Tiptoe Through the Tulips

Six.

“You can’t make me move.” I grumbled, face down on the bed, “I haven’t been so comfortable in weeks!” He chuckled and roughly shoved me sideways causing me to tumble off the bed with a loud squeak.

“You okay down there?” he asked, rolling over and laughing as he caught sight of me crumpled on the floor, I glared up at him before heaving myself up and flopping back on the bed.

It was so god damn comfortable; I haven’t slept in an actual bed for so long!

We were currently in a small motel on the outskirts of the town, away from the main road and in its own fenced off area, complete with car park.

There had been three Walkers stumbling around but Daryl and Rick had made sure they were sorted quickly and everyone had crammed into a few rooms on the same floor, Daryl, Glenn, Maggie and I were sharing one with two double beds, whilst T-Dog was staying on the couch after he had been on look out.

I felt sorry for the guy, he always seemed to get stuck on look out, but had refused my offer to take his place.

The rest of the group, Rick, Carl ,Lori, Carol, Hershel and Beth were in a similar larger room across the hall.

The place had no heating or electricity but we had discovered the water, although cold, was still running and with the added bonus of a bed and being inside everyone was content to spend the night here.
Maggie left the bathroom, hair wet and up in a towel, looking much fresher than she had earlier that day, “I needed that.” She joked, rubbing the towel against her hair and making her way over to a sleeping Glenn.

She looked down at him fondly and I 'awwed', gently causing her to roll her eyes, “I so wish I had my camera right now.” I joked, looking at the strange expression on Glenn’s face.

Maggie shushed me and I quietly told her goodnight before crossing the room and clambering on the bed next to Daryl, “Your hairs still damp.” he complained, brushing it out of his face, I straddled him, leaning over and turning off the lantern.
“You wanna have really awkward, quiet sex or not?” I asked, eyebrows raised as I purposely leant back, grinding our crotches together.

“You are such a fuckin’ tease.”

_________________________________________________

“There should be a lot more Walkers than this.” Rick muttered, eyes wary, something was seriously wrong here, the town was average size, a least a few thousand people, and yet we had seen less than a dozen Walkers in the hour we had been out scavenging.

Where were they all?

I caught his eye and nodded, slowing down so I was walking next to Glenn, “You as creeped out as I am?” he asked.
"Completely, I don’t get it, Walkers go to towns, they don’t leave them!”

“Keep your voices down!” Daryl hissed, turning around to face us, “For all we know they’re all in a group somewhere, just ‘cause they ent here now don't mean they won’t be.”

He may have a point but I was still unsure, the cars yesterday should have attracted more, it wasn’t like the motorbike especially was at all quiet. I sucked on my lower lip as we continued down the main road and a piece of rubbish, a can of some kind, caught my attention outside the drug store.

I noticed with a frown that I didn’t remember it being there yesterday.

I wanted to check it out “Rick?” I called, “It might be worth grabbing some bits from the pharmacy, just in case.” he nodded and I started walking that way, out of my peripheral vision I could see him stopping Daryl from following me and I felt a swell of pride that he thought I could handle myself.

I poked my head in and glanced around the small shop, "Its empty,” I told them, “I’ll just be a second!” I walked in, taking off the backpack I had grabbed from a shop earlier and picking up anything that seemed useful. Even the drug store was fairly full, every other one we had been it had been ransacked when people panicked.

Something was really fucked up here.

The door to the office at the back was slightly ajar, I placed the now bulging backpack down and headed over, they may have kept more “dangerous” medicine in here, morphine and stuff. I pushed the door fully opened and froze as a shotgun barrel was pressed against my temple, slowly moving back as a hand covered my mouth,

“Lets not make a scene now sweetheart”
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh dear <3