Status: Complete

There You Are

Chapter 5

Three Months Later
Kurt's POV
It's been three months since dad found out about Blaine and I. Things are going great. But I haven't heard from Tom in three months, it's not like I care but I would like to get the divorce over with. What's taking him so long?
"You okay sweetie, you're kinda quiet over there." Blaine says as he wraps his arms around my waist.
"I'm fine don't worry about me." I say as I lean back against him.
"I know but I can't help it. You mean so much to me."
I turn around in his arms so that I'm facing him.
"You mean so much to me too." I say as we kiss.

There's a knock on the door.
"I'll get it." Dad says as he walks out of the dinning room.
"Burt!" I heard a voice say.
I reconized that voice, it was Tom. What the hell was he doing here for?
"Kurt you okay?" Blaine asked as he wrapped his arms around me.
Blaine was such a nice guy. I really care about him, maybe even love him. But I can't tell him yet not when Tom and I are still married. I looked at Blaine and gave him a small smile.
"I'm fine." I say as dad and Tom enter the dinning room.
Carole, Finn and Rachel look over at Tom and gives him a dirty look.
"Kurt." Tom said smiling, trying to not notice the looks everyone was giving him.
"Tom." I say as I lean into Blaine's arms.
"Who's he?" Tom asked as he looked at Blaine.
"I'm Blaine Anderson, I work at the garage with Burt." Blaine said as he held out his hand.
"Uh huh. So you're the help?" Tom asked.
"Tom! That was rude, even for you." I say.
"So what your into help these days? A big step down don't you think?" Tom now had a smirk on his face.
That bastard! How dare he do this to Blaine?!
"Tom I think you've said enough." I say getting up. "If you're mad at me then tell me but leave Blaine out of this. He did nothing wrong and I'm not going to stand here while you insult him like this. So either say you're sorry right now or get the hell out."
Everyone looks at me with their mouths open, I've never acted like this before. But I guess there's always a first time for everything.
"So what? Now you're picking up for the help? What the hell happened to you?" Tom asked.
"Tom, what the hell are you doing here? I haven't heard from you since you asked for a divorce. Which I'm waiting on now."
"I've had some time to think things over and I've decided that I don't want a divorce now. I love you Kurt and I want to work on us." Was this guy for real?
"Really Tom? You expect me to believe that? Well now I want a divorce." From the look on Tom's face he's not going to be giving in quickly.
"No. I'm going to fight for you, I love you."
"So I guess things didn't work out between you and what's-his-name did it?" I ask, did he really think I'd forget about him dating someone behind my back?
"Kurt, please can we talk about this in private?"
"No. Now I want you to leave. Now!" I say as I turn around and leave the room.