Tiptoe Through the Tulips

One.

“This isn’t a democracy anymore”

Ricks words echoed in my head the next morning, I didn’t like what he was turning into, he was a fair man, maybe “was” is the vital word there. I groaned, I hadn’t slept well, I don’t think anyone had, even with the fire it was freezing that night, and even with that and Daryl’s jacket and body warmth I was still uncomfortably cold.

On the plus side the cold made my head numb so it didn’t really hurt anymore. I groaned again feeling my joints scream in protest as I moved, slowly raising myself up careful not to wake Daryl and staring up at Rick who was standing on the wall, looking out. I didn’t know whether to talk to him or not, he was angry yesterday, I think that was why he flipped out so bad, the stress of everything that had happened.

Or maybe I was making excuses because I didn’t want to believe what he could possibly become.
A quick whisper caught my attention and I turned, noticing Maggie and Glenn were both awake, huddled in one corner. They gestured for me to join then and I rolled my eyes, standing and feeling the tightness in all my muscles start to evaporate, “What’s up?” I asked lightly, trying to remove the serious looks from their faces as I reached them. Maggie bit her lip, looking towards Glenn, “We want to leave”

What?

“What!? No you guys can’t leave” I hissed, careful not to raise my voice too loud “Would you really leave your dad and sister?” Her face fell into a frown,

“Rick isn’t thinking straight...” I cut her off turning to Glenn.

“Would you just abandon me like that?” He avoided my eyes and looked down at his knees, “Fuck this” I declared, standing up again and leaving the “camp” storming to the cars and sitting on the bonnet of the closest one.

They couldn’t leave, Maggie would never do that to Beth and Hershel, and what would the group do without Glenn?
What the fuck would I do without Glenn?
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay sequel :)
<3