Today

oo2

Lynette felt someone breathing against her cheek and a familiar scent of mint tickled her nose, this grasped onto her sleepiness and was pulling on it. And then his voice flowed through her ears, gentle words that signaled the end of the tug of war between consciousness and slumber. Her eyes fluttered open and they met his ocean orbs.

“Andy,” she said her voice still hoarse, “What’re you doing here?”

He laughed lightly, “See what you do to yourself? You’re so exhausted from all that work, your brain cells aren’t functioning right anymore but since you’re not capable, as obvious as it is, I’m picking you up.”

She groaned, “Its way too early for your smart ass remarks, Andy.” She started rubbing her right eye beneath her glasses, it itched for rest.

Andy just chuckled at what she said. He took her right hand, stopping her from scratching which Lynette objected to, letting out an irritated “Hey”. He pulled her up and drew her closer to him. He took off her glasses and slipped it on her collar, “You slept with your glasses on, Nette. You got to stop doing this to yourself, it isn’t healthy anymore.”

She sighed and surrendered to the comfort of his body, Andy wrapped his arms around her as she spoke sighing, “I know. It’s just, I have no choice. Tell me again,” she looked up at him, “Why in the hell I signed up for all those AP classes in the first place?”

“Because you, missy, have a knack for challenges,” he told her.

She pulled away, placing her hands to her hips, “You probably knew then that it was going to end up like this, huh? I blame you for everything, Andrew James Oliver.”

Andy placed a hand over his chest and faked an expression of being hurt which Lynette rolled her eyes in response, “Now get out, I have to change.”

&&

The two made it in time before the bell rang; thankfully Mr. Ockler wasn’t gracing the halls with his presence at the time, enabling the two to run through the main hall.

“I don’t think I could come along with you later, Andy,” Lynette told him, her flats squeaking against the white tiled floor.

He felt his heart drop, “Wha-Why?” he stammered, his whole mind racing around the idea that he might’ve been wrong about his instincts this morning.

She frowned, “I’m sorry, I know this recording thing is really important to you-“

“It really is, Nette. I mean, c’mon, today’s the day I’ve been dreaming of for years,” He told her. Andy has stopped running now, he couldn’t seem to move his feet from his spot, “I was expecting you to be there with me, to share that one special moment in my life.”

This had made Lynette stop as well, “I know and I’m sorry but Andy, I’ve got papers to be done up to my neck and they’re all due the day after tomorrow.” She looked away, avoiding his eyes to avoid the guilt, “I know you’re going to say I’m a terrible best friend but if I don’t pass these on time, I may never-“

“Look at me,” but she couldn’t, so instead he tucked his thumb under her chin and clasped it between his index finger and turned her face towards him, “I understand.”

She nodded and said a shy “Thank you.”

The two no longer cared about being late; they walked in silence until they reached the hall where they had to go their opposite ways. Andy did not say goodbye to her but just nodded and headed for the opposite direction, not because he was mad but because he needed to think and he needed to think fast.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know I said previously that this would be written in Lynette's point of view but I got carried away while writing, so now it's both of theirs. And I know the last chapter was a total cliffhanger and now is a total filler but it'll get better, I promise. :)

Comment & Subscribe! :D