Tiptoe Through the Tulips

Three.

The garage was empty, completely, not a single Walker or body which seemed strange to me.
"Glenn...” I said, noticing a fatal flaw in our plan, “We have nothing to put gas in.” He groaned and lifted his cap, running his fingers through his hair, it was a little habit he had I noted.

“There’s got to be something around!” he whined, placing the plastic bags we had crammed full of supplies on the till, luckily, since we were in the middle of no-where the garage was actually pretty intact.
There were lots of supplies around so we grabbed a variety of stuff; torches, lighters, batteries, bottled water, cans of food etc...
I really wish I still had my old bag with now; this was going to be so awkward to carry. I heard Glenn let out a strange shriek and quickly ran to him alarmed, “What the hell are you doing?” I asked him, noticing he was hunched over a box, he turned at me and grinned before moving back so i could see what was in the box.

“It’s a box of Reese’s peanut cups.” I said, he nodded at me, mouth still open wide in a grin, he furrowed his brow seemingly not getting why I wasn't so excited.

“I’m allergic to peanuts,” I said, “So I’m going to stay away from those,” I jokingly backed up, “Lemme know if you find anything useful” I called, I really really want a new toothbrush, my teeth felt horrible.

I let out a squeak of my own alerting Glenn as I spotted a small cleansing section. He rushed over, mouth full of chocolate and the evil that is peanuts, “What?” he asked, I grimaced as he dribbled slightly, “Why Maggie sleeps with you I’ll never understand.” He stuck his tongue out at me and I giggled, pointing to the selection of soap, toothbrushes, shampoos, toothpastes and other bathroom stuff.

“There anymore bags?” I asked him excitedly, he nodded and brushed past me, returning with some fabric bags and going back to the other aisle, they were the kind that are supposed to be able to carry loads of stuff, “And you couldn’t have got these earlier?” He ignored me and I peeked down to where he was, apparently trying to eat his body weight in Reese’s.
_____________________________________________________

We had left the garage about an hour ago and were heading back to the group, I had persuaded Glenn to stop eating the sweets and to put some in a bag to bring back so other people could get to have some as well.
He wasn’t too happy but I did my best “mom” impression and it seemed to work, the walk seemed even longer this time and I was beginning to wonder why no-one had come looking for us.

“They know we’ll be fine.” Glenn reasoned, although I still felt a little hurt Daryl apparently hadn’t been bothered that I had disappeared for most of the day. We had decided to leave some stuff at the garage since we couldn’t carry it all, luckily though we had found a container for gas and had filled it, enough to get all the vehicles to the garage at least, and then we could grab the rest of the stuff on the way....

But on the way to where?

As we reached the straight section of road we both let out a groan, “I’m too fat for all this walking.” I complained, pouting at Glenn, “Carry me?” I teased, edging closer to him.

Ignoring the fact that we all weighed less than we ever had before.
Sometimes it hurt when I lay on my side, my hard hips aching against the dense ground.

“If I carry you I will actually collapse.” he told me, “This stuff is so heavy. Being nice sucks!” he declared, causing me to snort with laughter, “ Eww,” he mocked in a terrible impression of me.

“Why Daryl sleeps with you I’ll never understand!” I continued laughing, particularly enjoying the way he had pretended to flick his hair back as he spoke.
“Man, You should have come to college with me,” I told him, “ Your acting is B-E-A-U-tiful.” he gave a over dramatic bow, hissing as one of the bags slipped, hitting him in the shin and causing me to burst into hysterical laughter, having to bite my lip hard to stop myself.

We couldn't risk attracting attention to ourselves.

The sound of an engine brought it to an abrupt stop and I could see Daryl’s motorbike heading in our direction, “On a scale of one to mad how angry do you think he’s gunna be?” I asked quietly, looking back at Glenn.
“Mad.” he answered, sorting the bags out so he was able to carry them easier.

“Wanna do me a favour and say it was your idea?” I begged, pulling a puppy dog face to no effect.

“Nah,” he said, grinning at me, “I’ll just show him the Reese’s and all will be forgiven.”

We stood still as Daryl stopped a couple of metres in front of us, climbing off the bike and making his way towards us with his arms crossed.

“What the hell are you two doin’?”
♠ ♠ ♠
<3