Tiptoe Through the Tulips

Nineteen.

He smiled, his intense eyes still piercing the surroundings, scanning for any sign of movement, anything. The evening passed quite quickly, we had grabbed paper and a pen from the shop and I had been trying to draw a shitty map of the way back to the highway from memory, the turns we had made had luckily been minimal.
Country roads are really long and really straight.

When it was too dark to write or draw we chatted, once again ignoring the situation we were in, it reminded me of my first proper talk with Glenn, about movies, TV programmes.
Apparently he used to play Football professionally.
Surprisingly considering he wasn’t really a big guy, just over six foot, he was muscular, you could tell from his arms and the time I had spent holding onto him whilst on the motorbike but he wasn’t massive.

In all truth he was absolutely beautiful, making me very aware of how downtrodden I looked compared to him.

Yep, now was apparently the time I decided to become vain and concerned with my appearance.

Luckily for us the moon was out that night, the sky was clear, as the night progressed this was a positive and negative for us, the positive was that we could still see fairly well once our eyes adapted, the negative was that it was absolutely freezing.
I glanced over to the spot I had spent the other night here, wrapped in Daryl’s arms.

Every time I thought of him it hurt.

I wanted to go hunting for this prison, regardless of what Tyreese said. I was hoping once we got back to the farm it would be quieter, the Walkers would have left and there were plenty of supplies still there, we had left nearly everything in the attack.

Hershel had to have a map somewhere.
And then we could head to the prison.
If everyone was still there.

It must of been close to midnight now, it had been dark for a few hours, he was asleep, head heavily leaning on my shoulder causing my arm to grow numb. He would twitch randomly or mumble something incoherent.

I was jealous of how deep a sleep he seemed to be in, ever since this had all happened I would awake at any small noise.
Guess I was adapting after all.

The shotgun was in my lap, one bullet not to waste on something stupid. It made me think of Pirates of the Caribbean for some reason, the idea that you only had that one bullet, to use on yourself or something else.
I would never use it on myself. I’ve doubted my will to live several times now, but after last night, actually believing I was going to die.

I was going to fight like hell to live.

A sound caught my attention, a moan and rustle. Fuck. I shook Tyreese quickly, waking him blearily.
“I heard something.” I whispered, causing him to wake up instantly, he stood, stretching and looking around, grabbing the baseball bat from it’s spot next to him.

“From where?”

“I couldn’t tell.” another noise, he raised his hands up to silence me.

Another rustle and suddenly something had fallen off the top of the wall and onto me, a Walker, I went to scream but the noise caught in my throat as I desperately tried to keeps its jaws from my face. It’s sharp hands scraped slightly against my stomach and an image of Dale popped into my head.

This time I let a scream out.
Pushing against the monster as Tyreese tried to tug it off of me, I gasped as its weight left me suddenly, wrenching myself up away from its grasping hands as the baseball bat began to reign down on it.

I could see the bones snapping, the remnants of brain pouring out, yet it still moaned, still stretched towards me as Tyreese continued to hit it.
Suddenly it stopped, becoming still.

Small splatters of blood covered my legs, but that was nothing compared to Tyreese. Thick patches of clothing were soaked, not just blood, chunks of brain and skin. He had paused, the bat still raised over the creatures head, as if to strike again.

The rhythm of our heavy breathing was broken as another groan rang out, and another.
“It’s a herd of them!” I breathed out, feeling my eyes widen as panic set in.

Like on the highway, when Sophia...
Oh God.

We stood still for a second, breath visible in the cold air. The moans grew louder, movement;shuffles from the woodland. Tyreese was still bent over the first Walker, I could see his knuckles were white as he gripped the baseball bat.
“We need to go.” I said, sounding much calmer than I thought, a screech from somewhere behind us broke though that.

“Now Tyreese. Now!” I sprung forward grabbing his wrist and drawing him out of his trance.

“MOVE!”
♠ ♠ ♠
This may be the last post for about a while ( Sorryyy)
I've kind of lost my way with this story so I'm gunna concenrate on my Avenger's one and keep this on the back burner.
(Although if inspiration hits i'll be sure to shove it up)
<3