Because Puppets Need Love Too

God Dammit!

Nicky’s POV.

You stared at me with love dripping from your eyes, hoping that what I just said was meant in the way that you interpreted it. I could tell that you were very nervous by the way you were fiddling with your tie, and fixing your glasses. It was then that I realised just how much you loved me. But I wasn’t sure if I could love you back the same way, I wasn’t sure that you deserved someone who didn’t love you as much as you loved them. You deserved better than me. I quickly thought up a lie to stop you from taking it the wrong way, which was actually the right way.

“Well, you were just so bouncy, flamboyant and so obviously into guys, that I couldn’t help but catch on! You’re infectious, in the good way, of course.”

I quickly looked down to try and miss the look of utter despair that would cross your face, but it was still there when I looked up. It was sad enough to shred my heart to pieces. What was I doing?! You loved me so much; I couldn’t do this to you! I grinned and spoke again.

“Ju-”

Ding dong.

I was going to kill whoever was at the door. Sighing, I got up and ripped the door open to see a nervous looking guy with orange skin (A massive contrast to my own green colour skin).

“Hello, who are you?” I asked, looking him up and down as I did. His black hair, the same shade as mine, kept falling in front of his face as he scuffed his sneakers on the ground.

“I’m Princeton, I’m new. Are you the superintendent?” he asked

“His apartment is two doors down on the left,” I instructed. Poor kid, he obviously saw the “For Rent” sign on the empty apartment next to ours. It was the smallest there was. I looked at my watch and counted down from five before I heard his voice again.

Oh my God, you’re Gary Coleman!” Yup. That was pretty much everyone’s reaction to meeting the superintendent on Avenue Q. His life was pretty much the worst out of the lot of us. He's always selling his stuff on eBay because he’s got no money, but he’s an okay guy, I guess.

I shut the door and walked back into the living room to continue our conversation, but you weren’t there. I heard a strange noise coming from behind your bedroom door, and cringed. You were crying. I decided not to disturb you, because I didn’t have the guts to go in there and tell you it was all a lie. I sighed heavily and walked into my room, shutting the door behind me and curling up on my bed.

The next thing I knew, it was very dark, the only light coming from the neon green numbers on my clock that read 1:19am. There was no way I could fall asleep again, so I walked out into the kitchen and made myself a cup of coffee, flipping through the channels on the TV. Suddenly, your door open and you walked out, your brown-orange hair ruffled and your suit crumpled. The tear stains on your blue skin confirmed that you had been crying. You took one look at me and then started to turn back into your room.

“Wait!” I called softly, and you turned around, your chocolate brown eyes swimming with pain.

“I’m sorry. I can’t believe what I said earlier. I want you to know I was lying,”

Your expression changed to confusion, then cleared. Instead of making you happy, your eyes filled up with tears again as you struggled to push the words out.

“Y-you’re not gay? Then why did you-”

“No, of course I am! I couldn’t feel this way about you if I wasn’t!” I stood up, abandoning my coffee and held your face between my hands.

“I love you,” I said, pressing my lips to yours.
♠ ♠ ♠
No, the people aren't aliens! They're from Avenue Q, look it up if you haven't heard of it!
This chapter by Trinity XD