John who had started her relationship with the band. As the song stated, he had walked up to her at a bar in Houston after their show. When he tried talking to her, she had brushed him off. But in the end, she, of course, gave in to the O'Callaghan charm.

That was the night she met Garrett. That was the night that her entire life changed, all because of meeting one boy, whom she fell so deeply in love with, in the shortest amount of time.

As she watched him, still and content on his side of the state, Brooklyn couldn't help but smile softly. He seemed different than he did before. His nose piercing was gone and his hair was a tad shorter, along with a smoother complexion. She always thought he was just fine before, but then, staring at him, she saw just how attractive and perfect he was.

"Are you gonna go backstage and talk to them?" the bartender at the venue asked.

At his words, Brooklyn turned, raising her eyebrows. "Excuse me?"

He laughed and nodded towards the boys on stage. "You're the girl that he was talking about, right? I can see it on your face." When she opened her mouth to ask how in the hell he knew that, he simply laughed again. "I'm a bartender. I can read people and I can tell. You should go talk to them."

Honestly, Brooklyn had planned to. She planned to go backstage and talk to the boys she missed dearly. It was in the cards for her. But once they got off stage and she was on her feet, ready to go, she stopped. There was no way they would want to see her, despite what John said.

So instead, she walked out of the venue. She walked out with her head low and her heart tearing. She left, convincing herself that she was better off and so were they.
♠ ♠ ♠
Gary story! comment please!