Because Puppets Need Love Too

Found A Way

Despite the nurse's attempts to keep me down, I pulled myself up (with much agony) and followed you through the halls, all the way to the reception desk. By now, you were sick of hearing my pleas for forgiveness, so you turned around and just glared.
And I just stared back.
It was like we were trying to read each other's thoughts while our own were drenched with anger and sorrow.
Finally, you broke the silence.

"I just can't believe you could do that," you growled through clenched teeth. "Not to mention, you barely tried to resolve it!"

"I didn't have time to resolve the problem, because you were already gone!" I protested. "And that just raises further questions! Why did you leave, knowing what the overall outcome would be, huh? Did you think I'd shake it off like it was nothing?"

"Well it's not my fault you can't control your emotions properly!" you shouted, your raised voice echoing through the linoleum halls.

I tried to remain calm. "There's one thing I really want to know, though."

You watched on, and I could see the anticipation in your eyes.

"What made you go back and save my life?"

With that question, you turned abruptly and looked as though you were going to stalk off again, but in mid step, you stopped and hung your head. I'd caught you completely off-guard, and you didn't know whether to stay or to leave me here.
Slowly, you swivelled around again, and looked up at me, your eyes drowning in pain.
We were completely still for that moment, as was the air, until suddenly you leapt at me and gave me the most enormous hug I'd ever received in my life. You shook softly under me as you descended into tears, whispering to me every apology known to mankind.

After some time, you stopped and sniffed for a little, and then you were quiet again, trying to rearrange your thoughts into something comprehensive. After a short while, I heard your voice whisper in my ear.

"Love found a way."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's short, but I guess it's quality, not quantity, right? =)