Tiptoe Through the Tulips

Fifteen.

“Why are you still here?” I demanded suddenly, breaking the awkward silence that encased us, “You saved my life, but... you shouldn’t have been here, you should have been safe with the others!”

He snorted, and turned away as if to ignore me, “Stop it”! I cried suddenly, “For all I know everyone else thinks I’m dead, they might not look for me. You saved me, you tried to help us and you really didn’t have to.” I faltered, trying to find the right words, “Why did you stay here?”

He laughed sarcastically, “Your friends didn’t exactly give me a chance...” he started, once again pulling me along once again.
“I got them to the car, your boyfriend and that Rick guy.” I nodded, my brow furrowed.

“They...just left you?”

“They didn’t just leave me sweetheart, they took my gun and knocked me out with it, when I woke up the car was gone.” I gasped.

Daryl wouldn’t do that.
He wouldn’t go back on his word.
Would he?
Between my thighs burnt and I tried not to double over.

Since the farm everything seemed different, people seemed different.
Maybe it’s just me.
Maybe people are adapting to this new world.
Changing.
Maybe I am.

“I’m s...sorry.” I stuttered, glancing at him, he smiled softly, it widening as we reached the motorbike.

He let me go and I stood unsteadily, watching as he searched through the side bags, letting out a true laugh as his hand rose the keys tight in his grip. I offered him a small smile; I shared his enthusiasm about getting the hell out of here.

I just had no idea where to head to.

“Where are we going?” I asked, would he want to go to the people that abandoned him and lied to him.

“Your group is better than just us alone, we wouldn’t last long. You need medical attention as well...” he said, trailing off uncomfortably.

“You can’t tell them what happened” I snapped, making his rise his eyebrows.
“You can’t, they beat me up, that’s all you say. You don’t tell them what else happened” He nodded, eye wide and confusion clear on his face.

I bit my lip, my face felt flushed. I didn’t want people to know, I felt dirty. Ashamed.
Daryl might look at me differently because of it.

He broke the silence by coughing and I forced a smile, apologising for snapping. He muttered something about seeing if there was anything left and darted into the motel, leaving me alone in the car park.

It was cold, I realised suddenly, I had been too numb trying to block out what had happened to notice. Before long it would be winter. We, whoever we was anymore, needed to be somewhere with shelter and supplies by then.

I wondered what would happen to the Walkers as it grew colder, would they freeze? Would their metabolism slow and so they became less of a threat?
Would they somehow evolve to adapt to it all?
Fuck knows.

I hobbled over to the bike, pushing myself so I was sitting side saddle and grimacing at the pain in my side, my knee was still painful but bearable, it had twisted or sprained but walking had seemed to do it some good.

On the other hand I was fairly sure I had broken a rib or two. If we found the others Hershel would have to take a look, good thing I grabbed the painkillers I thought with a small snigger which flickered for less than a second before the grief and pain hit me again.

They would have to accept... shit. I have no idea what this guy’s name is.

I used to pride myself on learning people’s names quickly before, I hated to have a conversation and not know who I was talking to.

I asked him as soon as he exited the motel, carrying a few tin of food and a bottle of water that he instantly handed to me.
He chuckled as I asked him, “That’s not something that people really bother with now is it?” I shook my head, offering him the remainder of the bottle. He declined; telling me I needed it more than him, the pity in his eyes bothered me.

A bell rang out, presumably from the church.

He groaned, “Time to go, where are we headed?”, I told him to just follow the road, we could stop at the gas station and then... back to the site from the other night, hopefully the others would have gone there.

I can’t even remember what Rick had said amidst all the panic.

“Its Tyreese.” he told me loudly, starting the ignition.

“I’m Ariella.” I told him, the memory of my first meeting with Daryl flashed through my head.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tyreese is a character from the comics, although the storyline surrounding him will differ quite a bit.
( yeah i did some research and looked up the comics ;) .. im so proud)
:D
<3