Tiptoe Through the Tulips

Fourteen.

I gasped as the second body landed slightly on me, I squeaked pitifully, desperately trying to push the body off of me before the blood could soak into my skin, it was suddenly lifted and I sat up, my breathing was shallow, each breath catching in my throat as tears ran down my face, I could taste the salty liquid, it stung my cut lips.

His arms looped around me but I fought against it, images of my father, of Shane,Rick's rage earlier flashing through my head.

I fought against him until the exhaustion suddenly overtook my body, the sobbing stopped and I took deep shaky breaths, trying to stop the tears. “We need to go.” he whispered gently, his hands softly rubbing up and down my arms, “Can you walk?” I shrugged weakly.
Could I?

He touched my upper back to check I would stay upright before moving around my body so he was facing me, he brushed some hair behind my ear, he spoke, his voice tense “I should have found you sooner.” His bit his bottom lip regret evident.

I raised my eyes to watch his face cringe as his eyes trailed down my body. He twitched to life suddenly, his hands slid under my armpits.

“They would have heard the shot, be wondering what’s taking so long. You need to try and walk for me? Okay?” I nodded, though doubt still flowed through my broken body. He started to help me stand, wincing as each bruised rib was jerked I eventually found myself standing weakly. He moved away swiftly, pulling the hoodie from the teenagers body and helping me to put it on, it was huge on me, swamping my figure and covering my lower body.

“Maybe you should just go...” I said weakly, “I’m only going to slow you down.” he frowned as he awkwardly retrieved my underwear from the ground. He helped me to put them on.
Eurgh.

The blood that had dripped down my thighs was drying, making my skin feel tight and itchy.
It was disgusting.

His arm went cautiously around my waist, I think he expected me to pull away from his hold, to start to cry again, but I was still trying not to fully absorb what had just happened.
I wanted to be numb.
Like the night after Dale had died.
I didn't want to feel.

I was looking at it as if it had happened to someone else, even though my body still burnt from his touch and the bile was stick high in my throat.
I breathed out, trying to clear it from my head.

“Are there anymore working cars?” I asked voice as weak as I felt as we limped towards the main road, the best chance of finding a car, if there is one that it.

He shook his head again and my heart dropped, “Not that I know of, we can try a few, depends if they siphoned the gas or not.”

I took another step, my knee screaming and resisting the weight put on it. A spark shot through me,
“Daryl’s motorbike!” he looked at me out of the corner of his eyes, “We had to leave it, it has plenty of gas if they left it...”

“At the motel.” he finished, a broad smile spreading across his thick features, “Fucking brilliant, I can’t imagine they would have touched it!” he looked behind him cautiously as if expecting them to be able to literally appear from mid-air.

They seemed so insane that they could be such a work of fiction.

Luckily the motel was in the direction we were heading, towards the town entrance, “Wait,” I said, stopping suddenly as the idea hit me, “Why are you still here?”

He stiffened suddenly, before trying to relax himself, “We can talk about that later.” he suggested, gently pushing me forward, his large hands could probably fit around my waist.

I obeyed, once again leaning against his side as we stumbled towards the car park like some sort of lame conjoined animal.

It seemed like hours before I could see the motorbike, still left by the entrance to the hotel. It was still dark although it must have only been a few hours until dawn. So far we hadn’t heard anything, but to be truthful, it must have only been half an hour since I had regained consciousness.

Fifteen minutes since I had been raped.
It must have been about an hour since the others had escaped, they must still be driving, Daryl unaware I had been left behind.
That must be why he hasn’t come back for me.

I hope that’s why.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3